Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2001 6:45:02 PM EDT
The gardner has been dumping lawn clippings into the trash can instead of the lawn and garden clippings can. I need to put a sign on the cans stating what they're for before the trash company fines me.

How do I say "trash only" or "gargage only" for the one can and "lawn and garden clippings" or something to that effect for the other?

Other than profanity in French, Greek, and Korean, among others, I'm monolingual. he he
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 6:48:55 PM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://babelfish.altavista.com[/url]
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 6:51:53 PM EDT
[#2]

How do I say "trash only" or "gargage only"
View Quote

solo para la basura

"lawn and garden clippings" or something to that effect for the other?
View Quote

solo las plantas (de marijuana)

Link Posted: 12/16/2001 6:52:00 PM EDT
[#3]
recortes del césped solamente= lawn clippings
only,
basura solamente = trash only.
mojado = wetback, if you'd like to throw that in.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 6:53:09 PM EDT
[#4]
You need one sign that says "[b]Grasso Hero[/b]" and another one that says "[b]Grasso Hero No![/b]".
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 6:54:21 PM EDT
[#5]
mattja,

"trash/garbage only" would be "solamente basura".  

"lawn and garden clippings" is a trickier one.  Probably "solamente jardineria" will do the trick .

He should be able to get the concept.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 6:58:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Just do what I do on the Bus:  

Say everything in English and use the approriate accent!
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 6:59:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Why don't you by the guy an English/Spanish dictionary for Christmas.  I'm sure he'd appreciate it.  Then again, he might urinate in your azalias.  Ho ho ho!
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 7:08:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You need one sign that says "[b]Grasso Hero[/b]" and another one that says "[b]Grasso Hero No![/b]".
View Quote

LMAO [:D]
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 7:12:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is that the TX Spanglish I've been hearing about? [;D]
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 7:12:29 PM EDT
[#10]
You need a sign that says "Gringos solamente."

If only I had a nickle for every honda I've seen that said "Powered by Mexican."

I want a bumper sticker that says "Powered by 4895."
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 7:14:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Is that the TX Spanglish I've been hearing about? [;D]
View Quote

Si
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 7:42:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 9:05:41 PM EDT
[#13]
How about...
?Le gusta la Cerveza? !Bueno, solamente Basura aqui, y solamente Vegetacion ayi!
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 9:11:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Simple. Your signs should read thus:

Trash - Pinche cabron bueno para nada cabesa de palo hijo de tu pinche puta madre!  Pones la basura en este bote, baboso!

Clippings - Chingado! Aqui pones lo que cortes de el secate. Malagradecido, pendejo, idiota, imbecil, cecos de mierda!  Intiendes?  Sopla me!

I know it's kind of long, but it's always best to be polite if at all possible.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 10:38:15 PM EDT
[#15]
I get the funny feeling if I use the translation a lot of you guys posted I'll insult the guy. he he
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 6:29:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Simple. Your signs should read thus:

Trash - Pinche cabron bueno para nada cabesa de palo hijo de tu pinche puta madre!  Pones la basura en este bote, baboso!

Clippings - Chingado! Aqui pones lo que cortes de el secate. Malagradecido, pendejo, idiota, imbecil, cecos de mierda!  Intiendes?  Sopla me!

I know it's kind of long, but it's always best to be polite if at all possible.

Hope this helps.
View Quote

You call that POLITE?!?!?!  [B)]
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 8:51:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Very funny! [:D]

Hey Rider...you are one lucky dude GoatBoy no puede hablar el Espanol...'cause if'n he did...your post...?  Adios Senor! [stick]

Osama...ya venemos...para tu!

[devil][rocket]  [marines]
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 9:31:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Why don't you simply stop aiding illegals and hire someone who speaks friggin ENGLISH???
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 9:43:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 2:45:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Tell him "El mono de muerta esta en mi pantalones."  When he learns that the Monkey of Death is in your pants, he'll leave you the hell alone.  The go out and find another gardener. [;D]
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 3:10:15 PM EDT
[#21]
AR-15gal,

My post was sincerely intended as sarcastic humor.  The resulting assault of your sensibilities was an unfortunate result that I do apologize for.

No harm meant.  Just reminiscing the fond words my mother would say to me as she sent me off to elementary school when I was a child. [:D]

To anyone else my ill chosen words may offend, I would delete them, but AR-15gal has chosen to immortalize them herself by quoting them.

As my penence, may I be cursed with the gas of a 20 gal. hoya de frijol rancio.
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 4:29:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

How do I say "trash only" or "gargage only"
View Quote

Solo Basura (Papel, lata y vidrio)

for the one can and "lawn and garden clippings" or something to that effect for the other?
View Quote

Grama, ramas, hojas de arbol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top