Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2008 8:33:15 PM EDT
Last year, you'd think the Earth was falling into the Sun.  Hysterical hippies were shrieking that global warming was making the summer unseasonably hot, that if it continued we'd all be dead in a few years, Bush must go, etc.  This year, the summer has been so mild in my neck of the woods... nothing even close to usual summer temps.  So, if a hot summer is proof that Bush and Halliburton are causing global warming, why doesn't a cooler summer "disprove" that?
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 8:38:48 PM EDT
[#1]
In just one year (2007 i think),  years of supposed "man made global warming" completely backtracked.  Years worth of global temperature increases were gone in just one year.  i heard it on fox news but didn't hear it anywhere else.  

Link Posted: 9/3/2008 8:41:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Somewhere somebody is cooking up a new scam.

My idea: "Save the sunspots".
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 8:41:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Solar cooling.  Save the sun.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 8:42:59 PM EDT
[#4]
It's "climate change" now... get your talking points straight, OK?

How are we supposed to dupe the masses if we're not all on the same page?
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 8:43:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Shhhh......   It will soon become "Climate Change".  

Don't tell anyone I told you.

*edit - Damn.  NYPatriot beat me to it..
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 8:43:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Climate change. They call it Global Climate Change nowadays. That way no matter what happens, they can still blame American males.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 8:43:36 PM EDT
[#7]
The sunspots stopped

It’s normal and the sunspots will probably be back within a year or so. But extended minimums that last decades are apparently fairly common so we might be headed for a long cool spell.

www.solarcycle24.com/
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 8:44:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Where did it go? It evaporated in all the heat....................
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 8:44:12 PM EDT
[#9]
They stopped when they heard I was debunking the myths.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 8:46:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 8:46:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Whats this "global warming" you speak of?
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 8:48:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Whats this "global warming" you speak of?

Quiet you!  
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 8:49:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The sunspots stopped

It’s normal and the sunspots will probably be back within a year or so. But extended minimums that last decades are apparently fairly common so we might be headed for a long cool spell.

www.solarcycle24.com/

The last one ended in the 19th century.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 8:49:59 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The sunspots stopped

www.solarcycle24.com/

I read somewhere that August was the first month ever recorded with no sunspot activity.

I believe low sunspot activity portends a comming ice age.

I think I'll begin selling sunspot credits.

Who wantsa buy and save the planet?

Can you imagine if the climate change freaks begin calling for everyone to leave their cars running while parked and overnight?

Or all the enviro weenies trade in their Priuses for Hummers because they want to do their part to save the planet?
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 8:50:36 PM EDT
[#15]
George Bush's fault.

/thread
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 8:51:45 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The sunspots stopped

www.solarcycle24.com/

Heard it on Glenn Beck this week, but now where else.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 8:53:24 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The sunspots stopped

www.solarcycle24.com/

I read somewhere that August was the first month ever recorded with no sunspot activity.

Can you imagine if the climate change freaks begin calling for everyone to leave their cars running while parked and overnight?

I am sure that man is to blame for that, or at least GWB is.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 8:54:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Don't worry, once Hurricane Ike pounds the fuck out of us here in Miami, it'll be global warming and Bush's fault all over again!
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 8:54:38 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The sunspots stopped

www.solarcycle24.com/

Somewhere Al Gore is crying.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:00:31 PM EDT
[#20]
OK - this is where your thinking is just WRONG. Ironically - its the same mistake the people who study climate also made when they rung the bell about global warming.

First off - we could all be in a ball of ice in mid august, it doesn't mean shit unless its like that in the next several years before and after as well. One hot or cold summer does not  a trend make!

The problem with the study of climate is that there is a fair amount of variation from year to year. Climate change generally happens over a long period of time. Small shifts will still take a decade or so to actualize. We do not have reliable data about temperatures etc past a few hundred years. The world is over four BILLION years old. Man has been around for over 250,000 years (give or take, not counting our related cousins). Life really explode around 500 MILLION years ago. Since then we have gone through mass extinctions that nearly wiped out all life on earth and giant shifts in climate.

Fun Facts:

Everything North of Nebraska was under a MILE of ice 11,000 years ago.

The Sahara was not nearly as large around 9000 years ago - much of it was jungle and savanna! They find rock carvings under the sand of giraffes and hippos, etc.

All of these changes took place before man every pumped the first drop of oil out of the earth. Get ready - in 10000-15000 years from now, the next ice age will hit and canada will again be under a MILE OF ICE.

Now - the crux of the problem is this. We take our limited data, add in info about how much CO2 was in the air by sampling ice in the antarctic which has trapped air bubbles in it, and add in the stuff we are pumping into the air, and throw all that shit into a big computer.

Now that computer hums along and spits out a doomsday scenario. I think anyone would be alarmed at this and look at it more. The problem is, with these complex models we really have little way of knowing how accurate they are. In the 70s we thought we would enter another ice age to soon!

Climatology is VERY complex and not fully understood. Mother Earth is a lot tougher than anyone realizes. She will be around long after we are gone. Life will go on with or with out us.

I don't blame some of the initial alarms - but I don't think they are being honest with the data and the whole issue has become politicized. Some people simply bang the gong to get more funding money.

Personally I think we should work towards cleaner fuels and processes - but the US and Europe will be doing that any way. Its China and India who have no regard of their own and are much worse polluters. That is why we don't join the BULLSHIT Kyoto treaty. It puts limits on the US and UK, but lets China do what they want because they are still catching up. haha - not thanks, comrade!
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:08:17 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
OK - this is where your thinking is just WRONG. Ironically - its the same mistake the people who study climate also made when they rung the bell about global warming.

First off - we could all be in a ball of ice in mid august, it doesn't mean shit unless its like that in the next several years before and after as well. One hot or cold summer does not  a trend make!

I think your sarcasm detector needs new batteries.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:11:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Didnt you hear? Now we have to look out for ManBearPig. Its a ferociouse beast thats half man half bear half pig.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:15:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Gore fixed it
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:33:52 PM EDT
[#24]
A bunch of global warming "scientists" are forecasting cooling temperatures for the next 25 years or so. But the spin, to keep their funding, is that it would be even colder without global warming.

Another 25-30 year cooling cycle is actually due.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:41:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Don't worry, if Obama gets elected, EPA Administrator Al Gore will make sure we all know that globalwarmingclimatechange will turn the planet into a barren wasteland and to combat it we'll all be forced to "make sacrifices".
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 7:30:10 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Gore fixed it

By adding on to his mansion, to consume extra ergs and joules of energy?
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 7:43:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Well, you see, the earth is starting to tilt back on its axis and therefore the northern hemisphere is starting to tilt away from the....aw fuck it....summer is ending.

Btw, there was never any mass conspiracy global warming to begin with, its called a sun cycle.  

MPD165
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 8:25:48 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The sunspots stopped

www.solarcycle24.com/

Or all the enviro weenies trade in their Priuses for Hummers because they want to do their part to save the planet?

There is a school of thought that says the earth was heading into an ice age back before the industrial revolution, but all the CO2 from burning fossil fuels since then has stopped it for now.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 8:27:44 AM EDT
[#29]
It's "Global Climate Change" now. Get with the program.

With "Global Climate Change", none of their predictions need to come true. The weather can do anything and everything, and it is all due to GCC. It's brilliant really, they can never be wrong.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 8:30:46 AM EDT
[#30]
It would have been total ownage if Sarahcuda would have said something like:

"Folks in my state are looking forward to a little more global warming, but as we know it's all a left wing scam designed to tax you more"
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 8:43:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Have you taken a count of the number of hyurricanes this fall?
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 8:48:54 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Have you taken a count of the number of hyurricanes this fall?

Josephine = #10 (hurricanes and tropical storms)
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 8:58:07 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I am selling "Sunspot Credits" to liberal morons.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 9:10:33 AM EDT
[#34]
read the last centurian all explained there...
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 9:17:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Don't worry, it is still out there!!  Here is more "proof".

Another huge ice shelf breaks off in the Arctic

TORONTO —  A chunk of ice shelf nearly the size of Manhattan has broken away from Ellesmere Island in Canada's northern Arctic, another dramatic indication of how warmer temperatures are changing the polar frontier, scientists said Wednesday.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 10:57:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Who was that liberal moron, who when told that the temperature on Mars was also changing form year to year... where there are no humans... said that it was because Mars was closer to the sun than the Earth?  

I think it was one of the Rothschild's demon kids... but they eat that crap up at benefit concerts and such.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top