Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2008 7:44:51 PM EDT
I'm trying to find some better avenues for meeting girls. I'm getting tired of the bar scene, and I'm not to sure about any of the online dating sites. I recently set up a Myspace site to keep in touch with friends in other states....and I've noticed there there are plenty of very cute single girls in my area.

I've never really messed with meeting people "online". I usually just walk up to them in person and strike up a conversation...and go from there.  What is the best way to get something going with someone from Myspace? Where do you start?

If I see someone on Myspace that looks like they may be fun to go out with....what would be a good message to send to them?  

I'm pretty lost here....I don't even know where to start. I have no problem meeting girls....but trying to find girls that are my age (30), don't have kids, have never been married, and don't have any kids or any kind of baggage, and are actually "professional".....is hard to do at a bar.

What's a good message to send to someone that I don't even know...but I would like to meet ?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 7:45:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Paging Roo's troll account.  Roo's troll account to this thread please.

eta:  Bring Swingset with you!
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 7:50:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Myspace is the debil. It will destroy your life.  Look at these poor souls

Use Craigslist. More anonymity and control.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 7:52:32 PM EDT
[#3]
If your trying to meet "professional" women on myspace you might have a problem.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 7:54:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What's a good message to send to someone that I don't even know...but I would like to meet ?

"You seem pretty interesting."

Then add some sort of question, like "I see that you [fish/hike/make tiny spanish galleons in bottles], that's pretty cool, what got you started with that?"

It's just like talking to them in person...but slower.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 7:54:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Sure, if you're looking for sex.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 7:58:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't "meet up" with or hit on wimminz online. Consequently, I can't be much help.

If I wanted to though. I'd just try to find similar nerdy geeks like me who have similar interests and tastes.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 8:01:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone have The 'Roo's guide to online/myspace dating kickin around anywhere?

Masterpiece.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 8:01:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

WHO is Roo ?
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 8:02:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WHO is Roo ?

A former Arfcomer who made threads about meeting wimminz on myspace.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 8:03:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WHO is Roo ?

Ex-ARFCOMer that posted an ass ton of b/s about his dates with trauma victims.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 8:04:04 PM EDT
[#11]
My friend meets all his girlfriends on Myspace.

100% of them have been bat shit crazy.

AYOR
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 8:04:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WHO is Roo ?

A very cool guy who met some interesting wimminz through myspace.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 8:04:40 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

+1 I hope Roo is around here somewhere.  If not, let me know and I will send you a link to his myspace page.  He is the master at picking up chicks online.

-Ben
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 8:05:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Good luck. Just try the dating sites and even Craigslist.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 8:05:19 PM EDT
[#15]
If you use Myspace, your gonna need one of these...

Link Posted: 1/22/2008 8:05:51 PM EDT
[#16]
This will not end well.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 8:06:20 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 I hope Roo is around here somewhere.  If not, let me know and I will send you a link to his myspace page.  He is the master at picking up chicks online.

-Ben

Post the link so we can all see how much of a cyber pimp he is.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 8:10:29 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Ben

Post the link so we can all see how much of a cyber pimp he is.

Roo's myspace.

He actually finally got hooked by someone last I talked to him, and has cleaned up his act a lot.  He had an, as he called it, "myspace genocide" of all the women who where friends with him. I'm sure you can find some interesting stories, and I'm willing to bet he would be happy to add any of the Arfcrew as a friend.

-Ben

Edited cause I dunno WTF happened when I copied and pasted before.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 8:11:48 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I'm trying to find some better avenues for meeting girls. I'm getting tired of the bar scene, and I'm not to sure about any of the online dating sites. I recently set up a Myspace site to keep in touch with friends in other states....and I've noticed there there are plenty of very cute single girls in my area.

I've never really messed with meeting people "online". I usually just walk up to them in person and strike up a conversation...and go from there.  What is the best way to get something going with someone from Myspace? Where do you start?

If I see someone on Myspace that looks like they may be fun to go out with....what would be a good message to send to them?  

I'm pretty lost here....I don't even know where to start. I have no problem meeting girls....but trying to find girls that are my age (30), don't have kids, have never been married, and don't have any kids or any kind of baggage, and are actually "professional".....is hard to do at a bar.

Thanks

Your kidding right?
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 8:22:52 PM EDT
[#20]
I've met 2 or 3 women off myspace.  I found that getting right to the point works best.

"Hi, I'm freerider04.  I was looking around for people to meet in the xxxxxx area.  You sound like a pretty interesting person.  (ask some question pertaining to that persons interest)"

Wait for reply.

Lather, rinse, repeat.  The more women you ask, the better your chances.

It helps to have a good profile.  Include some good pictures, a descriptive "about me" section, and things like that.  Sell yourself.

I've gotten away from the online thing since I've found I am absolutely fearless approaching one particular woman in a group.  I can pick one out, move in, and end up befriending the whole group, while still showing my interest in the original woman.  I'm still too chicken to go after the lone girls
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 8:36:30 PM EDT
[#21]
dude, your 30, myspace is a pool of underage girls wearing bikinis and taking pics of each other, and an old pedifiles best wet dream. i myself have gotten pussy from myspace, but now im 22, not 16
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 8:52:27 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sure, if you're looking for sex.

Myspace isn't much better for relationships.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 8:54:11 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
dude, your 30, myspace is a pool of underage girls wearing bikinis and taking pics of each other, and an old pedifiles best wet dream. i myself have gotten pussy from myspace, but now im 22, not 16

He's 30?
Yea, I'd avoid myspace.
The majority of single women your age on myspace are either crazies or uglies.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 9:11:32 PM EDT
[#24]
A friend of mine keeps in touch with a girl we went to high school with. She was a ho back then and still is. She is 38. I hear stories all the time about her meeting dudes off of MySpace. She has a stable of guys all the time, like 4 or 5 in rotation and the names always change that she has met on that site. She fucks them all. My point is that you are more than likely going to meet someone just like this if you are looking to get laid from MySpace. Don't say I didnt warn you.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 9:15:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Roo's TRUE MySpace page

Ok.  This is Roo's TRUE Myspace page.  I dont know who the one posted up a few above me is, but its not Roo.

And Yes...  Roo has found Julie in CA and has been traveling back and forth and right now, seems happy as a pig in slop.

Those who know him...  make sure you run over and kick him.  Those who dont...  He is a hell of a guy! Say hello to him anyways!
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 9:29:13 PM EDT
[#26]
there is plenty of older women on my space
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 9:55:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Don't talk to my daughter's on MySpace they will take your money.......
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 10:05:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 10:12:36 PM EDT
[#29]
I have met a few thru myspace and lots thru yahoo (prior to myspace)

One of the ones from myspace was my GF and I still talk to a few from yahoo even though I am in Germany.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 10:33:40 PM EDT
[#30]
You guys can laugh and flame away, but here is my lstory and suggestion.  I was in the military, and didn't wana meet girls from NC, i wanted to line up some possible women back in NY. So i tried match.com (sucked, ugly fatties) yahoolove (sucked, no turnover, same uglie fatties) and then while goofing on hotornot.com, i saw that you could pay 5 bucks and e-mail the girls, When i was deployed, i had 2 girls back home that were my MWR program on leave. Then when i got home for good i met a really sweet girl on there, have been dating for 2, and are getting married in a year. Now it might sound geeky, but we as men have certian look that we go for.  When your in a bar, you look for chicks with that look.  Why not skip the drinks and other BS and just get there number and talk to em. Also, "professional" women don't hang out in bars too much. They spend time alone at home, and on a lonley friday night they jump on these sites, be it myspace, yahoo, match............ and see if they can get a man. You go be that man. :)

Ps look out for outdated pictures, and look at there arms, fat arms increast the online FP (Fattie potential) and are a clue in that that chick likes the entire pizza and chicken wings.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 7:12:00 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Roo's TRUE MySpace page

Ok.  This is Roo's TRUE Myspace page.  I dont know who the one posted up a few above me is, but its not Roo.

And Yes...  Roo has found Julie in CA and has been traveling back and forth and right now, seems happy as a pig in slop.

Those who know him...  make sure you run over and kick him.  Those who dont...  He is a hell of a guy! Say hello to him anyways!

Thanks for catching that.  I dunno how that happened, I guess that http://www.myspace.com/kangaro shows up at the top of the internet browser when on Roo's page, but his addy is actually http://www.myspace.com/kangaroo12001...I just typed it out before.  Sorry for that.

-Ben
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top