Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2001 7:56:05 AM EDT
In a piece on the "50 All-time Greatest Americans," Maxim had a few gems amid some otherwise questionable calls.

[b]#31: Chuck Yeager[/b]
The first man to reach mach speed had gunned down 13 Nazi planes by the time he was 23. To this day the sound of his balls clanging together heralds his every approach.

[b]#27: George Washington[/b]
Invented the US Army. Still fronts the currency the rest of the world beats off to at night.

[b]#23: Jimi Hendrix[/b]
Hippie god was an Army paratrooper. (101st)

[b]#21: Jesse Owens[/b]
Did everything but fist Hitler at the 1936 Olympics by copping four gold medals in a single day.

[b]#9: Ted Williams[/b]
Teddy Ballgame fought in WWII and Korea(Marine Aviator), had a lifetime batting average of .344, and retired to catch more fish than Moby Dick.

[b]#5: The Passengers of United Flight 93[/b]
No one knows for sure what happened aboard that plane on September 11th, but you can bet your ass such unlikely heroes as a rugby jock, high school quarterback and judo champ introduced the horse-dicked sodomy ring of hell to the f*ckwads who thought they were on a one-way trip to paradise via Washington, D.C. Those brave passengers saved the nation's capital.

[b]#1: General George S. Patton, Jr.[/b]
Stomping on Rommel's dick all the way across Africa, he told his boys, "We wont just shoot the bastards, but rip out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks." Still doesn't give a rat's ass what you think about his slapping around malaria-stricken soldiers (wrong, he was a "battlefield fatigue" case), or that you don't believe he could've taken Russia with 10 tanks, two baseball bats and a case of Schlitz.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 8:00:41 AM EDT
[#1]
This is why I've let my subscription to Playboy run out and spent the money on Maxim.  It's a guys mag for guys and most of the women are better looking anyway.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 8:12:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Man, this mag sounds good.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 8:20:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Check out: [url]www.maximmag.com[/url]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 8:24:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll check it out at home, at work, they don't care if you go on gun and knife stuff, but girls in bikinis or less.. they get kinda pissy about.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 8:27:17 AM EDT
[#5]
nice, which issue is this?
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 8:56:12 AM EDT
[#6]
[b]Excellent[/b] picks!!
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 9:40:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
nice, which issue is this?
View Quote

The December issue. It just came yesterday. Jaime Pressley is on the cover....Mmmmmmmmmm.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 12:55:51 PM EDT
[#8]
[b]Maxim Magazine is a piece of shit rag!!!!![/b]

The only reason I bought the April, 2000 issue is because a friend tipped me off that my picture was in it.  (That's me under the arrow on the line at Knob Creek.)

[img]http://www.mindspring.com/~steel_rat/maxim1.jpg[/img]

Of course, as you can tell from the cute little caption in the picture, the article talked about rednecks wasting ammo, shooting refridgerators, killing bunnies, etc.  Funny thing is that picture was from '93 or '94, so far from any type of timely coverage of Knob Creek, the editors just pulled out some old file photo and used it so they could slam machine gunners as a page filler.

What a bunch of assholes.  That was the first and last issue of Maxim I ever bought.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 1:15:55 PM EDT
[#9]
i agree with Steel_Rat. if you read Maxim and Stuff magazine enough; you'll find they stereotype gunowners as rednecks. FHM as well, but FHM has better babe pictures.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top