Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2008 5:37:35 PM EDT
Normally when you purchase an ammo can it has dings, dent and some rust, unless you find one that is in good condition. So my question is the "used cans" where do they get their character from.  Are they used domestically in the US in training bases or do they get their wear and tear from being used in the "sand box".  I am thinking that the cans that we buy are not from actually "sand box" use.  I would think that they just ditch or dump the cans that are used abroad rather than bringing them home.

Any inside info?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:38:40 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Normally when you purchase an ammo can it has dings, dent and some rust, unless you find one that is in good condition. So my question is the "used cans" where do they get their character from.  Are they used domestically in the US in training bases or do they get their wear and tear from being used in the "sand box".  I am thinking that the cans that we buy are not from actually "sand box" use.  I would think that they just ditch or dump the cans that are used abroad rather than bringing them home.

Any inside info?

Mine came back with Iraqi sand in them...all 20.  I hope the ammo they contained killed many terrorist assholes.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:39:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Someone throws them down the driveway to add character.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:49:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I've seen them up for auction on one of the .gov auction sites for surplus material.

The ones I'm thinking of were located at Ft. Leonard Wood, Missouri.  They had thousands of them stacked up on pallets that looked brand spanking new, like they'd been simply unloaded at one of the firing ranges and then stacked on the pallets.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top