Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2001 6:39:15 PM EDT
On todays USAToday, under the Washington section on the website, McCain and DeWine (R) of Ohio are hoping to close the gunshow loophole with the excuse that terrorists use this avenue to get guns.  Someone please tag it on the site.  I don't know how.  
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 6:40:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Could someone post some background links on the gunshow issue? Thanks in adv.
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 6:42:51 PM EDT
[#2]
[url]http://www.usatoday.com/news/attack/2001/11/27/guns.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 6:53:21 PM EDT
[#3]
[pissed]
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 6:56:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Friggin traitor!!!  [-!-]

[smoke]
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 7:03:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Now he can bird two kills and get stoned just once.

Watch how fast this flies through Kongress now that we have combined the Democrat and Republican parties into the "Yes Bush" party.
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 7:10:16 PM EDT
[#6]
... well, get some while you can: [url]http://www.crossroadsgunshows.com/generalinformation.htm[/url] Unfortunately, I see the bastards winning this one. They have demonized "fun shows" in the eyes of the general public.
Thats why I try to always encourage fence sitters and first time buyers to attend one.
I'll see you at the "Crossroads of the West" on December 8-9 this year.

... probably not next year though, grrrrrr
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 8:59:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Terrorists have guns? That they purchased at gun shows? That's total b.s.

I suppose we should have a background check for buying box cutters at Home Depot, et al?

Eric The(CanArizonaNotRidUsOfThatCreep?)Hun[>]:)]

Link Posted: 11/27/2001 9:07:56 PM EDT
[#8]
"In each of these cases, the suspected terrorists were able to acquire guns, hide their immigrant status, and shield their criminal records," McCain and DeWine say in a "Dear Republican Colleague" letter circulated in the Senate on Monday. "We cannot and should not keep rolling the dice with American security."

If these guys can hide their immigrant status, and criminal records, what good does a background check do? If someone could hide their inebriation, would we close all bars? What the hell?
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 9:33:45 PM EDT
[#9]
If the facts were applied correctly:

[img]http://www.subdimension.com/community/subversion/politics/boxcutter.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 4:39:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Wotta jerk.

Senator John McCain
241 Russell Senate Ofc. Bldg.
United States Senate Washington, DC 20510

Dear Sen. McCain:

It was with great distress I saw a news account of yet another of your runs at "closing the gun show loophole."  There is no such thing, although it makes for a nice sound bite.

Of course, the terrorists of September 11 used boxcutters and airplanes to launch their attacks.  They didn't use guns.  I would expect your efforts to "stop terrorism" to be directed toward genuine problems, and not just a new excuse to re-package your same old crusade.

Please, by all means, fight terrorism.  Please leave my rights alone in the process.

I am afraid the Sen. McCain now in office is not the same Sen. McCain I voted for in your last reelection campaign.   Respectfully, I will not make the same mistake again.

Very truly yours,

/s/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top