Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 7:42:44 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
real life faction

nabeel.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/04/03/outsidemmorpg776685.jpg

How the hell do you play that one without a monthly fee?

Plz don't tell me the answer is "Vote for Obama"

What about the PvP aspect? I want more info.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 7:52:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Alliance is cool.... if you're ten.

<-- 70 Orc Warrior [Raid Tank]
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 8:03:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I like both...  but play alliance as that is what my rl friends play.  but if i had to do it over again, i would play a little more of each...   and possible more horde...

the different races offered by each faction have some advantages to them.  "will of the forsaken" is huge in PVP.    but the 10% rep gain from human is not shabby either.  i do think that you will find a few less kids playing horde.  and on my server horde was/is better in PVP battlegrounds...  

also depends on what you want to do, what kinda of server you want to play on, etc....  you can look up a website that has the population breakdowns on it and see the factions populations...  also see what servers are heavily populated etc...  some of it matters more than other...  like if horde is out numbered 3:1 you don't want to play on that sever if it is PvP you will get slaughtered while out questing...  lol.  

in the end play what you like.   if you play horde, be sure you roll a really pretty female blood elf to be your bank toon.  they are the cute!

S

I sure made use of that with my Undead Warrior. With my high crit poleaxe spec MS/Arms build, I would demolish Warlocks. It was almost comical how badly they got beat. Certain varieties of Rogues(dagger spec mostly) did not fare much better.

Fighting a Mage, and some versions of Paladins or Druids was futile.

If you haven't gone MS/Maces, you aren't shit.

As for rogues fighting warriors 1v1, Warriors are the rogue's anti class, you shouldn't be losing to a rogue if you have any experience at all fighting them
Us on a random BT night, I think I topped out at 2200 DPS that night, the screenshot should show me at 1800 or 1900 though,

Right behind some scrub allied warlock.

finally, just  a shot of my awesomeness (NERRRRRRD)
Cursed vision of sargeras, T6 supplemented by Bt/Sunwell gear, etc.

If you roll a toon' on Sargeras horde side, I'd be more than happy to toss you some gold and bags to get you started.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 8:17:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Horde.

Shattered Hand ftw.

Tahaka [FoW]
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 8:32:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Horde.

Shattered Hand ftw.

Tahaka [FoW]

Nice gear, dude.

Replace that T4 with the badge loot!
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 8:38:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Less gaming more shooting
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 8:39:41 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Knight Elf Mohawk.

Is that what Mr T says? I thought he was saying 9F molehawk or Night F molehawk
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 8:44:15 AM EDT
[#8]
I tried WOW by my urge to go outside and copulate with real women and exercise and shoot guns and go see things got the best of me.

Alas, real life proved more interesting to me than any manufactured nerdom.

I have read some articles of the years about WoW players. No thanks...  
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 8:45:51 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Talk about a HARDCORE WOW player!!!

Username is Prepared.

i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq30/BierPimp/Prepard_WOW.jpg

man I bet the last interaction with a female this guy had was with his mom's panties out of the hamper.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 8:50:10 AM EDT
[#10]
I had a 70 Blood Elf Hunter. Cancelled my account and switched over to Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning. I play Chaos over there.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 9:50:10 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I tried WOW by my urge to go outside and copulate with real women and exercise and shoot guns and go see things got the best of me.

Funny, I still manage to find the time for all of that.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 11:07:08 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

The key is to balance the game with RL. It is possible and can be done. Moderation is what a lot of people forget, granted it can be a time sink and seem like a waste. I personally enjoy the game mechanics and programming that those guys at Blizz put into this game also figuring out how to min/max with my spec, gear, gems and enchants is another part I enjoy.

As for toons... I have more 70's then I'd care to admit (8) 5 Horde and 3 Alli and still have a life outside WoW.

The servers I'm on are Mal'ganis, Gorefiend and Thrall.  

Oh and this last patch has me really digging my warrior again.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 11:11:37 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Tell me about it. I was in a battleground and placed top 3 with kills. That's never happened before, and I'm in S1 pvp gear.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 11:32:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Anybody know where Mankrik's wife is at?  
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 11:48:25 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tell me about it. I was in a battleground and placed top 3 with kills. That's never happened before, and I'm in S1 pvp gear.

Tell me more - I quit playig because the warrior was so nerfed. what did they change.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 11:54:07 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Right behind some scrub allied warlock.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/StaticKnight/WoWScrnShot_091708_201235.jpg

I almost thought this was a COC violation. That Warlock looks like she isn't wearing any pants or panties!
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 11:59:34 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tell me more - I quit playig because the warrior was so nerfed. what did they change.

They've added all the 51 point talents for Wrath. The prot warrior actually does damage now!  Imagine that, and shockwave is kick ass. TC hits all mobs now, no limit and it scales with AP so he's a very good AOE tank now. I have had so much fun with prot I haven't even thought about Fury or Arms.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 12:00:07 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Anybody know where Mankrik's wife is at?  

That bisch is dead!
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 12:51:39 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They've added all the 51 point talents for Wrath. The prot warrior actually does damage now!  Imagine that, and shockwave is kick ass. TC hits all mobs now, no limit and it scales with AP so he's a very good AOE tank now. I have had so much fun with prot I haven't even thought about Fury or Arms.

I'll have to buy a game card and check it out. I spent a lot of time trying to get a stun mace warrior build to work, then they nerfed that. If Prot is buffed, maybe could be fun again.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 1:08:38 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

dual wielding 2handers in fury is really fun!

Nazjatar(PVP) Alliance
Caspira 70 rogue
Procsamson 70 pally
Micket 70 mage
Snickers 70 warlock
Larue 70 Shammy
Cleave 61 warrior

Greymane(PVE) Horde
Caspira 70 priest
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 11:06:21 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I sure made use of that with my Undead Warrior. With my high crit poleaxe spec MS/Arms build, I would demolish Warlocks. It was almost comical how badly they got beat. Certain varieties of Rogues(dagger spec mostly) did not fare much better.

Fighting a Mage, and some versions of Paladins or Druids was futile.

If you haven't gone MS/Maces, you aren't shit.

As for rogues fighting warriors 1v1, Warriors are the rogue's anti class, you shouldn't be losing to a rogue if you have any experience at all fighting them

No doubt Mace spec is the best, but I wanted to mess around and rolled Axe/MS and tried to maximize my AP and crit rate. It ended up being a very fun spec to play. I have lead DPS and killing blows in AV and AB multiple times. The rogues I had trouble with were 9 time out of 10 better geared than me, or they had a nasty build and got the drop on me and kept me effectively stun locked. The vast majority of rogues I fought were dagger spec and were easily dealt with in a few hits, so I never got a lot of experience fighting more specialized and advanced spec'ed rogues. I remember getting my ass thoroughly kicked by a rogue in a mix of s5/T6 in WSG, he was single-handedly taking out most of our team.

I have on several occasions DPS tanked Balinda in berserker stance without intending to and thanks to a helluva healer, I survived the entire fight while still holding aggro.

I remember watching my friend do a quick Kara badge run with his enhancement shammy and he was with a party of all T5-T6 geared players and they had a 2h sword/MS warrior as main DPS. He was doing insane damage and his DPS was equal to the next four well geared DPS players combined.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top