Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2008 8:49:37 PM EDT
List of emergency supplies

there is no talk about defending you or your family members on this site

I would think that in an attack that might be a possibility you have to plan for....

I guess they figure the military/LEO community will handle that aspect...you just make it to your "SAFE PLACE"
Link Posted: 1/10/2008 8:51:45 PM EDT
[#1]
They gotta make it sheeple friendly or else someone will get sand in their mangina and complain about it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2008 8:52:47 PM EDT
[#2]
It would scare people to say they should have a gun in case someone wants to do unspeakable things to them. It would allude they are not in control of the situation.

Remember, the only one responsible for you and your own is you.
Link Posted: 1/10/2008 8:54:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I have all that and more. That seems to be a very light list
Link Posted: 1/10/2008 8:54:38 PM EDT
[#4]
A bit naive to rely on a list that doesn't list a firearm as an item of importance during a disaster wouldn't you say?
Link Posted: 1/10/2008 8:55:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
A bit naive to rely on a list that doesn't list a firearm as an item of importance during a disaster wouldn't you say?

I would you would but the Federal Gov. would not
Link Posted: 1/10/2008 9:08:28 PM EDT
[#6]
.fed is the ultimate nanny. The institution is so PC it's f'in disgusting..
Link Posted: 1/10/2008 9:13:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Well of course not.

That list is just to keep you alive long enough to get you to the local superdome.
Link Posted: 1/10/2008 9:15:49 PM EDT
[#8]
  You didnt get the memo, did you...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-taU9d26wT4

ETA:    I recommend  59/66 SKS rifles to locals here who are preparing.  Cheap and effective.
Link Posted: 1/11/2008 10:06:20 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
  You didnt get the memo, did you...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-taU9d26wT4

ETA:    I recommend  59/66 SKS rifles to locals here who are preparing.  Cheap and effective.

I got the memo...but man I still think its funny...
Link Posted: 1/11/2008 10:11:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 12:16:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I just thought about this....not even a knife......or is there a multi tool on there I refuse to look
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 12:20:27 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I have all that and more. That seems to be a very light list

seriously.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 12:21:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Baaaaaaaaa! Rely on us to keep you safe.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 12:25:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I would think that in an attack that might be a possibility you have to plan for....

I guess they figure the military/LEO community will handle that aspect...you just make it to your "SAFE PLACE"

Since 'ready.gov' is about terrorism - particularly NBC attack (last I checked), firearms have little to no role in the preps they advocate...

Terrorists do not attack in ways that give you an opportunity to shoot them...

As for post-attack looting & such, they are assuming a contaminated environment where everyone either (A) evacuated the area, or (B) is holed up in their 'safe room' waiting for decon units to come get them...

As for other disasters (hurricanes, floods, etc) you will never see the government advocating you stay behind (something they are very right about) so preps amount to 'have your critical papers & info in an accessable place, and enough fuel/food to evac to safety'...

Encouraging you to stay in a disaster area and 'defend your home' rather than pull pitch & call the insurance company is NOT on their agenda...

And so on...

It makes sense, based on what their mission is...
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 12:28:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Since 'ready.gov' is about terrorism - particularly NBC attack (last I checked), firearms have little to no role in the preps they advocate...

As for post-attack looting & such, they are assuming a contaminated environment where everyone either (A) evacuated the area, or (B) is holed up in their 'safe room' waiting for decon units to come get them...

As for other disasters (hurricanes, floods, etc) you will never see the government advocating you stay behind (something they are very right about) so preps amount to 'have your critical papers & info in an accessable place, and enough fuel/food to evac to safety'...

Encouraging you to stay in a disaster area and 'defend your home' rather than pull pitch & call the insurance company is NOT on their agenda...

And so on...

NOLA....LA RIOTS....etc...it is a real threat..I think at least worth a foot note...
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 12:29:00 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And so on...

ok i see your point but down here in south FL they have signs for the ready.gov shit everywhere and their billing it for hurricanes and after that kind of event you need a fucking gun.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 12:29:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Man watching that video made my blood boil!
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 12:31:26 PM EDT
[#18]
My liberal brother -call him DAVE
1995-what gun should I get to protect my family
me - start with a pump shot gun or a 22 and learn how to use it

pre-y2k what gun  ....
me-just get any gun and learn how to use it

post katrina-brother what gun to protect from riots,,,,
me get any gun.........

yesterday at my house ( his birthday party )
I got so sick of him never getting a gun so I picked out a good surplus one

Happy B-day-heres a M44 commie gun with cleaner kit, sling. gun case and 600 rounds of ammo in two tins-now go learn how to use it .....

Best part was watching his wife and kids panic-best $250 present for his 40th  We shot it in the dark for added effect and his wife was terrorized.  Priceless.

He did take it home today when the left after lunch
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 12:36:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Just imagine if they suggested every household have:
AR-15
Glock 9mm...

this thread would then be swamped with those who think the AK is a better weapon and that Glocks explode.  They would be refuted by the AR lovers and the Glock lovers.  

It would be a long thread.  

That site is a starting place.  You complain about the government doing sooo much that they're a nanny state, then whine when their website doesn't cover everything required for the Great Zombie Invasion of '09.  

Make up your mind.

Massive catastrophies are required to cull the least common demoninator every once in a while.  You've got to be incredibly stupid to not see the value of a firearm in any kind of preparation.
Matt
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 12:40:44 PM EDT
[#20]

What ya think the whistle is for!!! what more could you POSSIBLY need to do but blow that whistle in a bad situation

Its funny to me... I carry more shit than is on that list in my JEEP.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 12:41:25 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Just imagine if they suggested every household have:
AR-15
Glock 9mm...

this thread would then be swamped with those who think the AK is a better weapon and that Glocks explode.  They would be refuted by the AR lovers and the Glock lovers.  

It would be a long thread.  

That site is a starting place.  You complain about the government doing sooo much that they're a nanny state, then whine when their website doesn't cover everything required for the Great Zombie Invasion of '09.  

Make up your mind.

Massive catastrophies are required to cull the least common demoninator every once in a while.  You've got to be incredibly stupid to not see the value of a firearm in any kind of preparation.
Matt

nope just asking for a small foot note....information....
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 12:44:20 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

DUH!  When you show up at the government camp the military forces you to take "refuge" in, they don't want you to be able to stop them from distributing the food you're "Hoarding" to the 100,000 welfare addicts who didn't prepare at all.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 12:45:40 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

DUH!  When you show up at the government camp the military forces you to take "refuge" in, they don't want you to be able to stop them from distributing the food you're "Hoarding" to the 100,000 welfare addicts who didn't prepare at all.

I wonder how close to the truth that is...
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 12:49:11 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, it's a grand conspiracy...  
Matt
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 12:49:22 PM EDT
[#25]
If Arfcom members were to live in the same community, we'd each have at least two ARs and a sidearm when we evacuate.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 12:51:26 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
If Arfcom members were to live in the same community, we'd each have at least two ARs and a sidearm when we evacuate.

Why would we evacuate - who the hell would challenge us?
Matt
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 5:23:05 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why would we evacuate - who the hell would challenge us?
Matt

BATFE
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 8:49:41 AM EDT
[#28]
www.nytimes.com/2005/09/09/national/nationalspecial/09storm.html

www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/09/08/AR2005090802089.html

"When you get 15 M-16s pointed at you and they line you up against the wall, it's kind of scary," said Guidos, 55.

Don't worry... they're from the government and they're here to help us.

www.reason.com/news/show/32966.html

Last week, we saw an awful truth in New Orleans: A disaster can bring out predators ready to loot, rampage, and pillage the moment that they have the opportunity. Now we are seeing another awful truth: There is no shortage of police officers and National Guardsmen who will obey illegal orders to threaten peaceful citizens at gunpoint and confiscate their firearms.

Link Posted: 1/21/2008 9:10:42 AM EDT
[#29]
.gov/.mil = no guns for Citizens.    
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 9:21:54 AM EDT
[#30]
It just isn't ready.gov that fails to mention firearms at all during survival.

Look at the History Channel or Discovery Shows about survival they almost never mention firearms.

Oh well, I figure only a retarded liberal would be stupid enough to not keep a firearm even after they recognized the needs to emergency supplies.

Just would be nice for people to not act so damn afraid of the liberals sometimes.

Link Posted: 1/21/2008 9:24:17 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, we know police officers were looting the Walmart during Katrina.  

I would fully expect police officers to come looking for preps door-to-door at some point if a disaster had become too long in duration.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top