Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2001 6:22:36 PM EDT
I have read many books over the years and used to go camping a lot as a young man. However due to my job and lifestyle now I rarely make it into the woods anymore. So I bought some books and while they seem to be informative they are no substitute for the real thing. Just wondered if anyone knew of valid instructers and/or schools with the survivalist/live off the land in mind?
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 6:29:12 PM EDT
[#1]
You may be out of luck.
Anyone know when the last traditional
hunter/gatherer acephalous band society
disappeared from N.America?
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 7:03:47 PM EDT
[#2]
[url]http://www.wildernesssurvival.com[/url]  Chris Janakowsiky world survival institute. More para military in nature but still cool. He also sells good video tapes

[url]www.survival.com[/url] - Ron Hood. He also sells good video tapes

[url]http://www.trackerschool.com[/url] - Tom brown real earth mother find your sprit animal crap…if you are into that
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 12:30:29 AM EDT
[#3]
ME! [;D]
Go take a look at,
[url]www.abotech.com[/url] this is primitive living/survival skills, and yes, there are people there who could live completely off the earth today (breaking a few laws possibly).
Ron Hood teaches up north now. He's former Army and recently he even taught a course with Greg Davenport - [url]www.simply-survival.com[/url], a former USAF  survival instructor. Also try [url]www.equipped.com[/url]  look under the schools listing (I'm in there!) and [url]www.jungletraining.com[/url] Randall has taken people to South America to train with the military in survival (three day course I think). I'm not sure if the trips are still going on. He has done week long no gear type sessions in the swamps of  America.
WSmac
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top