Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2008 6:00:54 PM EDT
Why are there only two?  How old is the Sith?  Why have they been behind the scenes for so long?  Once Palpatine and Vader take power, do others know they're Sith?  Who trained Darth Sidious?  What's the deal with apprentices killing masters?  Why does Palpatine say that "the Sith will once again rule the galaxy?"  Did they used to run the whole shebang?  When?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:03:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:05:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Peace is a lie, there is only passion;
Through passion I gain strength;
Through strength I gain power;
Through power I gain victory;
Through victory my chains are broken.
The Force shall set me free.

Without strife, your victory has no meaning.
Without strife, you do not advance.
Without strife, there is only stagnation

It is our mastery of our passion that gives us the strength they lack
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:06:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:07:46 PM EDT
[#4]
In KTOR thier troops looked like Cylons
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:07:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Great, now I can study my Sithtory.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:08:46 PM EDT
[#6]
It's kinda like leftists, but there's only 2.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:10:17 PM EDT
[#7]
WOW! Alot of info there!
I'm going to go levitate my cat now.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:11:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Sith are the result of emos and goths getting magical powers to shoot lightning up your ass and strangle you over the phone.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:13:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Sith are the result of emos and goths getting magical powers to shoot lightning up your ass and strangle you over the phone.

Hahahaha! And there is only two because the rest of the goth/emo hybrids slit their wrists
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:24:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
entertainment.howstuffworks.com/sith.htm

Holey Schnikeys!  I thought their page in the Star Wars Wiki was too long to read.  Anyone got some cliff's notes?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 11:47:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Holey Schnikeys!  I thought their page in the Star Wars Wiki was too long to read.  Anyone got some cliff's notes?

Well, once upon a time there was a Mommy Sith and a Daddy Sith. Something about a light saber and PRESTO, 9 months later there was a baby Sith.
The End
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 12:15:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Not a SW geek...

But the plot of the movie seems to indicate that the Sith invariably kill each other off, to the point where it allways comes down to one master, and one apprentice, and when the apprentice gets strong enough to kill the master, he takes his place, etc...

Think 'Highlander'.... 'In the end, there can be only one'....

Who then trains a second... And the cycle repeats....
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 1:58:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Read the 2 Darth Bane books that are out, they're quite entertaining.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 6:08:15 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I thought you were a proponent of the Empire?!  You're telling me that the progenitor of the greatest space society is an emo/goth hybrid?!
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 6:19:39 AM EDT
[#15]
I just read the whole story...........where is my fucking tylenol?
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 8:07:44 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I just read the whole story...........where is my fucking tylenol?

+1
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 8:28:45 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought you were a proponent of the Empire?!  You're telling me that the progenitor of the greatest space society is an emo/goth hybrid?!

Palpatine was a Sith, but he wasn't a Sith traditionalist. Neither was Vader, though he certainly fits the emo aspect in the prequels. In the original trilogy he's just a badass.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top