[#1]
Here is the latest XM lineup...

http://www.xmradio.com/pdf/channel_guide.pdf
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 9:41:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It is only getting better, this was just on:

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii294/disintegr8or2/octane.jpg

And Squizz used to play Weezer and Good Charlotte.... Nobody knows what "hard rock" is anymore.

As long as that stupid fucking "Country Boner" song doesn't come on...
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 9:44:18 AM EDT
[#3]
What I did like About XM was Ethel and Squizz where right next to each other on the playlist, so if either of them had a song I didn't like, I just quite easily changed the channel via the knob and that was that.  Now since the merger either Ethel is gone, but it is no longer one channel away from squizz, so now whenever I hear a song I don't like, I'll just suffer...but I'll get used to it.  Squizz or now Octane for me, is still a good station and now I just won't change it ever.  
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 9:46:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 9:49:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I just fired off an email to Sirius regarding rap on 26. There aren't enough rap channels on Sirius/XM? I need to hear that shit on 26 now? Fuck!
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 9:51:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What I did like About XM was Ethel and Squizz where right next to each other on the playlist, so if either of them had a song I didn't like, I just quite easily changed the channel via the knob and that was that.  Now since the merger either Ethel is gone, but it is no longer one channel away from squizz, so now whenever I hear a song I don't like, I'll just suffer...but I'll get used to it.  Squizz or now Octane for me, is still a good station and now I just won't change it ever.  

Yeah they now have "Alt Nation" on 47 - which sucks compared to Ethel...

I rarely ever change the station from Squizz/Octane anyway.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 9:51:43 AM EDT
[#7]
they sure do talk A HELL OF A LOT MORE on sirius, wasn't ready for that.

I was big on ethel, fred and lucy, and miss them.

but they kept OandA and gave me an all Grateful Dead and all Jam Bands channel.

so I'm actually VERY happy.

Would I GIVE up ethel for a dead channel? no.

would I trade ethel for an inferior ethel-like channel to get a dead channel? yes.

I would only cancel if they dropped OandA.

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 9:52:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Lucy, Fred and Ethel gone... Replaced with stations that simply are not in the ballpark.

Yeah thats the crappy part.. I lost a whole lot of good music off Fred and Lucy, the new 44 is just no where NEAR as good as the old Fred.

Im not happy about it.. it really screwed up a whole lot of my fav channels.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 9:58:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Lifetime Sirius subscriber here.

Not happy with what has happened to octane. Before the merger, Octane 20 WAS hard rock. Now? Well, not so much. They're getting a letter.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 9:58:33 AM EDT
[#10]
glad to see there are more ethel folk here.

that channel was hard to describe to friends who didn't have XM.

ethel IS my style of music.

period.

I have most albums they play and if I didn't then I bought it.

Did not know we have an all Sinatra channel now.

That kinda rocks too.

And yeah, WAY too much rap on xm.

given their main markets (truckers, premium talk folks, music enthusiasts and new car purchasers) I don't get it.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 10:02:31 AM EDT
[#11]
also, XM150 was a PROFESSIONAL, well run, TOP OF THE LINE comedy channel, with a home run playlist every day.

Not sure what it is now, is it the same channel rebadged? or a new one...
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 10:07:26 AM EDT
[#12]
So I have 2 sirius receivers and almost daily for 2 weeks now they have to update and it usually takes 2 min or longer, anyone else have this problem. It sucks and im sick of it always interrupting my shows and music, especially if it stops and has to restart.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 10:10:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Last week I said I didn't care as long as they didn't mess with
Squizz and Fred. So, what did they do, they fucked Squizz and Fred.
Fuckers.

I don't get it, Sirius was bought by XM. Why didn't XM crush them and
make them listen to XM shit ? Instead, I now have to listen to some
broad on "Octane" ?

I think XM users should get some kind of discount for the now shitty
service we are have.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 10:12:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
[The comedy on XM was great, now is sucks ass.

I agree, terrible transitions, station ID after every comedian...it's almost painful to hear! XM radio jumped the shark when they started plaing all of the commercials...

That has pissed me off for the longest time. I pay NOT to have commercials. You can call it what you want, but when you break from the programming to advertise anything, then your playing commercials. It might be your commercials, but it is what it is.

I think that XM/Sirius will go the way of MTV. They start off as music and only music, then slowley they end up like all the other sell outs.  

I really hate the "dj's" talking endlessly about nothing. PLAY FUCKING MUSIC, I don't pay to hear endless rambling.   As soon as they start talking, i change the station.

Patriot is the best of Sirius, and I listen to it almost exclusively.  
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 10:13:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I HATE it.  I bought Sirius over XM because of the better music stations, and now all of my favorites were replaced with the crappy XM channels.

I wrote Sirius last week, and informed them that when 2 of my 4 subs come up for yearly renewal on 12/27, I am most likely going to dump them.  F this, I guess I will start using my iPhone now.

Just make sure you read the whole thing about canceling. I had one I got for my sister for x mas, and before the year was up she didnt want it anymore, it was on my account so I called up to cancel. I told them when it expires to cancel it so I dont get charged automatically for another year. Well they cancelled it the day I called and I found out I was charged a $75 fee for not staying for the whole year. After a heated call to a very stupid person who would refuse to transfer me to there manager or higher up I had to call in again and it was fixed in minutes. And I love when they cancel you saying the bill is not payed, even though its automatic and on there website info your credit card info is correct but there computer has an older card still on there. Then they want to charge a $15 activation fee for there screw up, and they said something was mailed out but I ended up getting the letter 1 week after all this saying money was due   There customer service is FU#%ED up.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 10:14:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Not happy with what has happened to octane. Before the merger, Octane 20 WAS hard rock. Now? Well, not so much. They're getting a letter.

The original Sirius Octane was better! I remember being very jealous at the playlists that I heard when in my friends truck with Sirius.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 10:52:08 AM EDT
[#17]
I want that XM garbage off my Sirius. Where the fuck is Buzzsaw??. Replaced with some shitty XM channel with non stop AC/DC

I could just live with Lithium, Octane, Classic Rewind,The Bridge, Dead Channel and Stern. You could get rid of the rest of it for all I care.

Also, Sirius needs a Floyd 24/7 channel.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 10:53:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Most of my regular listening channelas are facing major suckage, now and there also appear to be quite a few technical problems with channel;s in the higher end of the system, with random dropouts and re-loads.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:07:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
also, XM150 was a PROFESSIONAL, well run, TOP OF THE LINE comedy channel, with a home run playlist every day.

Not sure what it is now, is it the same channel rebadged? or a new one...

It's raw dog. I listen to that a lot, I just got a new car that had 6 months of Sirius. I just want to know WTF if up with Commercials? It's pay radio, why the hell is there advertising?
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:12:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Fuckers.

broad on "Octane" ?

service we are have.

not to be an ass but xm was bought by sirius  link here

sirius still kicks ass i will never go back to fm radio

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:17:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Me too. I finally pulled the trigger on a lifetime subscription a year ago and look now. Does anyone think I could get my $500 back? The merger really pisses me off.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:17:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuckers.

broad on "Octane" ?

service we are have.

not to be an ass but xm was bought by sirius  link here

sirius still kicks ass i will never go back to fm radio

Damn, I thought it was the other way around. It now makes sense. ugh.

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:21:05 AM EDT
[#23]
I bought XM for my wife back when they first started up.  She has 3 favorite XM channels that she listens to regularly, but it looks like all 3 are being dropped.  When/if they do, we will drop the subscription.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:21:19 PM EDT
[#24]
I got SM for the jazz, and they soon eliminated one of the jazz station for more of the crap I could get on FM radio.

The first day the mew rock station aired it was the ever-overplayed ZZ Top.  So I went to another rock station...more ZZ Top playing at the same time.

Now the rock stations have DJs!

Pisses me off.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:23:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:25:10 PM EDT
[#26]
X country was a staple at my business. Classy, Artistic and lots of Red Dirt.

Now, I'm forced to listen to that God Aweful Mojo Nixon. Hillbilly whateverthehell his name is.

I have written XM everyday voicing my opinion.

I have been screwed in this deal.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:25:42 PM EDT
[#27]
BTLS is supposed to be leaving sat radio (second highest rated after Stern) at the end of the year.

Terrestial radio with the syndication is more $$$ these days, unless you are Stern.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:26:40 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm probably going to cancel my subscription to Sirius in December. I've been paying for two years and can't get reception at home.

A previous poster mentioned that the DJs do too much talking. I should not have to pay to listen to their shit.

My beloved Hard Attack is now "Liquid Metal." [
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:27:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I HATE it.  I bought Sirius over XM because of the better music stations, and now all of my favorites were replaced with the crappy XM channels.

I wrote Sirius last week, and informed them that when 2 of my 4 subs come up for yearly renewal on 12/27, I am most likely going to dump them.  F this, I guess I will start using my iPhone now.

Just make sure you read the whole thing about canceling. I had one I got for my sister for x mas, and before the year was up she didnt want it anymore, it was on my account so I called up to cancel. I told them when it expires to cancel it so I dont get charged automatically for another year. Well they cancelled it the day I called and I found out I was charged a $75 fee for not staying for the whole year. After a heated call to a very stupid person who would refuse to transfer me to there manager or higher up I had to call in again and it was fixed in minutes. And I love when they cancel you saying the bill is not payed, even though its automatic and on there website info your credit card info is correct but there computer has an older card still on there. Then they want to charge a $15 activation fee for there screw up, and they said something was mailed out but I ended up getting the letter 1 week after all this saying money was due   There customer service is FU#%ED up.
I won't cancel them, I pay for them by the year.  I removed my CC from my account and won't renew them when they come due.

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:28:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
BTLS is supposed to be leaving sat radio (second highest rated after Stern) at the end of the year.

Terrestial radio with the syndication is more $$$ these days, unless you are Stern.
I like Howard, but I think he did more harm than good with the 500 million deal.  Especially now that he has turned into "Hamptons Howie"

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:28:49 PM EDT
[#31]
There's no Strobe disco channel anymore.  
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:30:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Ethel is an abortion of her former self as Alt Nation.  Sounds like a bunch of whiny emo's in need of a serious beat down.  

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:34:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Sirius had the better programming by far.

XM customers are the winners in the channel merge.

+1

Since they have XMised the Sirius channels I'll be canceling my sub.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:40:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:44:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I want that XM garbage off my Sirius. Where the fuck is Buzzsaw??. Replaced with some shitty XM channel with non stop AC/DC

I could just live with Lithium, Octane, Classic Rewind,The Bridge, Dead Channel and Stern. You could get rid of the rest of it for all I care.

Also, Sirius needs a Floyd 24/7 channel.

Sirius has always rotated the channels that are dedicated to certain bands about every month or thereabouts, so the AC/DC channel will be gone before too long.  Also, they did have an all Pink Floyd channel a while back - along with the Rolling Stones, Beatles, Greatful Dead, Sinatra, Led Zepplin, and others.  
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:52:24 PM EDT
[#36]
now that they have merged....I want all the stations on both, not a mix and match of what they want.  what else am I paying for?
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:52:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sirius had the better programming by far.

XM customers are the winners in the channel merge.

+1

Since they have XMised the Sirius channels I'll be canceling my sub.

Actually they've Sirrusized the XM channels, so I guess it just now sucks for everybody.

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:54:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like Howard, but I think he did more harm than good with the 500 million deal.  Especially now that he has turned into "Hamptons Howie"

Most of that 500 mil came in the form of stock options I think. Not worth nearly that much now.

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:56:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
i got 3 months free of xm with a new car

what is going on with all the commercials????!?!?!?!

i dont want to pay to listen to commercials

Shit, I knew that would be the scam from the beginning.  My friend mentioned that eventually it would be just as bad as cable, and he's right.  Soon you'll have tons of commercials and pay more and more each month for them.  Enjoy.  
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 1:02:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Xm's version of a punk station got cancelled for a 24/7 ac/dc channel. I was pissed. I listened to sirius's version for 3 songs until Jay-Z came on.
Faction wasn't our Punk station, we actually had a real punk channel, but it is gone now.  Seems we have been punked.

Fungus 53 was the only channel on XM that I listened to and it appears to be gone now and there doesn't seem to be anything on the Sirius side either.  I'm glad I held of on buying back into the satellite radio until after the merger.  No punk station=why bother with satellite
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 2:33:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The Bluegrass channel isn't what it used to be.

That's for sure. Waaaaay too much modern country that they are calling "Bluegrass" because it has a banjo in it.   I would be happy with a channel that played nothing but Stanley Bros, Bill Monroe,Flatt and Scruggs, and the Carter Family. I haven't heard much of anything new that I would call true Bluegrass.
 I sure wouldn't mind a Rockabilly channel either-XMs Fifties channel 5 has a very good show at certain times, but I don't get to listen to it much. Willies Place is where my radio is usually set-can't get enough of Hank and Bob Wills. I am going to have to check out the Sinatra-XM 73 "High Standards" was a little too Broadway musical for me.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 2:47:44 PM EDT
[#42]
I got tired of Xm before the merger. I tried calling one week over 50+ times and never got someone located in the US who spoke english as a first language no matter how hard I tried calling every department.

I just got one of those deals that plugs my ipod into my radio factory wiring harness so I can control it from the radio/steering wheel and leave it in the glvoe compartment - no wires sticking out anywhere and can search etc... just download my playlist every day along with whatever podcast I want to listen to.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 2:54:01 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm going to give it a few more days and see if I can deal with this mess. If not, I'm canceling my subscription, and taking Mr. XM Receiver on a one-way trip to the shooting range.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 3:04:38 PM EDT
[#44]
I want my damn Fungus back. Little to no chance of that happening.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 3:08:53 PM EDT
[#45]
i've had XM for 5 years now and i couldn't be happier with the merger!

Sirius music channels are WAY better IMO than XM's....XM would play good artists, but always obsure songs by those artists, at least it seemed to me, Sirius music stations (particularly the rock stations) seem more like a real radio station, without the commercials.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 3:58:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I got tired of Xm before the merger. I tried calling one week over 50+ times and never got someone located in the US who spoke english as a first language no matter how hard I tried calling every department.

I just got one of those deals that plugs my ipod into my radio factory wiring harness so I can control it from the radio/steering wheel and leave it in the glvoe compartment - no wires sticking out anywhere and can search etc... just download my playlist every day along with whatever podcast I want to listen to.

Well dont call sirius, you either get guys with a thick new york area accent, the type that add the letter s to the end of every work, or katrina area flunkies answering the phone with horrible manners  tapping there long nails on the desk.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 4:59:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well dont call sirius, you either get guys with a thick new york area accent, the type that add the letter s to the end of every work, or katrina area flunkies answering the phone with horrible manners  tapping there long nails on the desk.

I got some interesting answers  each time I asked where they were located in the world when I called (as did my secretary who did some pre-screening for me).

1. Asia - like a continent is a good answer for where you are located. I guess Earth was just a tad too vague.
2. Somewhere in Asia...was another popular one.
3. Southeast Asia was the most popular answer.
4. "the" Caribbean.

My favorite was once I actually got someone located in the US (well that's debatable) in El Paso. He was the hardest to understand of all of them.

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 5:07:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
actually they just rolled out a sat video program for vehicles as well. it's

All I want to know is how to hack my Honda display and DVD-based sat navigation to play DVD Video...

Anybody know a source for hardware hacks for Hondas?

It doesn't?

My Lincoln MKS nav system will play DVDs...  only when the car is stationary of course.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 5:08:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Does anyone listen to the comedy channels?  I love Blue Collar and Raw Dog.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 5:24:26 PM EDT
[#50]
I miss Cross Country, Fred, Ethel, Lucy.
Deep Tracks doesn't seem quite the same either.
Overall the merger SUCKS BIG TIME.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top