Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2001 7:51:51 AM EDT
[url]www.msnbc.com/news/662735.asp?0cm=c20[/url]

And I just watched The 6th Day.....May God have mercey.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 8:15:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
[url]www.msnbc.com/news/662735.asp?0cm=c20[/url]

And I just watched The 6th Day.....May God have mercey.

Semper Fi
View Quote

Don't you love farce?
My fault, I fear.
I thought that you'd want what I want -
sorry, my dear.
And where are the clones?
Quick, send in the clones.
Don't bother, they're here.

Isn't it rich?
Isn't it queer?
Losing my timing this late
in my career?
And where are the clones?
There ought to be clones.
Well, maybe next year...
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 8:19:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Funny, when I dialed up this topic, I half-expected to see a Photoshop parody by Bunghole of NSFJojo in drag......
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 8:24:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Funny, when I dialed up this topic, I half-expected to see a Photoshop parody by Bunghole of NSFJojo in drag......
View Quote

Now that [b]IS[/b] funny!

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 8:29:40 AM EDT
[#4]
"West said that for the purposes of his company’s work, “the entities we are creating are not an individual. They are cellular life."
View Quote

"Cellular" life...

Doublespeak.  Orwell would be so pleased[IMG]http://www.freakygamers.com/smilies/s/contrib/aahmed/sad.gif[/IMG]
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 8:53:38 AM EDT
[#5]
When your kids are saved by the cloning of human cells, you will be thanking your god that she instilled such knowledge in some researcher.

How many burials are there for miscarriages?
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 1:34:55 PM EDT
[#6]
None I would think.
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 2:14:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
When your kids are saved by the cloning of human cells, you will be thanking your god that she instilled such knowledge in some researcher.

How many burials are there for miscarriages?
View Quote

Good one [8D]
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 2:20:23 PM EDT
[#8]
There ought to be clones.
Well, maybe next year...
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 2:32:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Six is having problems adjusting to his clone status.
Have to put him on a shelf....
"Please don't put me on a shelf"
All day long we hear him crying so loud....
"I just want to be myself"
"Be myself....be myself .........yeah"

---Alice Cooper--- "Clones.....We're All"

Does the end justify the means?

I think not!
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 2:43:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes there should be clones.Lets make then real strong and big .That way they can do our work for use.Maybe uses them for organ transplants.Lets not let them own guns or maybe we will be their slaves.
May God have mercy on us all....
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 2:53:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
"West said that for the purposes of his company’s work, “the entities we are creating are not an individual. They are cellular life."
View Quote

"Cellular" life...

Doublespeak.  Orwell would be so pleased[IMG]http://www.freakygamers.com/smilies/s/contrib/aahmed/sad.gif[/IMG]
View Quote

starts out innocent enough... starts out with cellular life, then digital life, then before you know it...Jamie Lee Curtis is hawking PCS life.

No_Expert
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 3:07:14 PM EDT
[#12]
A "real' scientific break-through.  This gives hope to lots of folks including my brother with a bad heart.
There are those who still believe the earth is flat - or want to.
May God continue to guide the hands of his fools.
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 3:58:50 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm waiting for the cyborgs myself.  Just think, they could take the clones and enhance them with electronics, replace the head with a computer, armor plate the torso, etc.  They would do our bidding!  No more normal people being exposed to danger.  Robocop on every corner.  Super soldiers on the battlefield.

This is all too messed up.

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url]
[b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAF Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 4:07:20 PM EDT
[#14]
The reason I have been against eugenics is that it does not benefit me.
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 6:52:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Cloning humans to be human is a rather weak reason in my opinion.  But, with the technology we develope doing the cloning research, people could get a new heart, a new pancreas, kidneys, etc, off their own DNA.  Genetic disorders could be corrected, Down's Syndrome could be corrected, hair loss prevented, breast cancer stopped, and idiot liberals bred out of existance.  Think of it, a world without cancer, genetic disorders, etc, etc.  We should not stop this research from taking place, only the actual and final act of cloning a human.  

Did I make any sense?

JRB  
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 7:00:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Makes sense to me JRB L1A1.

BBURN
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 7:03:22 PM EDT
[#17]
I thought Clinton banned cloning? What happened that GWB allowed this in the stem cell bill?
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 7:18:59 PM EDT
[#18]
What happens when cloned organ transplants become available at $800,000 a pop and the public decides that "everyone" should be eligible to have them?
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 7:32:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Just say NO to clones!  There's only enough room for one Smeghead on this Earth.
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 8:24:10 PM EDT
[#20]
"Have you ever retired a human by mistake?"

[img]http://imagep.webphotos.iwon.com//1000016957/1000016957_11262001121158AM7.143801E-02.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 8:29:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
"Have you ever retired a human by mistake?"

[img]http://imagep.webphotos.iwon.com//1000016957/1000016957_11262001121158AM7.143801E-02.jpg[/img]
View Quote

Nope. Not by [i]mistake[/i]. [}:D]
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 8:55:07 PM EDT
[#22]
All cloning is, is identical twins the hard way.

That said, I'm a little worried that cloned humans won't be accorded the same rights and priviledges that any other human being is, simply because they came about differently. But I think we'll see through that; slavery is bad, etc.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 6:40:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Cloning, and stem cell research is important to those people suffering from many diseases and disorders.

If you were in that position you might feel differently. I know in that my situation, with a loved one suffering from a stroke, and from going to Support Groups and seeing others suffering and dealing with doctors and medications, the promise this offers is worthy of further study.

Then there's cancer, Alzheimers, heart disease and many others, all things that will touch all of your lives sooner or later. I support technologies that search for an end to suffering.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 7:00:42 AM EDT
[#24]
At last I found a loophole in that court ordered "you shall not procreate"your to dangerous crap![whacko]
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 7:11:00 AM EDT
[#25]
The President just stated on CSPAN that he is opposed to creating life in order to harvest organs & destroying life in the process.

A tough topic to get around.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 7:35:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm waiting for the cyborgs myself
View Quote
Already here.  There are people out there with pump-augmented hearts, artificial valves in their hearts, artificial lenses in their eyes, artificial joints, synthetic replacement bones, etc.  They are, by definition, cyborg - part human, part machine.  

People augmented with microprocessors are coming up - electronic stimulation of the sight centers of the brain to restore rudimentary "vision" to the blind, electronic "spinal bypass" circuitry to enable the paraplegic to use their limbs, etc.

The question is this:  Is an embryo a human being?  To the religious, there isn't even a question.  To the pragmatic, it [i]can[/i] be, but the question is [i]when[/i].  As heilo put it, how many funerals are there for miscarriages?

I'm sorry, but a clump of cells in a petri-dish is not a human being.  If (when) they somehow manage to bring an embryo (cloned or not) to full term outside a human womb, then that [i]will[/i] be a human being with all the rights that you or I (may still) have.

The question is, what do we do about the intermediate period?  When do we draw the line and say that it is a being with rights?  Right now, legally, it is until birth.  Too loose.  The fanatically anti-abortion oriented say "at conception".  Too tight.  Who gets to play Goldielocks and determine what's "just right"?
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 10:18:38 AM EDT
[#27]
so how long before "Brave New World"?
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 11:59:21 AM EDT
[#28]
OK AR fans
This is not the first human cloning and these people never got past the 16 cell stage.
There have been others that went over 500 cells but they were not publihed in anything that would go public.
I am for this as the only thing that can fix my visual deficit from my stroke is
STEM CELLS
cpermd
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 12:14:46 PM EDT
[#29]
First human embryo cloned
View Quote

This scared to hell out of me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top