Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2008 12:32:06 AM EDT
How many more mags do I need for the current allocation of fire arms

I Have:

4 AR15s (Noveske, Larue, Bushmaster, Beowulf)
30 USGI Mags 30 Rounders + 5 Modified (5 rounders and 10 rounders for Beo)

3 M14/M1A (1 SAI and 2 LRBs)
20 USGI Mags 20 Rounds + 5 Knock off 20 rounders + a couple of 5 rounders for hunting

FN Five Seven
4 20 Rnders

Glock 21
1 13 Rnder, 5 10 Rnders

XD 45 ACP
2 13 Rnders

So I think I am set on AR Mags and M14 Mags, but hive mind could always convince more.

I think I could use some more Pistol Mags, but not sure if there's a good 'rule of gun" for pistol mags...

Regardless of election and ban implications I would like your guys opinions...

Link Posted: 10/16/2008 1:17:46 AM EDT
[#1]
there is never enough mags for weapons, the things wear out or get damaged.

right now AIM and 44mag have a pretty good deal running on ar15 mags if you wanted to grab a few.  Under 10 bucks a mag.  I picked up 5 even though I dont currently own an AR.  But you have a decent amount right now.

eta:  you definitely need more pistol mags.  I like a minimum of 4 per pistol, but like I said the more the merrier.

eta2:  wtf are you doing with hi caps in CA?
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 2:28:39 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
there is never enough mags for weapons, the things wear out or get damaged.

right now AIM and 44mag have a pretty good deal running on ar15 mags if you wanted to grab a few.  Under 10 bucks a mag.  I picked up 5 even though I dont currently own an AR.  But you have a decent amount right now.

eta:  you definitely need more pistol mags.  I like a minimum of 4 per pistol, but like I said the more the merrier.

eta2:  wtf are you doing with hi caps in CA?

You can have Hi Caps in CA you just cant have them in your gun if it has a PG.

Also I am sure the OP meant "Replacement parts" for his magazines not that he would knowingly break the law by bringing more Hi Caps into Cali.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 2:54:31 AM EDT
[#3]
My personal opinion is to have a minimum of 10 mags per rifle and minimum of 5 per pistol. But you can never have to many.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 3:35:45 AM EDT
[#4]
You need more pistol mags, that's obvious.  Have at least 4-5.  If you can afford 2-3 more after that, do it.  Being a CA resident will make that tough.   I used to live in Mass, and finding beat up pre-94 OEM hi cap pistol mags was hard enough.

Link Posted: 10/16/2008 3:38:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
My personal opinion is to have a minimum of 10 mags per rifle and minimum of 5 per pistol. But you can never have to many.

This is what I have
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 3:40:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 3:40:10 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

This is the general rule i try to follow as well. Although I often find myself going way under like with my ps90 mags (2) or way over like with my g3 mags (100+) depending on the individual cost. OP, You need at least 10 more ar mags and some pistol mags too.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 4:22:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the Info.
I think I have 10 per rifle for the AR's and M14s

I will start stocking up on the Pistol mags.

(P.S. I Ship stuff to my home in oregon where I keep the good stuff)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top