Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2001 7:06:52 PM EDT
Hey, just thought I'd like you guys know.

For computer hardware resellers there is a site called resellerratings.com, which allows customers of these vendors to post ratings and feedback on them. I use this site all the time when hardware shopping, as it's helped me avoid many lemon-vendors in the past.

Now, I was looking for one of these sites for firearm and firearm accessory resellers and couldn't find one. Thus, about a week or two ago I decided to write my own site for this purpose. (Please tell me there isn't one! :) I'm writing it in php under Linux and it will use PostgreSQL on the backend (for those who know this stuff).

I've seen all the posts about so and so saying to stay away from this company or that this company rocks, so I think consolidating this under a single site would be great and make everyone's lives easier. I'm posting this message to judge how useful others might find this service. Of course it will be a free service, with the worst thing being banner ads later on possibly to offset site costs. Getting a username will be required for posting ratings, but it will consist of providing your email address and name only, along with the username/password you want. The KISS philosophy is at work here, folks.

I've done this kind of deal before and it's turning out to be a piece of cake. I think I should have some kind of beta-ish site out by the end up my Christmas break (early Jan). I'll keep you all informed.

All that I might need to get this site going big time is a good fast 24/7 connection to put the scripts up on. I'll wait until I have something to show, but if anyone can possibly provide this kind of service, drop me a note.

Robby
[email protected]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top