Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 1:06:31 PM EDT
[#1]
All of you folks who complained that John Ashcroft wasn't a very good AG. Now, better take a 2nd look. Better hold on to your hat, because the gunners are going to in for a rough ride in the next few years.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 1:12:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
All of you folks who complained that John Ashcroft wasn't a very good AG. Now, better take a 2nd look. Better hold on to your hat, because the gunners are going to in for a rough ride in the next few years.

I liked Ashcroft.  Pity that Bush, with his typical judgement, thought that Al Gonzales was a better pick.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 1:13:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
All of you folks who complained that John Ashcroft wasn't a very good AG. Now, better take a 2nd look. Better hold on to your hat, because the gunners are going to have rough ride in the next few years.

Elections have consequences.

Fuck Obama
Fuck Holder
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 1:18:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Great....here is my surprised face the obongo offers another top spot to an asshat who hates all freedoms and rights that dont coincide with his...
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 1:18:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow.  With all the former Clinton people he's dealing with, where does the change part come in?

THERE IS NO CHANGE.  OBAMA IS GEORGE MCGOVERN WITH A TAN.

No one is listening to me ...

+1
"change" was a lie, obama is the same old democrat politics
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 1:18:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow.  With all the former Clinton people he's dealing with, where does the change part come in?

THERE IS NO CHANGE.  OBAMA IS GEORGE MCGOVERN WITH A TAN.

No one is listening to me ...

More like Jimmy Carter on steriods.

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 1:18:21 PM EDT
[#7]
At least he's not that evil Bush, right guy? Right?

Good thing many here voted third party.........
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 1:20:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
As an aside, I cannot understand how any person that is at one time or another a descendent of slaves can be in favor of gun control.

He is decended from an African Muslim, not an American slave.

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 1:20:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Extreme Anti gunner!! "B.O.H.I.C.B.G.F.G."

Bend Over Here It Comes Banning Guns For Good.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 1:22:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Apparently Holder screwed up when issuing a pardon back when Clinton was leaving office so he may not even get approved.  Not holding my breath though.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 1:24:15 PM EDT
[#11]
he is a gun banning asshole.  another violator of the Constitution.

I already told my wife and son that if they ban guns, I am fighting to the finish.

I told them I would take it away from the house so they would not get hurt.

my son wants to man the AK.  he is 14.  

I will fight for the Constitution I have sworn to defend.

If the enemies come, they will have a fight.

This from someone who has dodged two cancers and combat in Iraq.

Molon Labe.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 1:24:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Anyone know anything about him, other than he served as a deputy AG under Clinton?

This is really starting to look like it's just going to be the third term of the Clintons.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 1:26:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Extreme Anti gunner!! "B.O.H.I.C.B.G.F.G."

Bend Over Here It Comes Banning Guns For Good.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 1:28:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Fuck him.  Fuck Obama.  And fuck their skank-whore mothers who didn't know when to fucking swallow.  

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 1:28:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone know anything about him, other than he served as a deputy AG under Clinton?

This is really starting to look like it's just going to be the third term of the Clintons.

I'd take a couple Clinton terms over an Obama term.  The economy did all right and I don't recall Clinton's preacher talking about hating the white devils as much as Obama's.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 1:32:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Color me stupid, where does an AG figure in on the Legislative Process

Here is a quote from HR 1022 that the House Dems tried in 2007 to replace the Assault Weapons Ban:

"... semiautomatic rifle or shotgun originally designed for military or law enforcement use, or a firearm based on the design of such a firearm, that is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, as determined by the Attorney General. In making the determination, there shall be a rebuttable presumption that a firearm procured for use by the United States military or any Federal law enforcement agency is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, and a firearm shall not be determined to be particularly suitable for sporting purposes solely because the firearm is suitable for use in a sporting event."

From everything I hear, Holder would take the broadest possible interpretation of not suitable for sporting purposes.

Bet the Dems have more support this time around, might even have a filibuster proof majority in the Senate...
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 1:32:29 PM EDT
[#17]
tag
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 1:34:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
"Unintended Consequences".

Here is hoping those days never arrive......
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 1:36:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
As an aside, I cannot understand how any person that is at one time or another a descendent of slaves can be in favor of gun control.

Uh, you do realize Obama's father was Kenyan, so he's not a descendant of any American black slave.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 1:39:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd take a couple Clinton terms over an Obama term.  The economy did all right and I don't recall Clinton's preacher talking about hating the white devils as much as Obama's.

Clinton was and is a radical.  The MSM painted him as a "Democrat governing from the center", but he would have gone much further to the left if he had been allowed to-he's a '60s radical after all.  At the DNC last summer, he called conservatives "dangerous extremists".  BHO is no different, he's just not hiding it like Boy Wonder did (with the help of the MSM).

With BHO, you can see exactly what you're getting-it's right out in the open.    

Either way, we're fff....well, you know what I mean.

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 1:41:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If he has to be confirmed by the Senate, it might be time to send a letter telling your Senator how to keep being gainfully employed.

THIS

HE STILL HAS TO BE CONFIRMED BY THE SENATE

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 1:42:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Never heard of him, but I'm sure he hates guns.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 1:43:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh, you do realize Obama's father was Kenyan, so he's not a descendant of any American black slave.

It doesn't matter one way or another.  I've never seen a black slave in my 42 years.  Way too much is made of *past* slavery in this country and I get sick of hearing about it.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 1:43:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

He will overturn the Bush Admin position (PUT IN BY THEN AG ASHCROFT) that the SA is an individual right

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 1:45:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He will overturn the Bush Admin position (PUT IN BY THEN AG ASHCROFT) that the SA is an individual right

AG Ashcroft was the first to articulate the position (for any administration) that it was indeed an *individual* right.  Up until then, not so much.  Don't you remember the buzz about it when he did so?

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 1:47:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The AG is the person that determines what guns are for "sporting purposes" and which ones are not.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 1:47:28 PM EDT
[#27]
I sure do.

But Obama will throw it in the trash
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 1:47:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The AG is the person that determines what guns are for "sporting purposes" and which ones are not.

In collaboration with the president
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 1:50:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
LOL. They might as well be called the Clinton Administration. So much for a "team of rivals". Obama isn't fit to lick Lincoln's asshole.

Sorry, but that gives me a really bad mental image.  Where's the pic of the bunny (?) cheese-gratering his head off when you need it?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 1:51:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

actually someone in his fathers family could have been at some point in history. You know those crazy Africans had no problems selling off their prisoners as slaves to one another or Europeans. i'm just sayin'
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 1:53:19 PM EDT
[#31]
In D.C. v. Heller, Holder joined the Reno-led amicus brief, which urged the Supreme Court to uphold the handgun ban and claimed that the Department of Justice from Franklin Roosevelt through Bill Clinton had always believed that the Second Amendment does not protect any rights of individuals to own guns for personal use.

Fuck that noise.

5-4 bitches!
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 1:53:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Destructive Device:...
(B) any type of weapon (other than a shotgun or a shotgun shell which the Attorney General finds is generally recognized as particularly suitable for sporting purposes)

http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/uscode18/usc_sec_18_00000921––––000-.html

So I guess Saiga 12s will be added to the DD list relatively soon?

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 1:54:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In collaboration with the president

Oh I'm sure the Prez could have some say if he wanted to, but the way the laws are written, it's mainly the sole discretion of the AG.

Thats why it was so freaking important to get rid of the SP clause before GW got out of office, which never has or will happened. Something I think most all of us and the NRA/GOA etc. dropped the ball on.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 1:59:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Rabid anti-gunner who was all wrapped up in the Elian Gonzalez JBT fiasco.  He was Reno's left-hand thug when it came to anything gun related.

Great.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 1:59:44 PM EDT
[#35]
You do understand that the Pres can direct the AG to rexamine the 'sporting purposes'?

Clinton did that in 1998 and got a bunch of semi auto guns banned from import
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 2:01:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Holder, and everyone Obama is selecting, is not good news
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 2:04:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rabid anti-gunner who was all wrapped up in the Elian Gonzalez JBT fiasco.  He was Reno's left-hand thug when it came to anything gun related.

Great.

I hope all the Cubans down here who celebrated Obama's victory are aware of this.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 2:06:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yep, you Christian haters are getting what you wanted?  Right?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 2:15:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
"Unintended Consequences".

Might be getting time to feed the hogs...
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 2:22:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here is a quote from HR 1022 that the House Dems tried in 2007 to replace the Assault Weapons Ban:

"... semiautomatic rifle or shotgun originally designed for military or law enforcement use, or a firearm based on the design of such a firearm, that is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, as determined by the Attorney General. In making the determination, there shall be a rebuttable presumption that a firearm procured for use by the United States military or any Federal law enforcement agency is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, and a firearm shall not be determined to be particularly suitable for sporting purposes solely because the firearm is suitable for use in a sporting event."

From everything I hear, Holder would take the broadest possible interpretation of not suitable for sporting purposes.

Bet the Dems have more support this time around, might even have a filibuster proof majority in the Senate...

Sounds like we're truly fucked.

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 2:26:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Has the panic buying of pvc pipe and end caps started yet?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 2:31:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
You do understand that the Pres can direct the AG to rexamine the 'sporting purposes'?

Clinton did that in 1998 and got a bunch of semi auto guns banned from import

Shhhh.  

According to ARFCOM, the POTUS doesn't have the power to do such things.

Remember the thumbhole stocks?

Remember that for a short while the SKS-M (AK mag capable) still came in with the thumbhole, and then not.

Oh yeah, something wicked this way comes.

Face it:  You've got a full on redistributionist headed for the White House.   The kind of reallocation of wealth and the means  of production they've got in mind can only work if the population is disarmed.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 2:32:18 PM EDT
[#43]
1998- the year thumbhole import guns became the 'debbil'
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 2:33:14 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Shit.  Off to buy some fire extinguishers  more guns, mags and ammo...

Fixed for ya.

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 2:34:48 PM EDT
[#45]
I also heard on the way home tonight that he was part of  the pardons for two terrorist members of the Weather Underground:

Susan Rosenburg

and

Linda Evans

http://hotlineblog.nationaljournal.com/archives/2008/04/an_almost_oppo.html

WHAT CLINTON DIDN’T MENTION – President Clinton Pardoned Members of the Weather Underground

SUSAN ROSENBERG

Clinton Gave A “Controversial” Pardon To Susan Rosenberg, A Member Of The Weather Underground Who Was Implicated In The Deaths Of Two Police Officers And A Security Guard. The New York Times wrote that “A former terrorist who was caught with 740 pounds of dynamite and weapons in New Jersey, the fugitive ex-husband of a Manhattan socialite who is a close friend of former President Clinton, and four men who stole tens of millions of dollars from the federal government by creating a phony school for Jewish students were among about a dozen people from the New York area who were pardoned or had their prison sentences commuted” on Clinton’s last day in office. […] The most controversial local case involves Susan L. Rosenberg, a former member of the Weather Underground who had been denied parole in a New Jersey explosives and weapons case because of charges brought against her in the 1981 armed robbery of a Brink's armored car. That heist left two police officers and a security guard dead.” [New York Times, 1/21/01]

Ø Rosenberg, A Terrorist Pardoned By Clinton, Was Indicted For Her Role In The 1983 Bomb Attack On The U.S. Capitol. Describing the Weather Underground, The National Review wrote, “In 1983 came their attack on the U.S. Capitol. Their bombs killed no one, but caused considerable damage and spooked the nation. A statement sent to a radio station read: ‘We purposely aimed our attack at the institutions of imperialist rule rather than at individual members of the ruling class. We did not choose to kill any of them this time. But their lives are not sacred.’ Rosenberg, Linda Sue Evans, and five of their cohorts were indicted for the Capitol bombing. Their numerous other targets included the Naval War College, an Israeli-owned company, and a patrolmen's benevolent association.” [National Review, 3/19/01]

Ø Pardoned Terrorist Was Member Of Weather Underground; Apprehended With An Uzi, Cop-Killer Bullets, And Hundreds Of Pounds Of Explosives. The Courier-Post (Cherry Hill, NJ) wrote, “Police uncovered 730 pounds of explosives. They found an Uzi, .357-caliber Magnum,M-14 rifle, as well as two semi-automatic pistols and Teflon-coated bullets. Police found bogus Social Security numbers and 50 fake New Jersey State Police and FBI identification cards. They found a library of books on guerrilla warfare. […] Rosenberg and Blunk were taken to the Cherry Hill police station, which was ringed by officers armed with automatic rifles and shotguns. They were charged with transporting explosives across state lines and possessing 14 firearms. The pair was believed part of a ring planning to bomb government buildings and was arraigned at the federal courthouse in Camden. Rosenberg was a major catch for Cherry Hill police. She was president of the May 19 communist organization, an offshoot of the radical Weather Underground of the '70s. […] Rosenberg was a fugitive, wanted in a failed $1.6 million ambush-robbery of a Brinks armored car at a suburban New York mall in 1981.” [Courier-Post (Cherry Hill, NJ), 1/24/01]

Susan Rosenberg Denied Involvement In The Brink’s Robbery, Refused To Apologize For Her Role In The Terrorist Organization, And Said That Her Violent Actions Were Part Of An Era. The New York Daily News said, “In her only interview after her release, with WBAI radio on Jan. 23, she said she was not involved in the Brink's robbery. ‘We were really out of time and out of place on every level. ... The use of violence by individuals ... is not a position that I support or would ever want to be in again,’ Rosenberg said. ‘It was an extreme time. ... I was totally and profoundly influenced by the revolutionary movement in the '60s and '70s.’ Both Brown and O'Grady dismissed those revisionist sentiments.” [New York Daily News, 2/18/01]

Ø Giuliani And Schumer Condemned Clinton’s Pardon Of Weather Underground Member. “An unusual combination of New York political and law enforcement leaders have condemned former President Bill Clinton’s pardon of Susan L. Rosenberg, a one-time member of the Weather Underground terrorist group who was charged in the notorious 1981 Brink's robbery in Rockland County that left a guard and two police officers dead. Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani, a Republican, and United States Senator Charles E. Schumer, a Democrat, were among those who criticized the pardon, as did Bernard B. Kerik, New York City's police commissioner, and David Trois, a Rockland County police union official. […] Mr. Giuliani, asked yesterday if he regretted not prosecuting Ms. Rosenberg on the Brink's charges, said he could not recall the details of the case. But even if she was not tried or convicted in the case, Ms. Rosenberg did not deserve to be freed, he said. "She was convicted of having in her possession 740 pounds of explosives, a submachine gun, weapons," the mayor said. "She admitted she had these weapons to give to someone to use in a bombing, and she had been involved in a significant number of robberies, bank robberies." Senator Schumer said that, even 20 years after the Rockland County robbery, the hardship continues for the families of the men killed, so Ms. Rosenberg should not have been pardoned. [New York Times, 1/22/01]

LINDA EVANS

Bill Clinton Commuted The Sentence Of Linda Sue Evans, Who Was Sentenced For Conspiracy And Malicious Destruction In Connection With Eight Bombings Between 1983 And 1985, Including One At The Capitol. Bill Clinton also commuted the sentence of Linda Sue Evans. In 1990, Evans was sentenced in United States District Court in Washington to five years in prison for conspiracy and malicious destruction in connection with eight bombings between 1983 and 1985, including one at the Capitol. Rosenberg and Blunk had been brought up on the same charges. At the time, Ms. Evans had already been sentenced to 40 years in prison for using false identification to buy firearms and harboring a fugitive. [San Francisco Chronicle, 1/21/01; NYT, 1/21/01]

Ø Linda Evans, One Of The Former Leaders Of the Weathermen, Was Convicted Of Acquiring Weapons, Fake IDs And Safe Houses, And Of Terrorist Actions. Linda Evans “was one of the leaders of a vanguard organization known as Weatherman and had come to the university with fellow militant Ted Gold to recruit others to the cause. … Linda Evans was arrested for transporting weapons and explosives in Detroit, and for crossing state lines to incite a riot. The charges were eventually thrown out on a technicality because the wiretaps that identified her had been unauthorized. … On May 11, 1985, she was arrested again, charged and then convicted of acquiring weapons, fake IDs and safe houses, and of terrorist actions. Her targets included the U.S. Capitol Building, the National War College, the Navy Yard Computer Center, the Navy Yard Officers Club, Israeli Aircraft Industries, the FBI and the New York Patrolman's Benevolent Association. In her possession were 740 pounds of dynamite. Evans was sentenced to 40 years in prison. … As the last hours of the Clinton era expired, Linda Evans was freed. It was 24 years shy of her full sentence.” [Salon, 9/4/01]

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 2:37:21 PM EDT
[#46]
All over the free world, the lights are going out...
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 2:38:06 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

he is a gun banning asshole.  another violator of the Constitution.

I already told my wife and son that if they ban guns, I am fighting to the finish.

I told them I would take it away from the house so they would not get hurt.

my son wants to man the AK.  he is 14.  

I will fight for the Constitution I have sworn to defend.

If the enemies come, they will have a fight.

This from someone who has dodged two cancers and combat in Iraq.

Molon Labe.
Where's the rally point?

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 2:40:16 PM EDT
[#48]
It gets even better:

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS25631+23-Jun-2008+PRN20080623

What's the Hold Up? Part V
Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:58pm EDT  Email | Print | Share| Reprints | Single Page | Recommend (0) [-] Text [+] When Will Obama Stop Ignoring The Controversial Record Of His Senior Adviser?

WASHINGTON, June 22 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ –– The following was issued
today by the Republican National Committee:

Obama's Senior Adviser And VP Vetter, Eric Holder, Served As Deputy
Attorney General When The Clinton Administration Pardoned Two Members Of The
Weather Underground:

The Clinton Administration Commuted The Sentence Of Two Members Of The
Weather Underground While Holder Was Deputy Attorney General. "While most of
the attention at the time was focused on the Rich pardon, and the
contributions Rich's ex-wife Denise made to the Clinton library and campaigns,
there was also extensive criticism of the commuted sentences of two convicted
members of the domestic terror group, the Weather Underground, Susan Rosenberg
and Linda Sue Evans." (Avni Patel and Brian Ross, "Obama's VP Screener Missed
Problems With Controversial Clinton Pardons," abcnews.go.com, 6/20/08)

Obama: "By Senator Clinton's own vetting standards, I don't think she'd
make it since President Clinton pardoned or commuted the sentences of two
members of the Weather Underground, which I think is a slightly more
significant act than me serving on a board with someone for actions that he
did 40 years ago." (Avni Patel and Brian Ross, "Obama's VP Screener Missed
Problems With Controversial Clinton Pardons," abcnews.go.com, 6/20/08)

Holder Has Been Involved In Numerous Controversial Actions, Including The Commutation Of The Sentences Of Two Members Of The Weather Underground And TheSeizure Of Elian Gonzalez:
   Then-Deputy Attorney General Eric Holder Was Involved In The Seizure Of
Elian Gonzalez And His Return To Cuba. "At issue ... legal advisor Eric
Holder, a member of Obama's vice-presidential search committee who was deputy
attorney general when the 6-year-old boy was seized by federal agents and
returned to Cuba." (Beth Reinhard, "Elian Saga Might Hound Obama Visit," The
Miami Herald, 6/19/08)

Holder Defended The Right Of The Federal Government To Seize Gonzalez
By Force. "The Justice Department yesterday warned the Miami relatives of
Elian Gonzalez that force could be used 'if it becomes necessary' to return
the boy to his father. 'We have that power,' said Deputy Attorney General Eric
Holder. 'The father and son need to be together. It is not only a matter of
federal law and immigration law, it is simply the right thing to do.' Holder
said U.S. marshals would be prepared to seize the boy only as a last resort,
and he described a series of escalated steps over the next few days to keep
pressure on Elian's Miami relatives to make a peaceful transfer of custody."
(Richard Sisk, "Gov't Says Force An Option Reunite Father, Son," [New York]
Daily News, 4/7/00)

Holder Also Defended The Use Of Guns In The Raid. "Mr. Holder said his
agents were heavily armed when they entered the house because they had
'intelligence that the possibility existed there were guns in the house. We
had to make sure our people were protected and they were in a position to
protect people within the house. I don't know if there were any guns in the
house. I don't know if they found any guns. We had to deal, however, with the
intelligence we had that we got from local sources and make sure everybody was
adequately protected.' Apparently no guns were found." (Jerry Seper and
Clarence Williams, "Holder Defends Sudden Raid For Elian," The Washington
Times, 4/24/00)

Holder Played A Major Role In The Decision To Grant Clemency To 16 Former
Members Of The Puerto Rican Terrorist Group The Armed Forces Of National
Liberation (FALN). "Holder, a Barbadian immigrant's son who grew up in Queens
and received his law degree from Columbia, has played major roles in the probe
of Democratic funny-money in the 1996 elections, the Sexgate scandal and the
recommendation to President Clinton on whether to free FALN terrorists from
jail. A list of FALN documents withheld from Congress shows that many memos on
the FALN clemency decision went directly to Holder, while Reno's role was
minimal." (Brian Blomquist, "Ailing Reno Yielding Reins Of Justice," New York
Post, 12/15/99)

Although The FBI Opposed Clemency, Holder Supported Clemency For The
FALN Members. "Although The New York Times reported that the FBI, Bureau of
Prisons and U.S. state attorneys opposed clemency, Deputy Attorney General
Eric Holder, the Justice Department official most involved with this issue,
reportedly supported clemency. 'Eric Holder told me he was recommending that,'
a high-ranking official said. Ruff also supported clemency, sources said.
Holder declined to comment." (Edward Lewine, "How Bill Chose Clemency," [New
York] Daily News, 9/5/99)

Holder Played A "Key Role" In The Pardoning Of Marc Rich. "Now Obama needs
to turn his attention to another member of that committee - Eric Holder, a
former No. 2 in the Clinton Justice Department who played a key role in
processing the infamous last-minute pardon of the notorious tax-cheat fugitive
Marc Rich." (Editorial, "Obama's Bus," New York Post, 6/12/08)

Holder Reviewed The Pardon Of "Fugitive Financier" Rich. "The criticism
Thursday centered on Obama adviser Eric H. Holder Jr., who is scrutinizing
candidates to be the Democratic presumptive presidential nominee's running
mate. As deputy attorney general under President Clinton, Mr. Holder reviewed
the last-minute pardon of fugitive financier Marc Rich." (Jim McElhatton, "GOP
Hits Another Obama Adviser," The Washington Times, 6/13/08)

Holder "Waved Through" Rich's Pardon In The Final Days Of The Clinton
Administration. "As Bill Clinton's deputy attorney general, he was the
gatekeeper for presidential pardons. Most famously, he waved through the
pardon for fugitive financier Marc Rich in the waning days of the Clinton
White House." (Jonathan Weisman, "Next On The GOP List: Eric Holder," The
Washington Post's "The Trail" Blog, blog.washingtonpost.com, 6/12/08)

"In 2002, A Congressional Committee Reported That Holder Was A 'Willing
Participant In The Plan To Keep The Justice Department From Knowing About And
Opposing' The Rich Pardon." (Dick Morris and Eileen McGann, Op-Ed, "Obama's VP
Search Mistake," New York Post, 6/5/08)

"Neither Clinton Nor Holder Ever Consulted With The Pardon Attorney."
(Dick Morris and Eileen McGann, Op-Ed, "Obama's VP Search Mistake," New York
Post, 6/5/08)

In 2002, Eric Holder Lobbied On Behalf Of Global Crossing After The
Company Had Accumulated Nearly $12 Million In Debt. "Smelling blood in the
water, Republicans now plan to pounce on another member of Obama's veep-
selection committee, former Deputy Attorney General Eric Holder, for his
lobbying on behalf of telecom giant Global Crossing. Holder lobbied for the
company, which underwent one of the largest bankruptcies in American history
after racking up nearly $12 million in debt, as it emerged from bankruptcy in
2002, Senate lobbying disclosure documents reveal." (Charles Hurt and Geoff
Earle, "O's Veep Hunter Quits," New York Post, 6/12/08)

Paid for by the Republican National Committee.
310 First Street SE, Washington, D.C. 20003 - (202) 863-8500 - www.gop.com
Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

SOURCE  Republican National Committee

Republican National Committee, +1-202-863-8614
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 2:46:43 PM EDT
[#49]
E. Holder?!?! Well crap......
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 2:49:55 PM EDT
[#50]
I just updated his Wikipedia page

All the Heller stuff is in there now
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top