Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2008 9:29:51 AM EDT
airventure.org/2008/news/080630_jetpack.html

Short on details but they are promising 100 times the endurance of the original bell Jetpacks, which would be a 43 minute jaunt or so.

That would be awesome if they delivered, I would totally love to Jetpack my commute.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:33:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Well the fact that it doesn't run on ultra pure hydrogen peroxide is a huge step forward! I'll be interested to check it out when I go this year!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:35:28 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Well the fact that it doesn't run on ultra pure hydrogen peroxide is a huge step forward! I'll be interested to check it out when I go this year!

That was the Rocket Belt.  The Jet Pack was a actual turbojet.  As far as flying went, the Bell Jet Packs worked.  But they were so damn slow, no one could figure out what to do with them.

I have always wondered what Williams could do with the idea if they put their minds to it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:35:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm sure they will price it way beyond the reach of us peons even if it actually works...

It will be like the "personal transporter" I saw on Discovery channel last night.  Very cool, but insanely expensive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top