Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:11:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I think whenever someone says "Fuck Obama" they should add (and the TSA!) to the end. If I've ever seen a bunch of window licking, incompetent motherfuckers, TSA employees are it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:35:23 PM EDT
[#2]
My 87yo mother in law was stopped twice. They looked so stupid trying to explain to a old confused dowager humped lady what to do. A airline Captain got his toe nail clippers taken from him. On board every civil aircraft is a required list of equipement that the A/C must have before taking off. On that list is a CRASH FIRE AXE. Same as the fire dept have. He took it from the wall of the airplane that he was going to fly and took it back to TSA and yelled. They took the ax and he no longer could move the airplane. Never did find out what happened after that. And finally to make you feel a little better, my old partner at the SO was in uniform at the county airport when a TSA dumbass decided he was going to stop and check him. He ignored said dumbass and was grabbed from behind in a choke hold. Incorrect action! Dumbass was crying that he had the right to stop the "PIG" and he couldn't be arrested. Incorrect deduction. He went to jail.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:41:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Wanna hear a good one?

I was going through El Paso and used my CAC as ID instead of my DL.

They said they could not accept that because it says "Contractor" on it.

So just because it says that makes it an invalid form of ID?

I guess noone explained to these idiots that the CAC process is the same for everyone..

TSA = Schmucks of the HIGHEST order

I just left Harrisburg PA for El Paso and had the exact same thing happen, except I'm a non contract DoD civ.

They are really proud of those badges and epulates.

If I didn't have to fly for work reasons, I'd never set foot on an airplane again.

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:01:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Fuck the TSA
Fuck bush who gave us the tsa
Fuck Obama
Fuck Congress
Fuck the republican's in congress who didn't oppose this fascist bullshit
Fuck Libs
Fuck anyone who does not believe in the US Constitution like they would the bible

Fuck the Fucking  Fuckers

FiFY
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:19:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I got flagged flying on orders!

My son has had that happen also. Several times.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:21:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Det0nate

FiFY

Naw, you just fucked it up, the way you do most threads.

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:29:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

AD flying on orders generally exempts you from extra screening.  Did they actually paw through all your stuff?

Do you have a reference for this?
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:42:24 AM EDT
[#8]
While we are on the topic of TSA idiocy, has anyone else read this article?
Seems to prove the points everyone suspected.

http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200811/airport-security
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:47:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My 87yo mother in law was stopped twice. They looked so stupid trying to explain to a old confused dowager humped lady what to do. A airline Captain got his toe nail clippers taken from him. On board every civil aircraft is a required list of equipement that the A/C must have before taking off. On that list is a CRASH FIRE AXE. Same as the fire dept have. He took it from the wall of the airplane that he was going to fly and took it back to TSA and yelled. They took the ax and he no longer could move the airplane. Never did find out what happened after that. And finally to make you feel a little better, my old partner at the SO was in uniform at the county airport when a TSA dumbass decided he was going to stop and check him. He ignored said dumbass and was grabbed from behind in a choke hold. Incorrect action! Dumbass was crying that he had the right to stop the "PIG" and he couldn't be arrested. Incorrect deduction. He went to jail.

I fucking dare a TSA piece of shit to lay his fucking hands on me. Stupid-assed searches and pat downs are one thing, but I will lose my fucking mind if one of them ever tries that choke hold shit on me.

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:48:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

AD flying on orders generally exempts you from extra screening.  Did they actually paw through all your stuff?

I have been flagged a lot, I think that the TSA idiots do a form of profiling, pick the short haired, clean cut white guys, because TSA knows that they won't bitch much.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:57:34 AM EDT
[#11]
The last time I flew they took my cane and xrayed it.  I looked at the guy and said catch. He said what. I said catch. When I give you the cane I may very well fall flat on my face. Thats one job I would think twice about doing.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:59:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you have a reference for this?

Not off the top of my head.  It's one of several exemptions that AD military have, including being exempt from carrying a passport while on orders.

It's possible they changed the policy... I separated from AD several years ago.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:15:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I like how they insist on x-raying a braided belt.  You know, the kind you can see through.

I get the pat-down all of the time because of 4 fake joints

Woohoo.  

That's your problem.  If you had 4 real joints you could've shared with the TSA screeners and they would have sent you right through.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:30:06 AM EDT
[#14]

Exactly... I don't know what airlines you were all flying, but I never got the extra-screening proctoscope.  

Displaying ID and orders promptly put a stop to that nonsense every time I traveled... then again, we were a bunch of surly field-grade officers, mostly physicians and surgeons.  On our way back from OEF, we were tired, dirty, and not going to put up with that sh*t.  When the ranking officer of our little group (a colonel, and orthopedic surgeon) started growling at the TSA person, they apologized and backed down.

You just have to know the regs, and the rules... quote them chapter and verse, and the person you're dealing with will usually back off.

TheGrayman,

It does help, I’m an AD USMC field grade officer.  It also helps to know the actual rules and regulations then stand up for what is right.

2002 coming back from the Philippines via San Francisco for a meeting and had an encounter with a liberal TSA individual that was sure of her position and authority.  Basically she decided to have and attitude and assert her authority making up the rules stating in a very condescending manner “well I’m on the front of the fight on terrorism”.  I refused her requests and those of her immediate superior and demanded to see the boss.  The boss showed and tried the same BS with the excuse that they were on the front line of terrorism.  After about ten minutes of public spectacle they decided to let me continue with my trip.  I gave them my return trip information ten days later and offered them a chance to be on the front lines of the war on terror as I had Marines in Basilan and the Stans and I could help out.  My offer wasn’t well received.

I’ve had other instances of TSA issues but they always end up backing down when it is proven they are in the wrong.

S/F, FOG

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:43:35 AM EDT
[#15]
I just flew on a hunting trip. Carrying a multicam backpack, wearing a surefire cap and wearing a milsurp jacket. No problems at all. Did have one TSA ape ask me if i worked for surefire because he needed to order batteries.

other times Ive got the full service treatment. I never check sa bag anymore because it will get ransacked, might get looted and may get lost.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:46:38 AM EDT
[#16]
I got flagged in St Lucia. Yeah, have fun with that.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:46:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Every time I have flown on orders I have been flagged for additional screening.

Every. Fucking. Time.

Cocksuckers. Reminds me of the 'Airplane' flicks where Grandma is getting strip searched in the terminal while Achmed walks through with an RPG.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 7:36:45 AM EDT
[#18]
When I left on orders for deployment to Iraq, my pregnant wife and 3 year old son accompanied me to the gate for one last kiss and send off. I was traveling on orders, rucksack and seabag etc. but they still channeled me into the extra strip down and full carry on luggage search while my family stood by and watched. I identified myself and showed my mil id and orders, didn't matter. Regular civilian folks were passing right through the metal detector and moving right along toward the gates.

What a bunch of crap.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 7:39:01 AM EDT
[#19]
I got flagged in Uniform.

The 2 ragheads in their garb went through.

That is the only time it pissed me off.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top