Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2008 5:17:02 PM EDT
Is this belt capable of being used for ccw?

www.specopsbrand.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductID=53#
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:29:09 PM EDT
[#1]
bump
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:30:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Just get a Wilderness Instructor belt and don't look back
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:30:49 PM EDT
[#3]
OK, what about their frequent flyer belt?

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:42:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Is this belt capable of being used for ccw?

www.specopsbrand.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductID=53#

Not sure of that particular belt, but a riggers belt is an excellent choice. I have several, most of them from the time in the Army. They are different brands, Blackhawk,Blackwater Gear,Spec-Ops brand, all of them I got on sale for cheap. All would suffice for CCW as long as you could cinch them tight. I would prefer carrying with a riggers belt. I have a friend who has one with what I believe has a polymer insert, IIRC its a Wilderness brand belt, don't remember the model name. Seems ideal, he likes it and he's a true gear queer.

ETA:Personally I would prefer a metal buckled belt, for ccw.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:49:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been using a rigger's belt every now and again too--since I got back from my last deployment.  It works at least as well as my actual dedicated gun belts.  It's wider so it supports the weight of the gun over a larger area than my Gunners Alley, which means better comfort over long periods.  

the Wilderness belts have that plastic insert to make them stiffer--although I haven't had that problem with my rigger's belt.

The only problem I have with my rigger's belt is that I have a little Dunlop Disease.  (my belly done lopped over my belt)  Because of my excess flab, the buckle tends to dig a little when I cinch it tight.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:49:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I used a riggers belt for quite a while.  I believe its a spec-ops.  Worked great but eventually I got a belt from Andrews Leather when he made me a new holster and mag carriers.  I just felt better having my Wilson in good leather.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:49:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Wilderness Instructor belt. I bought it about 4 or 5 years ago. I've worn it every day. Its pretty much the best belt ever made.

I'm wearing it right now, and usually use it to carry guns, gerbers, flashlights, and other telecomm tools.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:56:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I have that belt.  It's not that great for concealed carry.  It's really not any better than a standard leather belt.

Instead, I use a Wilderness 5-stitch.  Look into a Wilderness because it's one of the best options out there.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:36:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks people.  Wilderness it is.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:16:02 AM EDT
[#10]
I've tried the Wilderness and I've tried the Spec Ops. I'm sticking with a double thickness horsehide Kramer belt, even here in Afghanistan.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:32:58 AM EDT
[#11]
FWIW, I have the Better BDU Airport Safe belt, it's OK if you're CCW'ing something lightweight...I'm usually carrying a titanium J-frame or a G19...no problems with mine, but if you want to cover all of your bases go with the wilderness....
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:23:36 PM EDT
[#12]
I haven't looked too closely at them, but if you are using it for CCW, how do you feed the belt tail through the holster if on the right hip between belt loops?

It looks like on some of the riggers/instructors  belts or similar the velcro loop needs to go past where the holster might be to get the strength.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:36:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:37:26 AM EDT
[#14]
I also use the Wilderness belt with the stiffener and wear it every day with a C-TAC
IWB holster and G34 or 1911.

I also use it when shooting USPSA matches. It does a good job of carrying my 1911
in a SERPA and the extra mags etc.

It's good stuff!

EMSflyer
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top