Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/18/2008 8:50:38 PM EDT
Went into my local gun store today, walked into a slightly heated "conversation" about what will now happen. I think we all know a new gun ban is comming. What I was hearing was a little upsetting. Salesman was telling buyers not to bother buying any
AR15's. That the "New" AWB will most likely force all owners of AW's to either turn in or destroy any AW they own. It's really got lengthly and heated but I must admit it got me thinking. I'll cut this short.
  What do you think?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 8:11:30 PM EDT
[#1]
No.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 8:14:28 PM EDT
[#2]
That is an idiot salesman. One of the many that work in gun stores.

Like the one who told me that all .223 ammunition was going overseas for battle, even the hornady varmint 55gr.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 8:16:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Who the fuck is this idiot to tell everyone that as if it were fact?  Thats what I hate about going into gun stores. Theres always "that guy" who thinks he knows his shit and tells it as fact, when in reality, the fact that they are gun store employees doesnt mean shit when it comes to firearm/political knowledge.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 8:16:53 PM EDT
[#4]
A.) Not really the right place for this
B.) Nobody knows what's going to happen
C.) In light of last summer's Heller decision, and the surge of AR buying in the last couple of weeks, the new administration may not be willing to risk political capital on such a move right now, especially since support for such amongst those who voted for Obama is not particularly strong and
D.) Nobody really knows what's coming - since the election I've talked to people who anticipate business as usual and others who are prepping for The Big Zombie Hoedown.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 8:21:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Anything is possible with this fuckstick.  Look at who he's putting in his cabinet/appointing to positions.  Fuck the third Bush term, this is the third Clinton administration.  I doubt there will be a confiscatory ban, but who knows.

These people want to recreate the world in their own image.  Anything is possible.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 8:31:14 PM EDT
[#6]

As Chuck once said...

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 8:32:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
C.) In light of last summer's Heller decision, and the surge of AR buying in the last couple of weeks, the new administration may not be willing to risk political capital on such a move right now, especially since support for such amongst those who voted for Obama is not particularly strong and
D.) Nobody really knows what's coming - since the election I've talked to people who anticipate business as usual and others who are prepping for The Big Zombie Hoedown.

Dibs on "The Big Zombie Hoedown" for a band name...
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 8:36:05 PM EDT
[#8]
liberals and their actions are not governed by logic, reason, or cost.  we should all expect that the radicals lining up for this administration will do what they can to further their agendas.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 8:41:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I wonder in the last 2 weeks if anyone has counted the number of threads that started with, "I walked into my local gun store and the guy working there said . . ."

I feel like talking to kids who come how and say, bobby said this dad, is it true?  

jesus christ already people.  I mean seriously.  If you don't believe what you heard at your local gun store, then don't start up a new thread in the wrong forum asking if it's true.  If you do believe it is true, start digging a bomb shelter or something and stop starting stupid threads.  Before you click post.  Take a deep breath, reread, and then breath again.  If you still feel like hitting post, wait a day, and repeat.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 8:45:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Salesman was telling buyers not to bother buying any
AR15's. That the "New" AWB will most likely force all owners of AW's to either turn in or destroy any AW they own.

Let me guess.  Said fuckstick either doesn't deal in AR's, or was sold out of them....right?

Typical car salesman tactics.  

I hope someone was a smartass toward him.  Because it's pricks like that, uneducated prics, that need to be told every now and again.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 8:48:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
...AWB will most likely force all owners of AW's to either turn in or destroy any AW they own.

Burned 'em all up with the trash, sir.

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 8:51:14 PM EDT
[#12]
I would fire that 'sales'man on the spot.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 8:56:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Bullets first!
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 8:59:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 8:59:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I wonder in the last 2 weeks if anyone has counted the number of threads that started with, "I walked into my local gun store and the guy working there said . . ."

I feel like talking to kids who come how and say, bobby said this dad, is it true?  

jesus christ already people.  I mean seriously.  If you don't believe what you heard at your local gun store, then don't start up a new thread in the wrong forum asking if it's true.  If you do believe it is true, start digging a bomb shelter or something and stop starting stupid threads.  Before you click post.  Take a deep breath, reread, and then breath again.  If you still feel like hitting post, wait a day, and repeat.

I'd rather have a hundred question a day posted by new members and concerned gun owners that want to know more about protecting their right than have everyone bury their heads in the sand and wish the bad politicians away.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 9:00:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
...AWB will most likely force all owners of AW's to either turn in or destroy any AW they own.

Burned 'em all up with the trash, sir.

+1
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 9:02:42 PM EDT
[#17]
I bought it with money I worked to earn.

If he wants them he can either make an offer to buy them or try to take them by force.

Good luck either way.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 9:04:50 PM EDT
[#18]
I'd frequent another gunstore...
One word for that kind of guy: TWAT.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 9:12:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I bought it with money I worked to earn.

If he wants them he can either make an offer to buy them or try to take them by force.

Good luck either way.

Truth. I tell people that not only would any seizure of my firearms mean a loss of my guns but also a loss of the money I paid for them and the time it took me to earn that money which results in the theft of a portion of my life I will never regain.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 9:16:02 PM EDT
[#20]
I wouldn't believe anything I heard at a gun shop. No one knows what's going to happen.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a confiscatory ban.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 9:17:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd rather have a hundred question a day posted by new members and concerned gun owners that want to know more about protecting their right than have everyone bury their heads in the sand and wish the bad politicians away.

Most (not all) of those posting are mainly posting about buying shit up before a ban,
instead of having their head on straight and talking about what needs to be done to
keep a ban from happening.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 9:23:54 PM EDT
[#22]
I would have said, "Huh...well, I'll give you $100 for each EBR you've got in stock." and see how that went.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 9:26:02 PM EDT
[#23]
"make" is such a strong word...
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 9:28:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
liberals and their actions are not governed by logic, reason, or cost.  we should all expect that the radicals lining up for this administration will do what they can to further their agendas.

Wrong. They are governed by THEIR OWN logic.

IMO, the gun ban will come about in this fashion: Obama will fail in one or more of his promised 'changes.' He'll take the heat off himself by throwing our gun rights into the political arena. Those who didn't vote for Obama's plan will 'redeem' themselves by voting for it.

Remember, folks, WE are the 'lunatic fringe' who can be discarded at will. How many putative gun owners decided that the 2A was less important than "hope and change," and voted for Obama, after all?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 9:31:59 PM EDT
[#25]
They'd have to come in take mine.

And no, no boating accident.

I still have them fuckers.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 9:33:19 PM EDT
[#26]

Didn't he also say he didn't think people ought to be able to own AK-47s?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 9:35:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 9:38:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are SO in the minority on this one... Interjecting FACTS??? whats wrong with you?

Ive been saying that for weeks. Doesnt do any good. Save your breath for the "I told you so" thread.

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 9:39:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 9:43:41 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Bullets first!
+1

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 9:50:57 PM EDT
[#31]
That gun salesman is a fucken idiot. Obviously no one knows whats going to happen and most likely there will be a ban of some sorts. But to tell people not to buy AR's. Idiot.

Tell us the name of the shop so we can call up there and get some deals on some AR's that aren't selling.

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:04:53 AM EDT
[#32]
As Marlon Brando's 'Col. Kurtz' said in 'Apocolypse Now', '...it's judgement that defeats us.'

And here,  noone can judge or predict the actions of some diabolical, lying, Kenyan born trash; the same smiling demon that advised fellow Muslim and warlord Odingo of Kenya on how how to wage war on the peaceful Christian tribes and make it appear as though it was a defensive action.
In other words, the rational, civilized mind cannot predict what some third world
turd who relates to and is more aligned with machete welding Muslim savages than 'bitter (American) rednecks clinging to his guns and religion (Christianity)'.

The 'Vince with Sham wow' gun salesman doesn't know shit and neither do I, you,
nor anyone else right now what this Obama is going to try. But you know his tactics - just be prepared.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:06:40 AM EDT
[#33]
"Make us" - no.

"Try to make us" - maybe
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:43:45 AM EDT
[#34]
"What's an AR, Officer?"

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 2:02:36 AM EDT
[#35]
The guy works in a gun store, with guns, all day long.  He must know everything that there is to know about the subject so you people just stfu about gun related topics and listen to the experts.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 2:21:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Ain't going to happen.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 2:26:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

This is what I tend to think.  Liberals believe they have an absolute mandate to rule the country with an iron fist.  And they are corrupted absolutely.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 2:34:06 AM EDT
[#38]
That gunshop was out of ar-15s.  The salesman was trying to sell the single shot break open shotguns left on the shelf.

Obama does have a track record on voting for house to house confiscation in Illinois.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 2:34:45 AM EDT
[#39]
AR's AK's 1919a4? No sir, I sold them all at a gun show FTF to BillyBob Blowme.

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 2:41:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Went into my local gun store today, walked into a slightly heated "conversation" about what will now happen. I think we all know a new gun ban is comming. What I was hearing was a little upsetting. Salesman was telling buyers not to bother buying any
AR15's. That the "New" AWB will most likely force all owners of AW's to either turn in or destroy any AW they own. It's really got lengthly and heated but I must admit it got me thinking. I'll cut this short.
  What do you think?

Sounds like he's a vehement supporter of firearm owner's rights.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:44:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Anything is possible with this fuckstick.  Look at who he's putting in his cabinet/appointing to positions.  Fuck the third Bush term, this is the third Clinton administration.  I doubt there will be a confiscatory ban, but who knows.

These people want to recreate the world in their own image.  Anything is possible.

that sounds about right.  anybody who really believes that Obama will abide by the constitution and existing laws is a fool.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:45:32 PM EDT
[#42]
"Make" me?

I'll "make" in his fucking mouth before he makes me hand over so much as a fucking pellet gun.

I'll be sure to eat chili first, too.

With beans.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:51:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Confiscation will never happen.

Much easier to fuck us out of Ammo and Mags.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:51:51 PM EDT
[#44]
FROM MY COLD, DEAD HANDS!
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:52:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
"Make" me?

I'll "make" in his fucking mouth before he makes me hand over so much as a fucking pellet gun.

I'll be sure to eat chili first, too.

With beans.

godammed right!  

I ain't handing over shit!
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:52:36 PM EDT
[#46]
What are these "AR's" you speak of? I don't own anything of the sort.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:53:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Well I guess I do not have to worry about them taking mine after that boating accident.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:56:49 PM EDT
[#48]
I would have fallen down laughing.

They're going to pass a law trying to tell me that I have to hand my ARs over to them?

Why do you think I bought them?

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:57:08 PM EDT
[#49]
No, they will make me turn in my Ar-15 after i have "turned in" all my bullets, or am dead!

Note i did not say Turn in my ammo just my bullets.

Because anyone who would do something so blatantly against my freedom deserves to have the bullets first, right in the area between the bottom of their helmet and the top of their vest.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:57:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

amen. A steady diet of this makes oprah.com look inviting.

all that's lacking is yet another "tragic boating yah,yah yah" scratch that.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top