Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2001 12:15:37 PM EDT
I don't think that PA has reciprocity with FL, so I don't think I'll be carrying there, but- what are the laws regarding carrying in the car?
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 1:53:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Just got a fax from NRA-ILA that an agreement was signed between PA.,FLA., and KY. This was announced last Friday. Check the NRA web page
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 5:32:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Diss,
Problem in Pa. is that no one seems to want to go on the record to give proper guidelines for gun handling.
I do know that in your vehicle a firearm must be unloaded unless you have a CCW, then a loaded handgun must be kept concealed.
So w/out a CCW, a loaded mag must be removed from the gun and the chamber empty.
If there is a new reciprocity agreement, I'd call the Pennsylvania State Police and maybe even the State Attorney General's office for clarification. Don't take any chances.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 6:02:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Without a CCW, not only must the gun be unloaded, but it must be in the trunk.  If you have a truck, suv, hatchback, etc that either has no trunk or if the trunk is accessible from the inside of the car, the gun must be in a locked case, separate from the ammo.

PA has recently passed a reciprocity agreement with FL and KY, but I'm not sure whether or not it takes effect immediately or sometime in the future.  It would also be a good bet that most LE doesn't know about this yet.  KY has always recognized PA permits tho (well, at least since I've had my permit) - not sure about FL.  However, until this, PA did not recognize any other state's CCW, although they do allow a non-resident permit if you have a CCW from your home state.

Brian
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 6:09:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Brian,
Do you have any links to that info. I've never heard about my guns having to be kept in a locked case in my SUV. Is this new?
Thanks,
Allen
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top