Link Posted: 10/15/2008 1:54:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 1:54:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Horde

70 Rogue, 70 lock and 55 shammy
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 1:56:32 PM EDT
[#3]
are there elfs and orcs with special powers in the video game?
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 1:58:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

yup and trolls too.. but alas no light sabers..

Link Posted: 10/15/2008 1:59:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Knight Elf Mohawk.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 2:00:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes there are

Link Posted: 10/15/2008 2:00:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes there are

upload.wowhead.com/images/screenshots/thumb/11797.jpg

sush you!
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 2:02:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes there are

upload.wowhead.com/images/screenshots/thumb/11797.jpg

sush you!

I bet it would look pimp with mongoose on it.

But I quit playing awhile back.

One day my guild killed Akama, and I got tired of playing so I never logged in again.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 2:02:02 PM EDT
[#9]
My main is with the Horde, as well as some lowbie characters.

Up and coming lowbie is on Alliance.

I've taken several 4-6 month breaks from the game. I kept doing cycles of on/off play to keep it interesting.

Playing on my own is boring though, battlegrounds get stale after doing more than a few at a time. It takes just way too much time to accomplish anything. My character is still stuck with Tier 1 pvp for God's sake!
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 2:03:39 PM EDT
[#10]
When I still played, Horde. Still have a 70 Orc warrior out there, but haven't played for about a year.

The 5 man and 25 man raid business for high level dungeons like Kara just got too time consuming as did the PVP for epics.

Blizz needs to work on enabling more high lvl play that doesn't require a platoon to do, especially when it takes 5 plus hours to run them.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 2:03:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Alliance. If I knew then what I know now I would have rolled Horde.

But WAR is on the way so WoW may be on the way OUT.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 2:15:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Is World of Warcraft any good? I've never liked the idea of paying every month to play a game.

Now the one game I'm really looking forward to is Fallout 3!

BTW I voted "LOL wut?" just because!
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 2:16:44 PM EDT
[#13]
For the Horde!
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 2:18:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Is World of Warcraft any good?

DO NOT play it unless you are not easily addicted to things, and have lots of time.

I would not recommend to anyone who has limited time.

It is fun.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 2:21:30 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

DO NOT play it unless you are not easily addicted to things, and have lots of time.

It is fun.

what he says!

very fun and very addicting!

people have lost spouses over the game. wife aggro sucks! there is no aggro dump mechinisum IRL. rememeber this!
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 2:21:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Meh, I've got 70s on both sides.  

Multiple 70s.  On both sides.  ><

Ugh.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 2:22:15 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is fun.

What is the gameplay like? FPS, point and click (NWN style), god view (RTS style)?
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 2:23:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Should try Warhammer. It's a more casual game. Lots of PVP

Join us

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=119&t=744026
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 2:25:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Keebler cookie bandit
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 2:25:53 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Is World of Warcraft any good? I've never liked the idea of paying every month to play a game.

I found it incredibly repetitive and boring. The game attempts to you get interested and vested in finding virtual items in order to better your character. This is done by investing absurd amounts of time into the game.

I had some friends who played it so I tried to get into it. Couldn't for the life of me play it for more than an hour or so at a time. Gave it up entirely after about 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 2:33:27 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I found it incredibly repetitive and boring. The game attempts to you get interested and vested in finding virtual items in order to better your character. This is done by investing absurd amounts of time into the game.

I had some friends who played it so I tried to get into it. Couldn't for the life of me play it for more than an hour or so at a time. Gave it up entirely after about 2 weeks.

Isn't there anything else to do in the game?
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 2:36:52 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Isn't there anything else to do in the game?

go to www.worldofwarcraft.com and try out the demo.. hell its free for 10 days..
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 2:37:40 PM EDT
[#23]
real life faction

Link Posted: 10/15/2008 2:38:53 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm guessing you never got past lvl 20. My joy was in killing other human player characters in World pvp. The canned quests etc can get old.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 2:41:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Former Horde player here.

70 Undead Warrior
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 2:42:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Pansy alliance. For the HORDE!
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 2:54:19 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is fun.

What is the gameplay like? FPS, point and click (NWN style), god view (RTS style)?

Third person  but you can zoom into first person.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 5:07:09 PM EDT
[#28]
I tried WoW and liked it for a couple weeks, but the fun factor wore off after that. I don't know how other people can get addicted to it. There is so little effort or risk involved in building your character.

The economy in the game wasn't very interesting either. My character couldn't make any money off the market, then again maybe I didn't play enough. There were no "vices" in the game to profit off other players with.

WoW players, try playing Lineage II. You might not leave your computer again.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 5:33:08 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lots and lots of trolls.  Kind of like here.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 5:51:24 PM EDT
[#30]
HORDE FTW
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 5:53:20 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm surprised you found the time to play at all, what with all of the street fights.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 6:03:50 PM EDT
[#32]
I like both...  but play alliance as that is what my rl friends play.  but if i had to do it over again, i would play a little more of each...   and possible more horde...

the different races offered by each faction have some advantages to them.  "will of the forsaken" is huge in PVP.    but the 10% rep gain from human is not shabby either.  i do think that you will find a few less kids playing horde.  and on my server horde was/is better in PVP battlegrounds...  

also depends on what you want to do, what kinda of server you want to play on, etc....  you can look up a website that has the population breakdowns on it and see the factions populations...  also see what servers are heavily populated etc...  some of it matters more than other...  like if horde is out numbered 3:1 you don't want to play on that sever if it is PvP you will get slaughtered while out questing...  lol.  

in the end play what you like.   if you play horde, be sure you roll a really pretty female blood elf to be your bank toon.  they are the cute!

S
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 6:08:23 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Horde or Alliance?

Depends entirely on what class you want to play.

Humans make the best rogues, Tauren make the best Tanks. Etc and so on.

Link Posted: 10/16/2008 6:12:22 PM EDT
[#34]
PVP server...  Horde.

pfft... pansy alliance
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 6:17:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Horde + Hunter... Quit playing a few patches ago though.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 6:19:51 PM EDT
[#36]
NERDS!

Link Posted: 10/16/2008 6:20:59 PM EDT
[#37]
horde ftw
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 6:22:20 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your character was equipped with a level 10 mouth guard wasn't it?  Admit it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 6:25:01 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Meh, I've got 70s on both sides.  

Multiple 70s.  On both sides.  ><

Ugh.

What he said.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 6:29:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 6:34:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Talk about a HARDCORE WOW player!!!

Username is Prepared.

Link Posted: 10/16/2008 10:01:35 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I like both...  but play alliance as that is what my rl friends play.  but if i had to do it over again, i would play a little more of each...   and possible more horde...

the different races offered by each faction have some advantages to them.  "will of the forsaken" is huge in PVP.    but the 10% rep gain from human is not shabby either.  i do think that you will find a few less kids playing horde.  and on my server horde was/is better in PVP battlegrounds...  

also depends on what you want to do, what kinda of server you want to play on, etc....  you can look up a website that has the population breakdowns on it and see the factions populations...  also see what servers are heavily populated etc...  some of it matters more than other...  like if horde is out numbered 3:1 you don't want to play on that sever if it is PvP you will get slaughtered while out questing...  lol.  

in the end play what you like.   if you play horde, be sure you roll a really pretty female blood elf to be your bank toon.  they are the cute!

S

I sure made use of that with my Undead Warrior. With my high crit poleaxe spec MS/Arms build, I would demolish Warlocks. It was almost comical how badly they got beat. Certain varieties of Rogues(dagger spec mostly) did not fare much better.

Fighting a Mage, and some versions of Paladins or Druids was futile.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 10:07:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Alliance.  70 Prot Warrior, 70 Holy Paladin, 68 Demonolgy (for leveling) Warlock.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 10:14:57 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
But WAR is on the way so WoW may be on the way OUT.

What is this WAR that you speak of?
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 7:24:40 AM EDT
[#45]
I just hate how the Horde can't win a Warsong Gulch battleground.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 7:26:15 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I just hate how the Horde can't win a Warsong Gulch battleground.

I have seen it happen. Rare though.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 7:36:33 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Knight Elf Mohawk.

Tikka, 70 Hunter

Link Posted: 10/17/2008 7:38:28 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is fun.

what he says!

very fun and very addicting!

people have lost spouses over the game. wife aggro sucks! there is no aggro dump mechinisum IRL. rememeber this!

Fade.

But it works both ways!
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 7:40:06 AM EDT
[#49]
My main is a 70 NE rogue, but lately I've been playing an Ork Hunter (lvl 25).  I voted get both.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 7:41:37 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
real life faction

How the hell do you play that one without a monthly fee?

Plz don't tell me the answer is "Vote for Obama"
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top