Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2008 6:41:04 PM EDT
If it's YOUR job, you bust your ass and earn every penny, you should make more because you single handedly save the company every day. If it's someone else's job they are lazy assholes that need to make less money and any 3rd worlder can and should have the job instead.

Tell me I'm wrong................

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 6:44:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
If it's YOUR job, you bust your ass and earn every penny, you should make more because you single handedly save the company every day. If it's someone else's job they are lazy assholes that need to make less money and any 3rd worlder can and should have the job instead.

10/10
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 6:44:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Shit, that's not just arfcommers, that is everybody.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 6:52:14 PM EDT
[#3]
That's pretty good.

But wrong.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 6:54:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, if you aren't saving the company money, the company should fire you. Why do you think they hired you? For the sole purpose of giving YOU a job?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 7:00:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 7:08:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well, if you aren't saving the company money, the company should fire you. Why do you think they hired you? For the sole purpose of giving YOU a job?

The company didn't hire me to SAVE them money, they hired me to MAKE them money.

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 7:13:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

don't try to punch arfcom in its collective e-peeni.  They always get all butthurt.  Try using logic and reason on them.... that pisses them off even more.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 7:16:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I see you are in Michigan. Does this have something to do with the overwhelming majority of people here not supporting the bail out of the US automakers?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 7:19:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I see you are in Michigan. Does this have something to do with the overwhelming majority of people here not supporting the bail out of the US automakers?

Uh, I'm not in the UAW and don't like the idea of a bailout either but then again, I didn't want a few trillion wasted on the banking/derivative/mortgage industry either. Of course some of the same people who were fine with that are against the auto bailout, I can't see how they can justify that personally.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 7:22:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

unfortunately 66 million of our retarded fellow citizens don't think so
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 7:30:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The company didn't hire me to SAVE them money, they hired me to MAKE them money.

Making them more money than some other guy saves them money in the long run.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 7:37:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh, I'm not in the UAW and don't like the idea of a bailout either but then again, I didn't want a few trillion wasted on the banking/derivative/mortgage industry either. Of course some of the same people who were fine with that are against the auto bailout, I can't see how they can justify that personally.

Did I say you were in the UAW? And I guess you missed the part where most people here didn't support bailing out Wall St. either.

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 3:26:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did I say you were in the UAW? And I guess you missed the part where most people here didn't support bailing out Wall St. either.

More then a few people here that supported the bank bailouts but don't support the automaker bailouts.

What I do find interesting tho is the fact that as soon as someone loses their job, they immediately have to let everyone here know their employment woes, yet they are as happy as heck that some other guy might lose his. It's why I mostly quit posting in the unemployed threads, it's almost like we want to be the first in the race to the bottom of the pay and work pool.

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 3:31:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

+1

I was actually thinking about this in philosophical terms while loading packages onto a truck today..
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 3:33:03 PM EDT
[#15]
That summarizes what a lot of people here think.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 3:36:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats because it is a UAW bailout not a AUTO INDUSTRY bailout
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 3:36:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 3:39:34 PM EDT
[#18]
The one thing I have learned at arfcom, besides AR and AK shit is how to waste my fucking day on a computer and get nothing done.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 3:41:42 PM EDT
[#19]
I have learned XD'S are better than Glocks!
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 3:46:03 PM EDT
[#20]
If it's my job and I bust my ass and earn every penny and feel I should make more, I man up, go see my boss myself with a list of accomplishments and how much I've saved and benefited the company and ask for appropriate compensation. If I don't like their answer, I go find another job for better pay, as it's easier to jump ship to gain $15k than beg for $5k.  Merit, personal performance based, and I developed marketable skills that make it so that not any 3rd worlder can fill my shoes.

I don't care what others make working in this scenario.

However, I doubt this scenario is what you're talking about.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 3:52:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats because it is a UAW bailout not a AUTO INDUSTRY bailout

That's what I said!  But I got shot down....

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 3:56:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The one thing I have learned at arfcom, besides AR and AK shit is how to waste my fucking day on a computer and get nothing done.

plus 1 (damn message length requirement!)
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 3:59:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

don't try to punch arfcom in its collective e-peeni.  They always get all butthurt.  Try using logic and reason on them.... that pisses them off even more.

Why are you here?  If you dont like ARFCOM why pay to be here?
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:05:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then quit waisting time posting on the internet and GET BACK TO WORK!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:10:56 PM EDT
[#25]
This is called the "Fundamental attribution error" and is often the root of most conflicts.

In attribution theory, the fundamental attribution error (also known as correspondence bias or overattribution effect) is the tendency for people to over-emphasize dispositional, or personality-based, explanations for behaviors observed in others while under-emphasizing situational explanations. In other words, people have an unjustified tendency to assume that a person's actions depend on what "kind" of person that person is rather than on the social and environmental forces influencing the person. Overattribution is less likely, perhaps even inverted, when people explain their own behavior; this discrepancy is called the actor-observer bias.

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:22:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

This has something to do with something else, doesn't it?

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:24:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
This is called the "Fundamental attribution error" and is often the root of most conflicts.

In attribution theory, the fundamental attribution error (also known as correspondence bias or overattribution effect) is the tendency for people to over-emphasize dispositional, or personality-based, explanations for behaviors observed in others while under-emphasizing situational explanations. In other words, people have an unjustified tendency to assume that a person's actions depend on what "kind" of person that person is rather than on the social and environmental forces influencing the person. Overattribution is less likely, perhaps even inverted, when people explain their own behavior; this discrepancy is called the actor-observer bias.

What's the line from Idiocracy?
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:27:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's the line from Idiocracy?

I don't think its on Idiocracy. I did a bit of writing on it for one of my Psyc courses. I took the definition from wikipedia.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:39:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Why are you here?  If you dont like ARFCOM why pay to be here?

because sometimes people need their e-peeni punched.

It's not that I don't like arfcom, it's that I don't like a certain segment of the membership here, specificially the cowardly defeatists who can only post "woe is me" bullshit with no constructive purpose, and expect everyone to mope around with them.  It's often this same segment who posts the kind of hypocritical bullshit the OP was talking about.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:54:30 PM EDT
[#30]
If you can become proficient at your job before your first lunch break you don't deserve over 10 bucks an hour.  Sorry... someone else can do it cheaper.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:55:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This has something to do with something else, doesn't it?

Nah, just sort of sick and tired of some people here that seem to revel in bad things happening to other Americans and their blather about how it's good that job after job goes overseas. I think we're about to see the fruitation of that talk in the next year or two as the economy stagnates and businesses from all sectors really begin to cut jobs in earnest.

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:58:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You can't say that, its not political correct. Our Hitler president elect is sending the black suits to your home.... RUN.

10/10
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:59:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Also... you should take advantage of your fellow man when he has fallen on bad luck or hard times, because this is not considered price-gouging or ripping-off. It is simply supply-and-demand. Also, it allows for the people who REALLY need it to buy it instead of those who just merely need it.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:00:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Sounds like somebody wants a UAW bailout.

Waaaaaaaambulance en route.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:09:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Sounds like somebody wants a UAW bailout.

Waaaaaaaambulance en route.

Nope, there needs to be a lot of change at the Big Three from top to bottom.

I found it quite funny that some money grubbing dick [CEO] from Citi Bank was against it tho when HIS business area has been mooching from every politician for the past year or so and when Amex [I believe] reincorperated as a "Bank" to get their hooks into bailout money when they really we're nothing more then a CC institution.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top