Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2001 5:33:39 PM EDT
 Saving Pvt. Ryan is on ABC . I forgot how great that first battle scene is . Not to mention the whole movie . Saw the preview for
" Blackhawk Down " it looks good too .

By the way ... Happy Veterans Day to all you vets .  I appreciate your service .
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 5:55:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 6:08:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I've only watched a bit because it can't beat my DVD.  But it does look totally unedited.  I think this is the first time I've heard fuck, fucking etc on regular TV.  

Blackhawk down trailer looked good.  I didn't know Tom Sizemore was in that, cool.

Link Posted: 11/11/2001 7:37:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, it was completely unedited.  Between that and Uprising that is more language on network TV than I have ever seen or heard.  
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 7:47:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 9:42:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Schindler's List also had full nudity.  It says something for the pull that Spielberg must have.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 9:19:14 AM EDT
[#6]
This may have already been discussed, but here goes.  When I was watching it on TV, I noticed that toward the end, the "Johnny-on-the-spot" guy seem to be carrying machine gun ammo links WITHOUT PRIMERS.  Can anyone confirm this?

Also, usually German 20mm AA's have shield protecting their crew, but the one in the movie does not.  Without the shield the gunners would have been easily dispatched, but somehow the bullets kept bouncing off, A-Team style.

I can go on, but I think this is a good war movie ruined by its plot.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 9:28:42 AM EDT
[#7]
The movie was unedited...guts..gore..all there. There was a guy carrying his shot off arm, one with no face, one with his guts spilled on the ground, one taking a round through the forehead. If the leftests, like Hillary, don't think our soldiers deserve more, then I say to hell with them.
On another note, I found it interesting that the 20 was unshielded when it was viewed directly, but when viewed from the tower where our sniper was, it had one. I believe that shot was of a real one. I liked the Browning that the guy from Brooklyn carried. Anyone know if you can get a semi version of that? I also had heard that the M-1 made a unique "ching" when the shooter's mag box popped up empty - alerting the enemy you were out of ammo. They actually showed that in the movie too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top