Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2008 2:05:22 AM EDT
and Arfcom at 6am on a Sunday is like watching paint dry. I need to go see a Doc about this.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 2:07:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm with you...
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 2:09:01 AM EDT
[#2]
+1

although its only 5 am here. i am bad at sleeping
booze helps
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 2:36:33 AM EDT
[#3]
They don;t like it when I sleep at work
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 2:38:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I read 100x more than I post. I can catch up reading most of the posts at this hour, not during the day.

Kent
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 2:43:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Whenever I'm online at 6:45 in the morning, it means I'm at the tail end of a night shift. I'll be going home in about 30 minutes and sleeping until about 4 in the afternoon.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 2:48:50 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Whenever I'm online at 6:45 in the morning, it means I'm at the tail end of a night shift. I'll be going home in about 30 minutes and sleeping until about 4 in the afternoon.

+1  

Right there next to ya, bud.

And OP, try some benadryl... cheap, over-the-counter, non-habit-forming, and about 50mg drops me like a TAP round.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 2:53:53 AM EDT
[#7]
I take 400mg of Seroquel and 3mg of Xanax; otherwise I won't sleep at all....
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 2:55:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Sunday mornings are the only morning I wake up to a day I have obligations to no one, so I should be sleeping late, but I wake up earlier when I goto sleep with less stress about the next day.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 3:00:16 AM EDT
[#9]

My sleep schedule is so screwed up now, I've been up since about this time yesterday, I'll be up until tonight, trying to get my schedule straightened out.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 3:03:53 AM EDT
[#10]
I've been up since 6:00 because I like to have a cup of coffee and surf for a bit before the family wakes.  Also, I like to finish my coffee before my daughter wakes up since she wants to share it.  Have you ever seen a two year old on caffeine?  I made that mistake exactly once.  Not pretty.

Also sad to say... I get up mucy earlier than 6:00 during the work week, so I slept in this morning.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 3:05:36 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

That's quite a bit of Xanax... have they tried weaing that one? (difficult, because it is probably the most habit-forming of all the Benzodiazepines).  Benzos (like xanax, valium, ativan, etc) screw up your normal sleep stages (specifically REM and Slow-wave sleep)... they're really not a good choice for long-term use as a sleeping pill.  

ETA:  you're taking the Xanax as an anti-anxiety agent, right?  Not as a sleeping pill?

ETA2:  Weaning xanax can be difficult, not only because of the addiction potential, but because stopping it cold-turkey can lead to a pretty serious withdrawal syndrome... can even be fatal in some cases (just like DTs from alcohol).

Don't take this post as medical advice... I'm not licensed in your state
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 3:25:01 AM EDT
[#12]
 Just got up after 7.5 hrs of sleep. Wanna sleep better?...then retire. Makes sleeping a breeze!!
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 4:17:46 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's quite a bit of Xanax... have they tried weaing that one? (difficult, because it is probably the most habit-forming of all the Benzodiazepines).  Benzos (like xanax, valium, ativan, etc) screw up your normal sleep stages (specifically REM and Slow-wave sleep)... they're really not a good choice for long-term use as a sleeping pill.  

ETA:  you're taking the Xanax as an anti-anxiety agent, right?  Not as a sleeping pill?

ETA2:  Weaning xanax can be difficult, not only because of the addiction potential, but because stopping it cold-turkey can lead to a pretty serious withdrawal syndrome... can even be fatal in some cases (just like DTs from alcohol).

Don't take this post as medical advice... I'm not licensed in your state

I suffer from a severe form of Bipolar with extreme forms of mania/mood swings and side dishes of anxiety plus panic attacks. This regimen is considered non-standard treatment as all the standard ones have failed up to this point. I've been seeing a psych for over 19 years to deal with this. FWIW, I've been taking Xanax for about 6 years now and although I'm considered dependent, the regimen works......for now...
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 4:33:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Having trouble sleeping too, but I have a 2 week old little girl.  Makes for difficult sleeping.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 7:44:46 AM EDT
[#15]
I have allways had problems falling asleep and have tried everything. I would say the biggest help for me was when I changed my diet. No mello yello past 2pm. just water. It really helped me sleep better and I have almost stopped grinding my teeth. Be very very careful with chemical sleep aids. By the way, moat people sleep much better when the bedroom is cold.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 7:47:38 AM EDT
[#16]
12.5mg of Ambien CR.  Works most nights, last night it still took 3 hours to fall asleep though.  Been taking it every night for about a year and a half.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 8:00:22 AM EDT
[#17]
I used to have a lot of sleeping problems when I worked from home. I wouldn't be able to sleep for more then 2-3 hours at a stretch, so I would do that twice a day for a total of 4-6 hours a day.

Now that I am back to a normal job I still only can sleep for 5-6 hours straight. Oh, well I have always been like that. I haven't slept for more then 7 hours straight in 5-6 years.

What's funny is my little brother can sleep for 13-14 hours straight with no problem.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 8:10:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Get a sleep study done. Most likely that'll tell you what the problem is, or at least point the doc in the right direction.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top