Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/18/2008 11:22:11 AM EDT
Anyone know anything about him, other than he served as a deputy AG under Clinton?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:26:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Rabid anti-gunner who was all wrapped up in the Elian Gonzalez JBT fiasco.  He was Reno's left-hand thug when it came to anything gun related.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:28:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Rabid anti-gunner who was all wrapped up in the Elian Gonzalez JBT fiasco.  He was Reno's left-hand thug when it came to anything gun related.

That's just wonderful...
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:30:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Wow.  With all the former Clinton people he's dealing with, where does the change part come in?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:30:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This.  

Eric Holder Jr. is a co-chair of the Obama campaign. Under Janet Reno, he served as deputy attorney general.

In D.C. v. Heller, Holder joined the Reno-led amicus brief, which urged the Supreme Court to uphold the handgun ban and claimed that the Department of Justice from Franklin Roosevelt through Bill Clinton had always believed that the Second Amendment does not protect any rights of individuals to own guns for personal use.

After the D.C. Circuit ruled against the handgun ban, Holder complained that the decision “opens the door to more people having more access to guns and putting guns on the streets.”

Source: http://www.davekopel.com/2A/Mags/when-obama-wrestles-with-heller.htm

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:31:01 AM EDT
[#5]
He was a leader in the Marc Rich pardon.case closed-no good at all.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:31:23 AM EDT
[#6]
We ain't even seen REAL panic buying yet.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:31:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

so, what you're really trying to tell us is...

we're fuct.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:31:44 AM EDT
[#8]
I knew him when he was a judge at D.C. Superior Court.  He was a decent guy; very law-and-order.  He is an anti-gun liberal, but who did you think Obama was going to appoint, Ed Meese?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:35:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Wow.  With all the former Clinton people he's dealing with, where does the change part come in?

THERE IS NO CHANGE.  OBAMA IS GEORGE MCGOVERN WITH A TAN.

No one is listening to me ...
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:35:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

we're fuct.

Well, uhh, errrrr - YES...

Lock & load boys, the next 4 years are going to be quite a ride.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:37:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Shit.  Off to buy some fire extinguishers...
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:38:38 AM EDT
[#12]
That's just great.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:39:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I knew him when he was a judge at D.C. Superior Court.  He was a decent guy

Hey, even Hitler could throw a decent dinner party.

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:41:15 AM EDT
[#14]
LOL. They might as well be called the Clinton Administration. So much for a "team of rivals". Obama isn't fit to lick Lincoln's asshole.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:41:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Shit.  Off to buy some fire extinguishers...

Damn, I thought the exact same thing.
Maybe a sprinkler system.

Way to go Barry, you commy twat, way to use Klintons old cronnies for your Hope and "Change".

fuck this shit.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:41:49 AM EDT
[#16]
He hates guns period;the answer to BHO and him is to pack the SCOTUS and overturn everything the Constitution means to us.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:43:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
LOL. They might as well be called the Clinton Administration. So much for a "team of rivals" This guy isn't fit to lick Lincoln's asshole.

Now could you tell if he did?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:45:45 AM EDT
[#19]
He is the worst pick possible for gun owners....

This mother fucker was beside Janet Reno when Waco went down IIRC...

I do know is is very ANTI gun!!!

Here comes the NIGHT....they are not playing!
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:47:04 AM EDT
[#20]
It's obvious who Hussein considers the 'enemy' to be from his cabinet choices. Hint: it isn't Al Qaeda, Hamas, Islamic Jihad, North Korea, or Iran.

BLOAT while you still can, Kristallnacht USA 2009 is coming soon.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:48:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

THERE IS NO CHANGE.  OBAMA IS GEORGE MCGOVERN WITH A TAN.

No one is listening to me ...

Yes we are.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:51:23 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm convinced that part of the deal for Hillary to drop out of the race, was to hire all their old cronies (and her as SoS).
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 12:18:56 PM EDT
[#23]
If he has to be confirmed by the Senate, it might be time to send a letter telling your Senator how to keep being gainfully employed.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 12:22:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

we're fuct.

If you didn't already know this then you are WAAAAY behind the times man.

Any Clinton Justice Department Appointee is going to be a foaming at the mouth anti-gunner.

Pro-2nd Amendment people are going to be completely shut out of government for at LEAST two years.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 12:23:09 PM EDT
[#25]
First question 59 and now this!
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 12:25:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

we're fuct.

Any Clinton Justice Department Appointee is going to be a foaming at the mouth anti-gunner.

Pro-2nd Amendment people are going to be completely shut out of government for at LEAST two years.

Nah, you can't be serious. Obama support "COMMON SENSE" gun laws.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 12:27:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Well, it's true then.  Obama isn't coming for our guns.  He's going to have his "people" do it for him.  

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 12:30:22 PM EDT
[#28]
"Unintended Consequences".

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 12:30:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Well, it's true then.  Obama isn't coming for our guns.  He's going to have his "people" do it for him.  

If the Libs had it their way, which they won't. The ONLY thing legal would be a musket or a breech loaded, small caliber rifle.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 12:30:45 PM EDT
[#30]
In before DLoken tells us Obama doesn't have the votes to push through an anti-gun agenda.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 12:31:25 PM EDT
[#31]
As an aside, I cannot understand how any person that is at one time or another a descendent of slaves can be in favor of gun control.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 12:31:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Exactly!"I will not take your rifle,I will not take your shotgun" His SCOTUS and DOJ will.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 12:33:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Color me stupid, where does an AG figure in on the Legislative Process
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 12:33:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
As an aside, I cannot understand how any person that is at one time or another a descendent of slaves can be in favor of gun control.

Blacks sold blacks into slavery.Hell of a dichotomy.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 12:35:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Well for one, the DOJ said they were really only gonna press hard against criminals such as drug dealers with automatic weapons. But of course, they are also going after people who have not committed a single crime, except for having a malfunctioning rifle that is slamfiring.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 12:36:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The "Change" thing was obviously bullshit. We knew that Bush was a party loyalist and he hired nothing but Reagan and Bush I people. Obama is doing the same thing from the other side. He's just another party loyalist putting Clintonoids with their Hemorrhoids into positions of power. This really isn't much of a surprise. We expected Clinton and Edwards to get appointments. At this point I would be surprised if Kerry and Al Gore got jobs too. In fact, I'd be surprised if Obama DIDN'T try and tap Al Gore for head of the EPA.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 12:36:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  

Eric Holder Jr. is a co-chair of the Obama campaign. Under Janet Reno, he served as deputy attorney general.

In D.C. v. Heller, Holder joined the Reno-led amicus brief, which urged the Supreme Court to uphold the handgun ban and claimed that the Department of Justice from Franklin Roosevelt through Bill Clinton had always believed that the Second Amendment does not protect any rights of individuals to own guns for personal use.

After the D.C. Circuit ruled against the handgun ban, Holder complained that the decision “opens the door to more people having more access to guns and putting guns on the streets.”

Source: http://www.davekopel.com/2A/Mags/when-obama-wrestles-with-heller.htm

It seems to me that most of the really bad stuff about our country can be traced back to FDR.  Well, maybe Hoover.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 12:37:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

we're fuct.

Nah, you can't be serious. Obama support "COMMON SENSE" gun laws.

Obama Common Sense Gun Control - People don't need guns, it's common sense.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 12:39:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Dear Leader is going to screw America so bad, we'll never get our rights back.

Seriously, this sucks so hard it's unbelievable.  They've got majorities in both houses of Congress, nothing to stop them, nothing at all.

I need a good cry.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 12:42:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

He can do plenty of damage without even bringing Congress or new laws into the picture. All he has to do is instruct his new Attorney General, who believes the individual has no 2A rights, to declare that no firearm is suitable for sporting purposes.

Under the existing 1968 gun control act, NO FIREARM MAY BE IMPORTED, and every shotgun larger than a .410 would instantly become a NFA Destructive Device. No more Glocks, no more HKs, no more Walthers, no more Steyrs, no more Berettas (sorry joe biden), no more Benellis, no more SIGs, no more CZs, NO MORE IMPORTS of any kind. And I hope you got $200 for the tax you owe on each of your destructive devices.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 12:42:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 12:42:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 12:43:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 12:45:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 12:55:12 PM EDT
[#45]
But, but, but Obama respects my 2nd Amendment, he told me so.  
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 12:56:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

The danger of an anti-gun AG is he can push for more anti-gun interpretations of law by the ATF, as well as push "enforcement" (read: bullying) of gun laws.

Cav Arms isn't going to be an anomaly.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 12:58:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not Bush. There. That's your change.

+1,000,000.

That's ALL the Obamabots care about.  I know.  I had a less-than-friendly chat with an Obamabot on facebook after the election.  It's all "anyone but Booooosh."
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 12:59:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The danger of an anti-gun AG is he can push for more anti-gun interpretations of law by the ATF, as well as push "enforcement" (read: bullying) of gun laws.

Not to mention he is from DC and was a ardent support of the handgun ban. Now, imagine an asshole like that being in charge of the DOJ.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 1:03:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not to mention he is from DC and was a ardent support of the handgun ban. Now, imagine an asshole like that being in charge of the DOJ.

Gents, the only thing we can do is pray for the continued health of Justices Scalia, Kennedy, Thomas, Roberts, and Alito.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 1:06:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Gents, the only thing we can do is pray for the continued health of Justices Scalia, Kennedy, Thomas, Roberts, and Alito.

How about all nine? A liberal SCOTUS justice, if you gotta have one, in their 70s or 80s is far preferable to one in their 40s or 50s.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top