Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/17/2008 3:08:16 AM EDT
I thougth Surrus was the one in trouble? Sirrus stations have replace my favorites and the music sucks....
The Bone Yard was replaced by some 80's "party rock" station....$$ is now some 80's girl station. I could go on.
At least they left "Willie's Place" alone.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 3:12:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I have XM and Sirius....Boneyard is now on Sirius, replacing Buzzsaw (which pissed me off)...but at least they kept the Patriot channel.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 3:14:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep, and Boneyard is featuring AC/DC all month, and "The Bridge" is now temporarily  Led Zeppelin radio

Quoted:
I have XM and Sirius....Boneyard is now on Sirius, replacing Buzzsaw (which pissed me off)...but at least they kept the Patriot channel.

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 3:15:21 AM EDT
[#3]
If things keep up you might be kissing sat. radio goodbye. Sirius lost 4.8 billion last quarter. New car sales drive their growth.... I doubt many cars will be sold the next six months.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 3:34:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Both would have failed, certainly, without a merger. Now they have a chance.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 3:35:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I like the new stations...I now listen to Classic rewind and Classic vinyl...pretty good programming.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 3:39:42 AM EDT
[#6]
I HATE it.  I bought Sirius over XM because of the better music stations, and now all of my favorites were replaced with the crappy XM channels.

I wrote Sirius last week, and informed them that when 2 of my 4 subs come up for yearly renewal on 12/27, I am most likely going to dump them.  F this, I guess I will start using my iPhone now.

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 3:41:08 AM EDT
[#7]
I didn't know the merger happened.  Is Fungus 53 still there?  It was an XM channel.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 3:44:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I thougth Surrus was the one in trouble? Sirrus stations have replace my favorites and the music sucks....
The Bone Yard was replaced by some 80's "party rock" station....$$ is now some 80's girl station. I could go on.

Hair Nation rules!
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 3:57:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 4:02:41 AM EDT
[#10]
I want the Patriot channel on my XM
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 4:13:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Lucy, Fred and Ethel gone... Replaced with stations that simply are not in the ballpark.

There was all of the a la carte talk but what good is that if you merge all of the stations? I was hoping to get those stations on my wife's Jeep's Sirrius (which was free for 12 months but has showed us that we do not like it as much as XM). Damned if I get it.

I will not be renewing.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 4:16:49 AM EDT
[#12]
NFL Radio still works on my SIRRIUS receiver. I'm good.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 4:25:32 AM EDT
[#13]
I am not happy about  my x country bring replaced with this outlaw country crap.

Dolly Parton doing stairway to heaven???

My ears are still bleeding.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 4:30:58 AM EDT
[#14]
202 the virus is still on, im good.  they replaced squizz with something else though.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 4:54:13 AM EDT
[#15]
I'd really like a revised list of what programs are on what channels now.

XM adult comedy channel (now Raw Dog or some shit like that) had this liberal hillbilly/NASCAR idiot on. I guess he has his own show? The comedy on XM was great, now is sucks ass.

I like the Classic Vinal....but now have no clue what's playing on what channel. Might have been a good idea to send all subscribers the new line up so we wouldn't have to play roulette with the friggin stations.

ETA: XM's only hard metal station SUCKED (it was exclusively that growling dumb ass death metal stuff), so I'm hoping it was replaced with something better.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 5:08:14 AM EDT
[#16]
no. i'm not happy with it either.  it feels like Sirrius castrated my beloved XM!  definetly reconsidering my renewal in a few months.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 5:37:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
no. i'm not happy with it either.  it feels like Sirrius castrated my beloved XM!  definetly reconsidering my renewal in a few months.

It is my understanding that both are losing subscribers rapidly. A lot of new ones are coming on board, but older ones are leaving. Who knows if the drop rate will exceed the sign ups.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 5:41:23 AM EDT
[#18]
[The comedy on XM was great, now is sucks ass.

I agree, terrible transitions, station ID after every comedian...it's almost painful to hear! XM radio jumped the shark when they started plaing all of the commercials...

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 5:42:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Maybe I am one of the few who really doesn't mind the change.  It is still 1000x better than the alternative.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 5:42:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Melvin is a greedy short sighted maroon.  The 'merger' deleted a lot of programing subscribers liked, and will cause a massive bump up in churn.

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 5:46:11 AM EDT
[#21]
I have XM and have been happy with it. I didn't really like the idea of the merger. Have to admit these companies would have been in a lot better financial shape if they didn't pay people like Howard Stern and Oprah $100 million for a stupid program on the radio. WTF? It just doesn't make financial sense anyway you slice it. The sat radio business is really hurting since new car sales (which have the radio from the factory) are way down.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 5:50:34 AM EDT
[#22]
I wish they would give me all the channels for the price I am already paying instead of trying to get more out of me. I would also like to see the online XM channels to be the same as the ones in my car.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 5:53:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Xm's version of a punk station got cancelled for a 24/7 ac/dc channel. I was pissed. I listened to sirius's version for 3 songs until Jay-Z came on. This is not what i subscribed for. The only other channel i listen to is AMerica right, and thats only for mark levin when i can't get him on am radio. I will likely cancel my 4 subscriptions.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:04:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:07:36 AM EDT
[#25]
The Bluegrass channel isn't what it used to be.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:15:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hair Nation rules!

It does not rule with the same authority as The Boneyard did... Not as much metal, and more "hairbands"... What I don't get is; it seems like XM got all the Serius stations, and they got all the XM stations... or did we all get both? I WANT THE BONEYARD BACK!
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:18:42 AM EDT
[#27]
yeah, I was torqued when I pressed pre-set 1 for Buzzsaw and it was now ac/dc 24/7...wtf?

at least the blues, vault and classics are still there!

and WTF? you have to pay extra for the "best of XM" now?  it should all be one flat fee for everything (it was when I first started)
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:19:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hair Nation rules!

It does not rule with the same authority as The Boneyard did... Not as much metal, and more "hairbands"... What I don't get is; it seems like XM got all the Serius stations, and they got all the XM stations... or did we all get both? I WANT THE BONEYARD BACK!

Hair music and hard rock are not always one in the same...
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:22:38 AM EDT
[#29]
NOT HAPPY.

We have XM, the stations we listened to, have changed, and the new format sucks.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:23:41 AM EDT
[#30]
I am really pissed about the changes too. This will be my last month with Sirius.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:24:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
202 the virus is still on, im good.  they replaced squizz with something else though.

That's what got me.. Squizz was my favorite XM station, now that's gone. Replaced with Octane I think, which isn't anywhere near as good.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:24:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Sirius came with my new Charger.
14, and 16 is usually where it is set.
What channel number is this Led Zeppelin on?
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:31:57 AM EDT
[#33]

I miss Squizz more than anything they've changed but I've found that channel 52 is "sort of" the same....

The only reason I have it is because there is no even halfway decent radio station in my area.

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:35:17 AM EDT
[#34]
I listen to XM about 55 hours a week at work and I'm not sure I'll renew my subscription when it comes due next time.

Squizz changed to Octane
Ethel Changed to Alt Nation
Lucy changed to Lithium
Fungus change to something else or it might be gone completely

At lest they didnt dick with Liquid Metal. Everything else I listen to got changed.

I read something where a guy called to bitch about Squizz getting changed and the person he talked to told him to try to 20 on 20.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:35:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I am not happy about  my x country bring replaced with this outlaw country crap.

+1

The only thing worse is what XM calls customer service. They waste your time on the phone and then screw up your account. I emailed them in April to request that they cancel my 3 receivers, and refund the balance of my account. This was because after many wasted hours on the phone with them, I'd had it and wasn't going to deal with the crappy CS anymore. The response to my email - they cant cancel my account by email, I have to call CS!

Coincidently, it took them until last night to shut off my account. Good thing after the dropped X-county, I won't miss XM!

Anyone interested in 3 receivers and 2 boom boxes?
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:37:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I miss Squizz more than anything they've changed but I've found that channel 52 is "sort of" the same....

The only reason I have it is because there is no even halfway decent radio station in my area.

I just switched to 52 to check it out and they were playing Snoop Dogg. Im out.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:38:27 AM EDT
[#37]
I see they did away with the life time membership Sirius had too.  IIRC it was $400.

Glad I got it when I did 3 years ago.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:42:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

+1

The only thing worse is what XM calls customer service. They waste your time on the phone and then screw up your account. I emailed them in April to request that they cancel my 3 receivers, and refund the balance of my account. This was because after many wasted hours on the phone with them, I'd had it and wasn't going to deal with the crappy CS anymore. The response to my email - they cant cancel my account by email, I have to call CS!

Coincidently, it took them until last night to shut off my account. Good thing after the dropped X-county, I won't miss XM!

Dealing with XM is like dealing with a big college, or a gov't agency.  As much fun as taking my old man to the VA.

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:42:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

I turned off an XM radio about a year ago.

I sold it to a neighbor.

It still works and no bill.

F'em
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:42:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Here are the changes for those who don't know.

http://www.xmradio.com/onxm/lineup.xmc

I have mixed feelings about the changes.  I like that I get new music to listen to, like Faction, but I miss some of my old stuff, like X Country.  I haven't listened enough yet to see how much the playlists differ.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:44:06 AM EDT
[#41]
i got 3 months free of xm with a new car

what is going on with all the commercials????!?!?!?!

i dont want to pay to listen to commercials

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:44:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'd really like a revised list of what programs are on what channels now.

XM adult comedy channel (now Raw Dog or some shit like that) had this liberal hillbilly/NASCAR idiot on. I guess he has his own show? The comedy on XM was great, now is sucks ass.

I really miss the XM comedy...that new raw dog channel sucks!!
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:47:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Xm's version of a punk station got cancelled for a 24/7 ac/dc channel. I was pissed. I listened to sirius's version for 3 songs until Jay-Z came on.
Faction wasn't our Punk station, we actually had a real punk channel, but it is gone now.  Seems we have been punked.

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:48:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what got me.. Squizz was my favorite XM station, now that's gone. Replaced with Octane I think, which isn't anywhere near as good.

What about Octane don't you like? I have XM - and listened to Squizz. I am more than happy with Octane.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:57:55 AM EDT
[#45]
I like the changes. I prefer First Wave over Fred. And it looks like some of the commercial music stations in the 20's are now gone.

I am going to give it a few months to learn all the new stations.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:58:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Their saving grace, for now.

I'm NOT happy about Squizz, though. Bodhi and Grant Random rocked.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 7:04:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What about Octane don't you like? I have XM - and listened to Squizz. I am more than happy with Octane.

In my opinion, the music lineup isn't near as good as squizz was. When I'm not listening to 202, I usually listen to Glenn Beck or Squizz. It was a great station. I find myself switching around channels a LOT with the "new" line up.

Octane's OK, but I don't like it as much, so far.

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 9:18:32 AM EDT
[#48]
It is only getting better, this was just on:

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 9:20:06 AM EDT
[#49]
Sirius had the better programming by far.

XM customers are the winners in the channel merge.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 9:29:58 AM EDT
[#50]
The wife is bummin' about Flight 26 getting changed/cut.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top