Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2008 8:08:19 AM EDT
I can make the assumption that there are many here that buy their "gear" on the net... "net gear"

I would like to have your opinions on what it is that you like or dislike.

In plain terms what keeps you happy with a company you are buying from and what pisses you off to make you not deal with them again.

This is NOT a company bashing post! No names need to be given of companies that have done you wrong or you have a perceived bad opinion about. I want to know what you like or hate about buying your netgear.

The two sides if you will what will keep you buying from that company and what will make you say "screw them!"
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 8:12:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I assume you are asking about buying gun and shooting gear on the internet

I buy from CDNN, cheaper than dirt, the sportsmans guide. For emergancy prep type stuff I like beprepared.com myself.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 8:14:16 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I assume you are asking about buying gun and shooting gear on the internet

I buy from CDNN, cheaper than dirt, the sportsmans guide. For emergancy prep type stuff I like beprepared.com myself.

Yes buying your guns and gear on the net as you have stated... what I am more interested in is what will make you stay with one company as opposed to another and what would piss you off to the extent that you would not deal with a company agin... also what you might like to see from your "netgear" dealer.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 8:14:54 AM EDT
[#3]
On the ...  it's easy! Make your order, wait, and Mister Mail-man brings it to your door. You save money on gas, driving around looking.

The ...   You can't pick it up, look at the item and decide if that is what you really want.   You can't "side-by-side" compare two items/parts/assemblies and pick which one you like best.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 8:16:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I tend to buy from companies who have an ad on arfcom.  Seriously.  They know their business is on the line, and a bad reputation could hurt a lot.  I've never had bad relations with any of the arfcom dealers I have dealt with, so it must work.

eta:
one thing I hate is the whole "call us for a price" stuff.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 8:17:46 AM EDT
[#5]
has anyone had "bad" experiences with online netgear... what were they? and what would you like to see more of from "your" retailers?

one thing I hate is the whole "call us for a price" stuff.

Thats the type info I am looking for... thanx
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 8:19:17 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
...what would piss you off to the extent that you would not deal with a company again...

I think the best answer I can give to this is: endorsing a presidential candidate who has signed Assault Weapons Bans while your company sells so-called Assault Weapons.

That tends to piss me off, but you know, I'm not naming any names or anything.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 8:21:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Do we still hate M&A Parts?

The Houston (iirc) gunshow Vader incident?
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 8:22:50 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Sorry i am not familiar with this "incident"...  what happened? and was this a net transaction?
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 8:28:55 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Wasn't that model 1 sales?

Regardless, their parts suck ass.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 8:35:39 AM EDT
[#10]
I buy a lot of things online not just gun stuff. I have a 1980 Corvette and a 1977 Jeep that I've restored; most of the parts were bought online. The internet lets you price shop for some good deals.

I look for established companies with well designed websites. For gun stuff I look at the sponsors of AR15.com first.

I stay away from "Call for Prices".

Sites that keep the "In Stock" /"Out of Stock" status updated are my favorite.

Almost all of the sites I deal with give prompt order and shipping notice with tracking numbers.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 8:56:04 AM EDT
[#11]

"I stay away from "Call for Prices".

Sites that keep the "In Stock" /"Out of Stock" status updated are my favorite.

Almost all of the sites I deal with give prompt order and shipping notice with tracking numbers."

yep... this kind of info is what I am looking for..
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 9:03:00 AM EDT
[#12]
ETA   ... no other opinions?
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 10:46:59 AM EDT
[#13]
bump for opinions folks..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top