Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2001 9:49:39 PM EDT
Went to see it tonight.  Giving it two thumbs up.  Great cast, and good twisting plot that keeps you thinking something else.  As always it gave some of the better parts in the previews but still plenty left.  It has been awhile since I felt a little nervous in my seat for the characters on the screen.  Go see it.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 4:28:59 PM EDT
[#1]
See if I ever write another review.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 4:32:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Julia Roberts is in it.  Won't see it.  Nuff said.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 4:32:46 PM EDT
[#3]
The cast are all maggots, I wouldn't take money to piss on any of them if they were on fire.

Oceans 11 can dissappear now, I won't see it.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 4:46:41 PM EDT
[#4]
So you guys haven't seen a movie since the late 70's?  If you are waiting to see movies with all four of the pro-gun actors it will be a long wait.  You use the internet and look at who invented it.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 4:47:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Other than the heist, how close is it to the original? I love that one, Lewis Milestone really nailed it.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 4:55:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw this tonight... IMHO it was boring... did not like and would not recommend.
Only thing I liked was when it was revieled how it was done....

... and no.  I wont tell you [:D]
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 5:29:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Well since I did not see the original I couldn't tell you.  

Don't go see the movie it sucked with a bunch of anti-gun queers for actors.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 5:42:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 5:58:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I watched the original again last night on AMC.

I'm not a big fan of Roberts either so haven't decided to go see yet.

Link Posted: 12/9/2001 6:01:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
See if I ever write another review.
View Quote

Jeepers 1Gun, you've taken quite a beating here, I'll pitch in:

I haven't seen the movie, and at $8.00 a ticket, I won't ever see the movie.  I will however wait for the Video to come out and rent it. Only cuz 1Gunrunner said it was worth it.

There!
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 6:08:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So you guys haven't seen a movie since the late 70's?  If you are waiting to see movies with all four of the pro-gun actors it will be a long wait.  You use the internet and look at who invented it.
View Quote

Actually, movies and TV shows have got worse in the past twenty years because the bean counters, and not the creative people, run the show now. And the bean counters are generally very liberal....Michael Eisner, Harvey Weinstein, Dick Wolf, Jeffrey Katzenberg, Sherry Lansing, et al.... so, I'll go back and look at great films from years before that. "Treasure of Sierra Madre", anybody?

Link Posted: 12/9/2001 6:13:41 PM EDT
[#12]
The newspaper critics are all saying this movie sucks big-time.  So it might be good on that basis alone.  But I still wouldn't fork over the bucks and the two hours to see it.  Maybe if it had a reversed ratio of dudes to chicks in the case it would be more interesting.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 6:14:57 PM EDT
[#13]
GUNRUNNER, I really enjoyed the movie.  Only problem is, there is know way you could carry out $160 million (cash) in 10 duffel bags.  It would damn near take a fork lift.

BTW, it was A LOT better than Behind Enemy Lines.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 6:22:08 PM EDT
[#14]
I saw it last night and thought it wasn't too bad.  I find that heist type movies always have me picking them apart when I should just shut up and enjoy the movie.  

I understand where you guys are coming from about the anti-gun actors but I can't fight every battle.  I already have such a huge list of companies to avoid, products I force myself not to like, and so on.  I try to be selective but sometimes I have to just chill out.  Already my girl friend thinks I'm a psycho about all the shit I bitch about.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 6:49:46 PM EDT
[#15]
... Actors politics aside, if you don't own a copy of [b]A Clear and Present Danger[/b] you should.

... I just never tire of it. As a matter of fact I'm only casually watching it on [i]USA[/i] and as always it [size=2]KICKS ASS[/size=2]!

... But I'll go see Oceans 11, thanks for the review.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 8:05:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I find that heist type movies always have me picking them apart when I should just shut up and enjoy the movie.  
View Quote

Funny, I get the same way about cop movies. What do you do for a living?[;)]
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 9:58:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Who are the big time anti-gunners in it?
I thought 1000 miles to graceland was weak but they had belt feds, beta mags and M16 shorties.. enough said
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 10:03:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Cast: George Clooney (Danny Ocean), Matt Damon (Linus Zerga), Andy Garcia (Harry Benedict), Brad Pitt (Dusty Ryan), Julia Roberts (Tess Ocean), Casey Affleck, Scott Caan, Don Cheadle (Roscoe Means), Angie Dickinson (cameo), Elliott Gould (Ruben Tischkoff), Eddie Jemison, Vladimir Klitschko, Lennox Lewis, Bernie Mac, Sydney Pollack (Reuben Tishkoff), Carl Reiner (Saul Bloom), Qin Shaobo
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top