User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/6/2001 1:53:04 PM EDT
[url]http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/33610.htm[/url]

God bless America.

radioman
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 4:35:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like people are finally catching on.  These cops aren't.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 12:04:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 12:53:46 AM EDT
[#3]

"People need to know that throwing items at the car was very dangerous," Monroe County Sheriff's spokeswoman Becky Herrin said.

And chasing a speeding vehicle isn't dangerous?
I guess only authorized dipshits are suposed to do dangerous things.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 4:59:51 AM EDT
[#4]
"People need to know that throwing items at the car was very dangerous," Monroe County Sheriff's spokeswoman Becky Herrin said.
View Quote

Sorry, Becky, but the point is that [b]criminals[/b] need to know that [b]carjacking[/b] is very dangerous.  
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 5:05:17 AM EDT
[#5]
From the article -

[i]Fearing the chase would cause a severe accident, sheriff's deputies abandoned it, and decided to set road spikes a few miles south of Key Largo.

The spikes apparently blew out the hijacked car's tires, but Costello drove for several miles on the rims of the tires before he ran off the road and jumped out of the moving vehicle - which ran over his leg. [/i]

Give that car jacker a Darwin Award!!!!!!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top