Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2008 6:40:30 AM EDT
I saw this on the news this morning and found this article. (searched and found nothing so sorry if it's a dupe).

This is just beyond belief.

Infant killed by a 7 yr old in day care
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 6:42:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Eye for eye.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 6:44:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats exactly why I refuse to let anyone but me or my wife watch my little girl. I rather quit my job then put my kid in a day care facility.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 6:48:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 6:53:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Corporate daycare is raising generations of American children because mom and dad are convinced by clever marketing that they need two new cars, huge house in the best part of town, expensive vacations, newest everything, five day a week after school activities/dance/soccer/Tball/swimming/etc.

Don't fall for the bait people. The man behind the curtain is not your friend.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 7:54:00 AM EDT
[#5]
THAT is one of the reasons why my kids will not go to daycare. When I was married to my first wife, we worked opposite shifts so that one of us would always be home with the kids, and on the rare occasion when we worked the same shift, the kids would be watched by a trusted family member. With my new wife, she works nights so that she can be home with the kids while I am at work. Cuts into my sleep since I have to get up to pick her up from work, but it is worth it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 8:29:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 8:49:11 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thats exactly why I refuse to let anyone but me or my wife watch my little girl. I rather quit my job then put my kid in a day care facility.

+1
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 8:55:33 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Corporate daycare is raising generations of American children because mom and dad are convinced by clever marketing that they need two new cars, huge house in the best part of town, expensive vacations, newest everything, five day a week after school activities/dance/soccer/Tball/swimming/etc.

Don't fall for the bait people. The man behind the curtain is not your friend.

The most convincing argument I've heard actually relates to the "earning power" of the family when supported by one worker (pre-1970) as opposed to the "two income" household and how it was affected by the women's movement kicking into high gear late 60's early 70's.

The "earning power" of the two parent household is the same, but now relies on two lesser incomes to provide the same as one did "back in the day".

ding...ding...ding.

I actually heard a female caller on the radio make the statement 'the only giving women the right to vote did was double the cost of a loaf of bread'
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 9:02:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Thats why I'm a stay at home Dad.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 9:12:15 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Thats why I'm a stay at home Dad.

That's awesome.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 9:21:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top