Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:00:39 PM EDT
[#1]
he can come get mine in person if he wants.

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:09:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Likely not IMO.
It is much easier to restrict/tax parts and ammo, or tax/hinder/eliminate new purchases.

It will accomplish the same goal given time, with much less of an uproar about "stripping of rights"....

Lets keep in mind a ban will not actually accomplish anything in regards to preventing crime.

They know this.

They just want everyone to feel good about what they have done.......

Confiscation could get ugly quickly, and they know this as well.

You never know, however.....
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:10:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Salesman was telling buyers not to bother buying any
AR15's. That the "New" AWB will most likely force all owners of AW's to either turn in or destroy any AW they own.

Let me guess.  Said fuckstick either doesn't deal in AR's, or was sold out of them....right?

Typical car salesman tactics.  

I hope someone was a smartass toward him.  Because it's pricks like that, uneducated prics, that need to be told every now and again.

On the other hand, over here we have a FINE Henry lever action on sale........

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:10:48 PM EDT
[#4]
There will be an incident that will cause 1/2 of the people to demand that weapons be confiscated.  He will not be happy with just your ARs. He will want everything....

He will do it because the six o:clock news will have story after story about people insisting that all guns be made illegal.  "The View" will do continuous shows on it.  He can only do what the people want him to do.  Save the children...save America.

He will not care if you surrender everything or not because the penalties for being caught with one will be so extreme that you will keep them in hiding and even be afraid to use one for your own protection if necessary...

You will then get reimbursed with the new money.

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:12:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bought it with money I worked to earn.

If he wants them he can either make an offer to buy them or try to take them by force.

Good luck either way.

Truth. I tell people that not only would any seizure of my firearms mean a loss of my guns but also a loss of the money I paid for them and the time it took me to earn that money which results in the theft of a portion of my life I will never regain.

I'm glad someone else understands this.

They steal enough as it is. Coming for my property, which I have a God given right to possess, is intolerable.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:14:11 PM EDT
[#6]
No mister blue jacket no Assault weapons here. All I have is this Mosin and some ruger 10/22
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:19:05 PM EDT
[#7]
To be honest, I had a boating accident and lost all my rifles.

But, If I still had the weapon, I would NOT register them, and I would NOT give them up.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:26:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Who is gonna come take them ??  The police don't want to die. I doubt the military would follow orders to disarm their own families.
If the libtards do try it, the streets will run with their blood. The ones who are behind it will be found out and gunned down like dogs by the citizens of this country. It would be literal suicide.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:28:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Rights aren’t taken away, only given up.

I am sure they will try something, but remember frogs boil slowly. Obama wont be the one grabbing the gun’s. He’ll get the UN to do it form him through some International Arms Ban.

In the end, most of you will hand in your guns and go on getting your paycheck and morning latte.

The question is, who will stand up?

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:30:17 PM EDT
[#10]
I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees. The people of this country just need to stand together against this assault on freedom. If they start arresting people who own guns, the ones who have not been arrested yet storm the police station by the thousands and set the political prisoners free. Repeat as neccesary until they get the message. If they start killing people - kill more of them than they do of you - just like any other war. Make them pay. if they start kicking in doors and taking people away. Do the same thing to them. They have have doors too. never give up, never give in. It would make the Warsaw ghetto look like Disneyland. Any politician who supported this treason would be targeted, anyone who tries to enforce this treasonous act against US citizens it would be stopped by any means necessary.......this is the only real hope for change we can count on, otherwise just get in line and submit to getting the chip implant.

Of course, I personally don't own any guns. They all were lost in a tragic boating accident just after the election.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:36:17 PM EDT
[#11]
He can try... doesn't mean he'll succeed.  Making us surrender infers that we have to comply.  I don't think I'm in the mood to comply with such an edict...

Mike
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:41:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Make" me?

I'll "make" in his fucking mouth before he makes me hand over so much as a fucking pellet gun.

I'll be sure to eat chili first, too.

With beans.

godammed right!  

I ain't handing over shit!

Technically...
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:44:37 PM EDT
[#13]
So, does that store still have some EBR's left?  
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:45:50 PM EDT
[#14]
And who are these AR owners ?
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:56:23 PM EDT
[#15]
I was in a gun store tonight that was so sold out of EBR's, that they had employees guns on display, just so they would have something to show potential customers. They have been sold out of AR receivers for a week, and have pre-sold(and have been pre-paid for) their next two anticipated shipments, which, like everybody else, they don't know when they will get them.

Now, while I was there, I overheard a conversation that went along the lines of..

"There are already UN troops here in America, training in a practice village in preparation of a full scale national gun confiscation, and the expected violence that will go with it."

I did not get involved in said conversation.

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 8:29:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Jesus on a pogo stick. Where are all of these Sold Out shops?

My local connections have Q3131A for $330 per 1,000. All you can buy at that price so long as you buy at least 2K per order. 10K or so in stock at any given time.

Plenty of factory assembled ARs for sale, too. All at pre-Election pricing.

Stripped lowers have gotten a little hard to get ahold of but I still got my paws on a few RRA lowers the other day for $140 each.

PMags have gotten tight, too. That doesn't concern me, though. I probably have two hundred of the things, not to mention all of my USGIs.

I need to take out a loan, make my local guys an offer to buy them out of everything, sell on the Net at pre-Election pricing and still make a killing.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 8:41:37 PM EDT
[#17]
I wonder how many of you would shoot a cop or someone in the military if they came for your guns. My bet is that none of you would. Especially the ones with a family.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 8:43:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Not unless he wants people to die.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 8:43:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bought it with money I worked to earn.

If he wants them he can either make an offer to buy them or try to take them by force.

Good luck either way.

Truth. I tell people that not only would any seizure of my firearms mean a loss of my guns but also a loss of the money I paid for them and the time it took me to earn that money which results in the theft of a portion of my life I will never regain.

Don't worry, they will give you money or a TAX CREDIT for them
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 8:46:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 8:56:36 PM EDT
[#21]
"You wanna confiscate my C-A-R? It's right there next to my T-R-U-C-K."
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:29:55 AM EDT
[#22]

I am not saying that a gun ban cant or wont happen but all this panic buying and
crying about "prying it from my cold dead hands" shit is not going to help one bit. If,
and that is a stretch... If they did do door to door a confiscatory ban then it would be
such a logistical nightmare that it would never be accomplished. The human resources
alone would be more than we could put towards it. (assuming people on here are not
all talk about their convictions )

If it came down to just another assault weapons ban then it is something that we let
happen. There is no Bildiburgs, or UN troops on our soil ready for gun confiscation. No
fancy conspiracy that controls all of the government. If it happens then WE are to
blame. Do something about it now and stop running around like it is the end of the
world buying up all of then guns and making the prices climb. Pay your NRA dues and
vote when and where it counts. Write letters, make phone calls, and prevent this subject
from coming up at all. This is OUR country, they are OUR representatives, and anyone
who does not think they can stop something like this or that they cant make a
difference, they are the ones who will allow bills like this to float through our system
and pass into law. Be responsible and care about your government instead of letting it
take care of you.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:32:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:45:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I wonder how many of you would shoot a cop or someone in the military if they came for your guns. My bet is that none of you would. Especially the ones with a family.

You know...

The word "none" is pretty strong. I submit that your statement is just as out-of-touch with reality as someone who thought that ALL would have the moxy to revolt.

Have you not read the posts here in GD? There are more than a few here who's fantasies involve going-out in a hail of bullets. And many of them do not have families.

Also, I do not sell my fellow Arfcommers so short as to think that all would surrender their very last freedoms like sheep.

At any rate. Many of you are discounting a confiscation based upon the conditions of TODAY. Should we enter a depression and things become more desperate (terror attacks on our soil again, massive joblessness/homelessness, etc) then all the "rules" that you think that the people and its government naturally live by may be thrown-out. This country has had it much too good for too long. We've forgotten how to be self-sufficient. We're spoiled and lazy. And when things get tough, we throw a temper tantrum. NOLA should have ended any and all doubt that we are a catastrophe away from lawlessness and mob rule. Just take that localized event and spread it all across the nation and try to imagine the FUBAR chaotic things that could be happening on local and national levels. Honestly, some of you people put too much faith in the system to ALWAYS continue chugging along no matter what. Confiscation was attempted and carried-out in NOLA. Don't be so sure it won't be tried during the Great Depression II.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:57:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Theft is theft.  If you feel you have the right to shoot a thug who comes to your house to rape your wife and steal your stuff, you feel you have the right to defend yourself.  Stealing and threatening me harm is the same, regardless of who does it.  I don't care if you're a cop, a soldier, the President, or my father.  Coming to take something from me which you have no claim to is inexcusable.  If they come and I have enough warning, shots will be fired.  I'd shoot at cops and soldiers who came to steal from me and I'd do it with a smile on my face.  Stealing from the people you're supposed to serve oficially puts you into the worthless category and there's no purpose for you to exist, especially if you decide to try to mess with this bitter white man who clings to guns because he has no family, no children, and no spouse.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:12:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Theft is theft.  If you feel you have the right to shoot a thug who comes to your house to rape your wife and steal your stuff, you feel you have the right to defend yourself.  Stealing and threatening me harm is the same, regardless of who does it.  I don't care if you're a cop, a soldier, the President, or my father.  Coming to take something from me which you have no claim to is inexcusable.  If they come and I have enough warning, shots will be fired.  I'd shoot at cops and soldiers who came to steal from me and I'd do it with a smile on my face.  Stealing from the people you're supposed to serve oficially puts you into the worthless category and there's no purpose for you to exist, especially if you decide to try to mess with this bitter white man who clings to guns because he has no family, no children, and no spouse.

While I am in complete agreeance on this, you know that the media and the
government would just paint it as they would like it to be told to the public.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:19:56 AM EDT
[#27]
I can not see an outright confiscation.  I can see the beginning of a path to licensing of certain weapons.  The path is already there - go play with your can and see if you need to show your papers.  Even a $20/firearm/year would be very annoying.  That would be hundreds to thousands of dollars annual tax to most of this board.

––––
<f_o>It's common sense for the government to know who owns every firearm in America.  That way we can trace throw downs after a crime back to their owners - who better have documentation the firearm was stolen out of a decent safe - or they should be charged with the same crime as the shooter.  Its just common sense./<f_o>
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:24:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:33:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
People who have beliefs (or fantasies) about cops or military coming to their house to confiscate firearms are delusional.  Not going to happen.

If the government wants to effectively disarm the population, it will be via a CA-type ban, and will take a generation or two.

I agree with this most of all.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:41:31 AM EDT
[#30]
All of you "can't happen here" types better remove your heads from your collective asses and take a good, hard look at the California AWB. That's where the next US AWB will START. Saying "it'll never happen" or "the Supremes will take care of it" is whistling in the dark. Obama is loading his cabinet with Clintonista goons and the DOJ under Holder will have the power of the Patriot Act behind it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:44:48 AM EDT
[#31]
They can come for my AR and I will give it to them barrel end first.  We cannot allow the 2nd Amendment rights to be trampled on.  Back in the day the Minutemen were called PATRIOTS but today we'd be called TERRORIST.  So be it.

PS - I don't believe most people are "talking big" out of fear of the military police, per say.  But more out of frustration that we have to fight back the liberal pieces of shit and defend our gun rights every day we awake.  Can't the libs just die by now?
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:54:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I would fire that 'sales'man on the spot.

No kidding. What a moron.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:55:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:00:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Regardless if what Obama does, it is easier to get your hands on a weapon you already own.  Even if the Democrats can't order a "Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in" style ban they could make them much harder and more expensive to buy in the future.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:03:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Stripped lowers have gotten a little hard to get ahold of but I still got my paws on a few RRA lowers the other day for $140 each.

Interesting.  The "blacklist thread" guy buying stripped lowers at post election pricing?

You made a good decision.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:05:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Hope I never have to find out.  I am counting on the fact that I won't have to be the first.

Nevertheless I have to prepare for every eventuality.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:21:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Went into my local gun store today, walked into a slightly heated "conversation" about what will now happen. I think we all know a new gun ban is comming. What I was hearing was a little upsetting. Salesman was telling buyers not to bother buying any
AR15's. That the "New" AWB will most likely force all owners of AW's to either turn in or destroy any AW they own. It's really got lengthly and heated but I must admit it got me thinking. I'll cut this short.
  What do you think?

I believe at some point in a eight year Obama administration a turn in or mandatory registration will be required. Failure to comply punishable by jail/prison time. At the very least a frame work i.e. legislation passed and signed into law will lead to a future mandatory turn in. Unless the Dems and liberal Republicans just totally lay down on this issue  then they hold the cards and will impose their will.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:29:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Can't take what I don't have........might have a small problem getting the 14's though.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:41:56 AM EDT
[#39]
No.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:42:15 AM EDT
[#40]
yep, in fact its already begun. the rally point is my house, all afrcommers are to form an orderly line and leave all implements contrary to Party Ideals on my porch for summery use destruction.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:54:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Confiscation will never happen.

Much easier to fuck us out of Ammo and Mags.

Another one who gets it. This is exactly what they will do.

Come on, nobody's dumb enough to try an overt confiscation. It will start with the requirement to have a FOID card to own these rifles (or possibly for all firearms). And then, just like in Shitcago, minor document violations or lapses in your status will immediately lead to confiscation.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:59:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Don't know how he's going to enforce mass confiscation of firearms.  Not enough agents to do it to begin with.  Oh wait.  He wants a civilian security force as strong as the military.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 9:08:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting.  The "blacklist thread" guy buying stripped lowers at post election pricing?

[>:/] Not sure what you mean, Torf. RRA lowers have always gone for a little more than the other brands, for some reason. They're proud of their rollmark, I suppose.

$140 out the door for a RRA lower is better than most were getting pre-election.

Figure a best case buy of $120 off the Net, plus shipping and FFL transfer fee and you're easily over $140. I was simply replacing some receivers that were used up in recent builds: I like to have several stripped lowers lying around at any given time.

Anyhow, $140 is quite reasonable in my area for a stripped RRA. I'd have to buy one off of the Net for less than $100 to have my "out the door" price at or below $140.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 9:16:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I agree.  Most people, when no-shit confronted with a life-ending choice like that, will choose to live-all in the hope that government won't victimize them some way later on.  "Hope" is all they'll have at that point.

But folks, it's not going to happen that way.  Too dramatic.  Too bloody.  Too embarassing for our politicians.

Instead, the 2nd will suffer a death "by a thousand cuts".  Liberals are patient in their quest to destroy our American culture and way of life.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 9:19:20 AM EDT
[#45]
I don't think they would risk more Waco scenarios with a confiscation skeem.
But then again we never thought we would see the feds bust in and put an SMG in a little kid's face,but those fine folks are back at the stick.

10,000 interweb dollers to all who said "we don't know"
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 9:20:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Will Obama Make Us Surrender Our AR's????      NO
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 9:22:04 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

[>:/] Not sure what you mean, Torf. RRA lowers have always gone for a little more than the other brands, for some reason. They're proud of their rollmark, I suppose.

$140 out the door for a RRA lower is better than most were getting pre-election.

Figure a best case buy of $120 off the Net, plus shipping and FFL transfer fee and you're easily over $140. I was simply replacing some receivers that were used up in recent builds: I like to have several stripped lowers lying around at any given time.

Anyhow, $140 is quite reasonable in my area for a stripped RRA. I'd have to buy one off of the Net for less than $100 to have my "out the door" price at or below $140.

I think RRA makes a very good receiver, as tolerances are held tighter than other brands.  I've had a couple of RRAs, and the fit and finish is very good-a much tighter fit between the upper and lower than other brands.  Thus, I can understand the higher retail price.  The only thing they don't do right is offer an upper with the feed ramps cut before anodizing-maybe they do now.  But it's just so satisfying to hold an AR that is as tight as a drum with no play between the upper and lower (unlike the many Colt M16A1s A2s, A4s and M4s I've held and fired).  I know it doesn't make any difference if they do rattle, but still....
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 9:22:59 AM EDT
[#48]
I bet he had no AR 15's in the store hence the idiotic conversation.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 9:26:36 AM EDT
[#49]
What an original thread.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top