Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2008 6:51:55 PM EDT
Any good? Anyone have them? Some dude just came to my door. Just curious. Don't have an alarm and maybe I should get one ha.

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:06:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine too.  I live in SV.

If you get an alarm in SV go with a company that has a local presence.

"APX" is yet another name for a band of crooks with lots of BBB complaints against them.

They tried a bait and switch on me with the monthly rate and I gave them the boot.

DO NOT let them in your house.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:19:21 AM EDT
[#2]
They came to my door 2 weeks ago.

Would not give a straight answer. Kept saying "Free equipment, free install". I kept saying, "So it won't cost me a cent, ever?" "Nope, the equipment and install is free, just for the opportunity to put the sign in your yard..it's a marketing thing".

Tell him, "Great. I'll let you install it and I'll have it call my current $11/mo monitoring service, rather than your $35/mo service". Wait for the stammering and back peddling to begin.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top