Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2001 10:07:37 PM EDT
How does one go about converting MP3 files / songs to audio files / songs that I can listen to in my car.  I have a CD burner but the CD player in my car can't recognize/play the CD that I created.  Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 10:16:55 PM EDT
[#1]
There are programs that will convert .MP3 files to .CDA files.  MusicMatch Jukebox comes to mind.

[url]www.musicmatch.com[/url]
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 10:19:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Some programs like the Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 will let you burn MP3s as audio tracks that can be played on your car stereo.  Otherwise, you'll have to decompress the MP3 into a WAV file, then write the WAV file as an audio track.  Most CD audio writers require the music to be in the form of a WAV file for it to be written as an audio track.

If you use Winamp, it can convert a MP3 into a WAV file if you change the Output in Preferences to "NullSoft Disk Writer plug-in".  It will then write any MP3 file you play as a WAV file until you change it back to "NullSoft wavOut plug-in".

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url]
[b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAF Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 6:01:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Musicmatch jukebox is a great program... easy to use.

Just make certain you have about 800 free megs of HD space.. when you rip the MP3 to .wav or .cda the compression of hte MP3 is no more... its been a year or so since I last did one but I seem to remember that a 3meg MP3 is roughly 27 or 28 megs as a .wav or .cda

Perhaps someone has done it more recently and could supply a more accurate set of numbers?
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 6:29:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Musicmatch jukebox is a great program... easy to use.

Just make certain you have about 800 free megs of HD space.. when you rip the MP3 to .wav or .cda the compression of hte MP3 is no more... its been a year or so since I last did one but I seem to remember that a 3meg MP3 is roughly 27 or 28 megs as a .wav or .cda

Perhaps someone has done it more recently and could supply a more accurate set of numbers?
View Quote

only thing i hate about music match jukebox is that it wants to highjack my defualt mp3 player [:(]
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 1:09:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Do a Google search for "mp32wav".  It's a standalone conversion program which does a good job.

One warning, if the directory you specify for output doesn't exist, it crashes without any hint of why.  If you tell it to write to "c:\audioout" (for example), be sure that that directory exists before you start the program.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 5:48:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I like Nero for burning because it automatically converts the mp3 to cda. I use MusicMatch for ripping songs off of CD's to create mp3's.

Make sure you use a CDR not a CDRW because your cd player in your car will most likely not play it.

Good Luck!
ps. I know some places to get full versions of both if you need them.

Ybbeat
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 12:51:44 PM EDT
[#7]
winamp, a free mp3 player has an option to output to a wav file. that's what I use, then I burn an audio cd with the wav files
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top