Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2008 3:15:46 PM EDT
Ok so I work with an after school daycare and one of the new kids mothers is amazingly beautiful. We have been joking around, and talking when she comes in to pick up her kid. She recently joined the military and has 2 kids, one of which I take care of and the other is too young to be in my program. She recently enlisted in the Army. This is her first duty station and she is working supply.  The other day I asked her for her number so we could hang out sometime and she gave it to me. I then offered to meet her and have lunch together the next day and she said sure. So I mentioned a place and she said she would call me when she got off for her lunch break. Well, I didnt get a call but when she came to pick up her kid she said she was sorry and that she didnt have her cell phone on her or otherwise she would have called me. I said that was fine and that if she wanted to try for lunch again some other day give me a call and let me know. I also offered to taker her out to dinner and a movie this Friday. That was last night and I wont see her again for sure till she comes to pick her kid up this evening. So what does the hive mind think, is this going well?

[edit] And no I dont have a picture of her so I cant post one. If I get one I might post it.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 3:18:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Is she really worth pursuing enough?

Just don't turn into a stalker!
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 3:18:30 PM EDT
[#2]
No. I didn't have my phone on isn't acceptable for "Why didn't you pick up" and even less acceptable for, "I didn't call you"

She won't even turn her phone on to call you. Forget about it.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 3:18:39 PM EDT
[#3]
The ball is in her court, just give it time.  Pushing it will only give her the creepy desperate crazy day care guy vibe
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 3:19:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Show some class. Don't post her picture on the Internet, dude.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 3:21:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Do post it here though !
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 3:23:07 PM EDT
[#6]
she blew you off already and she's a single mom.

dont waste any more of your time on this one.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 3:54:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
she blew you off already and she's a single mom.

dont waste any more of your time on this one.

Bingo!
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:03:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Women on military bases, or even near military bases call the shots. Ugly fat women can find someone to do everything they ask for. If she's beautiful and has two kids chances are she's trying to get a price break. She's also propably seen more dick than a urologist. Play it cool, and don't expect much.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:07:07 PM EDT
[#9]
This may be a silly question.

Is she married?
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:12:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This may be a silly question.

Is she married?

Cuts to the chase!

Cat
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:13:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Why do work as a babysitter?

Quoted:
The ball is in her court, just give it time.  Pushing it will only give her the creepy desperate crazy day care guy vibe

She is already creeped-out that you're a babysitter.

Talking to her again will only make her go home and scrub her skin off with sandpaper in the shower.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:19:47 PM EDT
[#12]
She wants nothing to do with you but isn't grown-up enough to actually tell you that.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:23:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Just do a first date - don't rush it and let it develop –– or not.

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:29:41 PM EDT
[#14]
If it were you that was supposed to call and make it happen, would you have dropped the ball, and given bad excuses?

No.

She's not that into you. Just be friendly to her, civil, and forget about it. If there's something there, she'll MAKE it happen when she sees your suddenly off the table. If she doesn't, there wasn't anything there anyway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top