Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2008 5:30:12 AM EDT
Cross post from General Class 3

So I've been doing some research into setting up a corp for NFA toys and stumbled across this line of thought:

The safest practice, and the one that would be most useful if transfers were ever frozen, would be to form a separate corp or LLC for every NFA firearm. Future change of ownership could skip ATF entirely, just sell the company to a non-prohibited person, and the asset goes with it

Just think of how pissed the ATF would get if people started doing this.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 5:33:00 AM EDT
[#1]
whoa...

I guess if you're the sole grantor of a trust, you can amend it to make anyone you want a trustee... but I don't think you can just give someone your trust, can you?  

nevermind.   I see you're talking corps.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 5:33:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Huh.

That is very interesting.  I'm selling my company that owns an SBR, wanna buy it?

No doubt that there would be all sorts of new regulations if this becomes popular.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 5:34:42 AM EDT
[#3]
If you were ever confronted you had better make damn sure you have some kind of documentation showing you as ceo or whatever corp officer for that corporation.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 5:39:01 AM EDT
[#4]
With speculation that the ATF may stop allowing corporate and trust transfers without CLEO signoff, or all together, I could see this as a surefire way to make the ATF force people to go the individual route only.

Especially with the way the ATF has its way with making up its own rules as they go....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top