Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2008 4:05:16 PM EDT
"Security Now" deals with computer security and viruses/malware/encryption. etc etc

You can go here for more info, great utilities and the latest podcast. You can also go to ITUNES and subscribe to it to download automatically for you.

I found this great utility for any Microsoft OS too. www.heise-security.co.uk/articles/80682

I have learned SOOO much from this podcast in the last several episodes....

Here are links for past episodes as well as low bandwidth versions for non-broadband users.
www.grc.com/securitynow.htm

S.O.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 4:11:00 PM EDT
[#1]
yea, I listen to em. Good stuff.

Oh, and turn off UPnP on your routers
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 4:17:37 PM EDT
[#2]
  A show on Symmetric ciphers...I'm in.  I still dont
understand Rjindael (AES).  This is pretty good.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 5:02:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

He goes on to explain it and break it down so even a lay person can understand it. That's one of the things I like about these guys. They don't talk over your head and expect you to get it.

Did you hear that the digital picture frames  have been confirmed to be spreading viruses and malware even new from the facotry or retailers? People are loading them with virues and then when you plug it into your computer...stick a fork in it.....  Learned that on their show...

S.O.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 5:33:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He goes on to explain it and break it down so even a lay person can understand it. That's one of the things I like about these guys. They don't talk over your head and expect you to get it.

Did you hear that the digital picture frames  have been confirmed to be spreading viruses and malware even new from the facotry or retailers? People are loading them with virues and then when you plug it into your computer...stick a fork in it.....  Learned that on their show...

S.O.

they did the same with with cheap mp3 players a couple of years ago (made in china, of course)....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top