Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2008 10:13:20 AM EDT
Talking to a good friend I have known for years who is an  illegal Mexican this morning bitching that I have to go to court for not having insurance card in my wifes car.
This morning I am driving to the gas station for a paper and to get some gas . I was in my wife's truck doing 74 in a 55 zone . I pass a cop going the other direction and realise I was speeding "20 mph over " he hits his brakes and turns around . I pull over immediatly and he asks for liscense and insurance . I was in my wife's truck and could not find her insurance card so I ask permission to call her and he says "sure" . She tells me she has it in her purse and not in the truck. I say ok and hang up and wait for the cop to come back to the truck.
I tell him my wife has it and I live just a half mile away and he can follow me back and show him I have insurance. He says don't worry about it . I think after showing him the card for my truck he will just let me go because mine was valid. I told him I knew I was speeding and he was real cool and says he will just give me a warning for that wich I was supprised because it was close to 20 mph over the limit .
Well I get a ticket for no insurance . Not a big deal but just a hassle to go to court and pay court cost and show that Iwas insured .
I go to the store and see a Mexican friend I have known for years and he saw me pulled over and asks what happened. I tell him and he and his buddy laugh and start telling me they get pulled over all the time because they both have expired tags. I look and sure enough one is 2003 and my friends is 2005 stickers. My friend informs me he was pulled over a few weeks ago and let go " No license , Insurance , expired tag , no ID . I know his wife and she is white and was telling my wife a while back about it and how he never gets a ticket for anything because he is illegal and the cops just do not want to deal with it for whatever reason. It gets better , his friend tells me he rear ended another Mexican last summer who was also in the same boat and the cops let them both go because they had no ID , INSURANCE NO NOTHING.
I am realy PISSED because I get a ticket because I have ID and am a US citizen and have an insured vehicle. This shit is just wrong.
The Mexican guy I will say is a pretty good friend to me and has been for a long time and basicaly supports his lazy ass wife and her 2 young kids and pays for them to get into Boy Scouts , Sports etc and tries to teach them respect and basicaly does everything for them because their mother claims she can't work because of a knee injury she got at the grocery store while shopping a few years back"That is another story I will save for later"
After talking to these guys and hearing all their stories of being pulled over and getting nothing in the way of fines etc. and how the cops have always just let them go I realised that the cops know they will never get a dime out of them so they just get off and I get to go to court and pay eventhough I did have insurance . I know the cop did not want to follow me back to the house and see the insurance card because if he did he would not have felt he could have written me a ticket and made some revenue for the county. I was gratefull for the warning for speeding I got but DAMN..
Has anyone ever heard of anything like this? I know he is telling me the truth and his budy as well because he has mentioned it before I just never realy paid much attention until today.
If you are illegal you get special treatment in South , AL . i WOULD THINK IT WOULD BE THE OTHER WAY AROUND BUT i KNOW DIFFERENT
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:14:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Paragraphs are your friend.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:16:18 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Paragraphs are your friend.

It was something about getting pulled over, I think.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:16:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Why do you hang out with illegals?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:17:29 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
they are good people

ETA: Whats wrong with being friendly with illegals, they arent going any where. So why not
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:20:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Wall of Text crits Fat_McNasty for 9012...
Fat_McNasty dies..
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:23:00 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
they are good people

I guess until they hit you without insurance they are.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:23:55 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
they are good people

ETA: Whats wrong with being friendly with illegals, they arent going any where. So why not

That's why they are here.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:24:04 AM EDT
[#8]
If I had a dark complexion and was fluent in spanish, I'd try to pass off as an illegal.  

Free health care and damn near diplomatic immunity...must be nice...

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:24:31 AM EDT
[#9]
He is supposedly waiting to get his green card renewed . He has been here since 85 and at one point was legal . My wife has tried to help him get his green card renewal speed up but he just got a letter from Mexico stating that it is in the process of getting it done but it has been 6 months since his last letter from his GOVT. He has an AL drivers license but it expired in 03 or 05 and can't get it renewed until he gets papers from Mexico or whoever processes the paperwork.
Thecnicaly at this time I would say he is illegal.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:24:54 AM EDT
[#10]
i used to take them to jail for that shit
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:27:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:30:11 AM EDT
[#12]

It's simple economics. Traffic violations are another form of Tax, just for bad behavior. They can't tax illegalls this way because they won't pay, so they don't bother.

Life is unfair. Get over it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:31:40 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
He is supposedly waiting to get his green card renewed . He has been here since 85 and at one point was legal . My wife has tried to help him get his green card renewal speed up but he just got a letter from Mexico stating that it is in the process of getting it done but it has been 6 months since his last letter from his GOVT. He has an AL drivers license but it expired in 03 or 05 and can't get it renewed until he gets papers from Mexico or whoever processes the paperwork.
Thecnicaly at this time I would say he is illegal.

So he lost his status as a Greencard holder?  You're friend is a real beaut.  I'll take a wild guess and say if he wasn't bouncing around from wife to wife, or relative to relative, he just might have it right now.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:34:37 AM EDT
[#14]
He has been married to the same wife for 6 years and only married once "to her".
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:35:57 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Talking to a good friend I have known for years who is an  illegal Mexican this morning bitching that I have to go to court for not having insurance card in my wifes car.
This morning I am driving to the gas station for a paper and to get some gas . I was in my wife's truck doing 74 in a 55 zone . I pass a cop going the other direction and realise I was speeding "20 mph over " he hits his brakes and turns around . I pull over immediatly and he asks for liscense and insurance . I was in my wife's truck and could not find her insurance card so I ask permission to call her and he says "sure" . She tells me she has it in her purse and not in the truck. I say ok and hang up and wait for the cop to come back to the truck.
I tell him my wife has it and I live just a half mile away and he can follow me back and show him I have insurance. He says don't worry about it . I think after showing him the card for my truck he will just let me go because mine was valid. I told him I knew I was speeding and he was real cool and says he will just give me a warning for that wich I was supprised because it was close to 20 mph over the limit .
Well I get a ticket for no insurance . Not a big deal but just a hassle to go to court and pay court cost and show that Iwas insured .
I go to the store and see a Mexican friend I have known for years and he saw me pulled over and asks what happened. I tell him and he and his buddy laugh and start telling me they get pulled over all the time because they both have expired tags. I look and sure enough one is 2003 and my friends is 2005 stickers. My friend informs me he was pulled over a few weeks ago and let go " No license , Insurance , expired tag , no ID . I know his wife and she is white and was telling my wife a while back about it and how he never gets a ticket for anything because he is illegal and the cops just do not want to deal with it for whatever reason. It gets better , his friend tells me he rear ended another Mexican last summer who was also in the same boat and the cops let them both go because they had no ID , INSURANCE NO NOTHING.
I am realy PISSED because I get a ticket because I have ID and am a US citizen and have an insured vehicle. This shit is just wrong.
The Mexican guy I will say is a pretty good friend to me and has been for a long time and basicaly supports his lazy ass wife and her 2 young kids and pays for them to get into Boy Scouts , Sports etc and tries to teach them respect and basicaly does everything for them because their mother claims she can't work because of a knee injury she got at the grocery store while shopping a few years back"That is another story I will save for later"
After talking to these guys and hearing all their stories of being pulled over and getting nothing in the way of fines etc. and how the cops have always just let them go I realised that the cops know they will never get a dime out of them so they just get off and I get to go to court and pay eventhough I did have insurance . I know the cop did not want to follow me back to the house and see the insurance card because if he did he would not have felt he could have written me a ticket and made some revenue for the county. I was gratefull for the warning for speeding I got but DAMN..
Has anyone ever heard of anything like this? I know he is telling me the truth and his budy as well because he has mentioned it before I just never realy paid much attention until today.
If you are illegal you get special treatment in South , AL . i WOULD THINK IT WOULD BE THE OTHER WAY AROUND BUT i KNOW DIFFERENT

Well in our neck of the swamp. The little green man hauls them away. We had 8 illegals at our last insurance check point. 2 ran on foot. Funny thing was the USBPA asked the contractor "whos house isn't getting built today" when he pulled up to recover his truck and trailer. To his suprise, USBPA confistcated it all. I was LOL ing all day.

If your not part of the solution, YOUR part of the problem.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:38:02 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wall of Text crits Fat_McNasty for 9012...
Fat_McNasty dies..

Get more resilience.

fusking PvP ers! and your welfare epics!
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:40:15 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
they are good people

That's why they are here.
They arent going away. The feds dont have the balls to deport them. So why not be friendly Your going to have to deal with them for atleast another 10 years minimum or until mccain gives em amnesty
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 11:06:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Get used to it. The honest working man will carry the burden until we as a people stand up and do something about it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 11:42:08 AM EDT
[#19]
The illegals can just move to the next county/state/home country and get a new false identity if they get into any trouble with the law.  Taking more resources to track them down.  It's an endless circle.

The gov't knows citizens aren't going anywhere because most of us are tied to our communities.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:14:36 PM EDT
[#20]
if they dont have to follow the law, then why the fuck should i ?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:24:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Naaaaa.......you're saying illegals are exempt from the laws that are enforced against us, I don't believe it
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:27:29 PM EDT
[#22]
I have heard of them being allot to leave after hitting you since "there is nothing we can do" accoridng to the police.  I seen it happen once

Harder to make them pay, they have ways of making you pay and you have things to lose.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:28:56 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
they are good people

You won't do well here.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:38:03 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
they are good people

BECAUSE "illegals" are by definition illegal!  

They don't pay taxes.  At least not these two shit bags with the illegal vehicles.  That means I get to pay their share.  Bastards!

Their cars likely have not been inspected and thus may have bald tires, no brakes, no lights.  Who knows.  I wonder if that will be a problem when they kill some kid in a cross walk or wipe out an entire family of 6 some night while driving down for some beers?

Crap I cannot stand illegals.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:44:05 PM EDT
[#25]
We don't have vehicle inspections here in AL. The friend of his has the front end wired togather from where he rear ended the other car from a year ago and I am sure only one front light works by the looks of the cars front end.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:49:31 PM EDT
[#26]
.... ILLEGAL Mexican "friend"... real cute... real nice...  CoC prohibits me from calling you out.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:52:04 PM EDT
[#27]
You should be ashamed of yourself for associating with them. You bitch and say how wrong it is about how they aren't citizens and got a pass, and you got a ticket, but you coddle them.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:54:13 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
they are good people

I guess until they hit you without insurance they are.  

That is when you drag them out of the car and beat the shit out of them and then go home.  It's called street justice.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:58:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Here in AZ, no DL, registration, insurance and your car is siezed. The illegals hate that law. Of course so do irresponsible dickhead citizens who don't have that stuff...
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 2:59:49 PM EDT
[#30]
It sounds like you have it pretty rough between your illegal friend, your freeloading neighbor link, and your malfunctioning "Enter" button.  At least you can talk your way out of a speeding ticket.  I have never been able to do that.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:03:44 PM EDT
[#31]
I know of an instance where a friend was hit by illegals on his motor cycle in a low speed collision.
No license, no nothing and guess what they basically got nothing and were let go.

Another guy I know driving on a suspended (which is wrong I know) got pulled over going to his other (2nd) job and guess what....hooked up and going to jail.

This illegal immigration crap has to stop.

Illegals are getting away with anything.  But I guess law enforcement knows the citizens will pay the citations.

What a crock of shit.

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:25:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Wow! 2003 is a long time for a troll account! I wish i would have thought of that, I have to post everything in one screen name.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:57:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Funny.... they all usually have a consular or Mexican ID.

We cite them if they have an ID.... depending upon the offense.

I would say more often we just take them to jail. Book them as a Juan Doe and make an ICE notification.

ICE won't grab them for the minor stuff, unless they are there already picking up others. They will at least complete the verification, put them in our system as illegal, and will take them next time we bring them in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top