Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2001 5:23:49 AM EDT
Ever seen bigfoot, a UFO, a Ghost , an Angel, the devil, or even the Great Pumpkin. lets here about it. It is after Hallos Eve BWAHAHAHAHHA!!!
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 5:27:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll get the s'mores ready.  You start the campfire.  Somebody needs to gather up the tinfoil hats.  This should be goooood!  [bounce]
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 5:34:00 AM EDT
[#2]
[IMG]http://www.freakygamers.com/smilies/s/contrib/edoom/spacecraft.gif[/IMG]

Couldn't resist[IMG]http://www.freakygamers.com/smilies/s/contrib/aahmed/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 5:39:54 AM EDT
[#3]
ok, why not...
i was 14 years old, in PA where i grew up. i was sitting on the floor with two of my cousins, watching TV. it was close to Christmas, and we had all kinds of family around. anyway, one of my cousins and i both saw something out of the corner of our eyes.

we looked outside, and saw, plain as day (against the dark backdrop of the night sky) a figure descending from the outside of the second story, and down to the ground. it was a ghost of my grandmother ~ i mean, undisputedly so, as my cousin said so too. anyway, she descended to the porch and moved/floated towards the driveway. at first we thought: why is she outside in her robe, its freezing, then we remembered that she was kind of floating, and a hazy-blue.

we both ran upstairs and could barely speak through our fears, but we explained to my mom what we saw, and she freaked out! a ghost of her mother? imagine the fealing my poor mom had, because my grandmother, the ghost, was still alive! she was sleaping in her bed.

so it was decided that we saw an apparition, DEFINATELY, but that it was nobody we knew. we haven't seen anything like that since.

happy hallows!
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 5:45:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 5:49:37 AM EDT
[#5]
doublefeed you better have taken a pic of that.

post it!
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 6:27:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 7:06:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 7:11:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 7:16:19 AM EDT
[#9]
This one was eery....

When I was 12 my step dad's father had a sawmill
and had built his residence on the second floor.
I had an aunt that had come up from Texas to
visit for awhile and she was there.  A horrible
fire took place, and I lost five family members
(aunts, uncles & cousins) and my aunt & her
daughter were two of them.

When we contacted her husband, who had stayed
behind in Texas, he said he had been up most of
the night in his apartment because he smelled
a horribly strong odor of smoke - but couldn't
find the source of it.  There was no fire that
night [i]down there[/i].
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 7:21:11 AM EDT
[#10]
I used to live in Germany, in a really small village....Bruckberg.  Our apartment's were real old, dated back to the 20's.  I would always see shadow people crossing small patches of light, usually in the dusk hours.

The wierdest of my shadow sightings was a shadow cat that I would see walking slowly through patches of light then disappear into the shadows.  I have no idea what they were and I only experienced this in Germany.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 7:22:13 AM EDT
[#11]
I took a shit after eating 3 cans of Metamucil as a dare, and I swear I saw god when it finally came out. I looked at it afterwards, and it took on the shape of Jay Lenno's face after it soaked up some water.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 7:30:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Sometimes I also have dreams that tell me things.  For example, I once had a dream that this girl who was a friend of my best friend's fiance was in trouble and needed a place to go.  I had the fiance call her up, and it turns out her boyfriend she was living with was beating her, but she couldn't leave because she had no friends in that city.

I've learned to trust my instincts and dreams, and usually I'm right.
View Quote

where i'm from, we call that "shining"!

early 1990's, maybe late 1980's, i don't remember exactly, i awoke from a horrible nightmare. i dreamt that i was fishing off a steel bridge in a nice, rural area. it was a rail bridge, and the train was coming, so i started off the edge towards the woods, then i heard a screaching sound, knew it wasn't right, and turned to look. the train was barrelling towards me on it's side! i jumped clear, and watched the carnage.

in my dream, i saw and smelled the blood, in full color and detail, bodies getting ripped apart and thrown through glass. huge metal beams punctured the cars and when i heard the screams, i awoke with a jump.

i lived near my boss, and on my way to work, i asked him if he saw anything on the news about a silver train wrecking on a bridge, he said no.

an hour later, he came flying around the corner, pale as snow. he told me that an Amtrak train derailed on a steel bridge in Virginia with many killed and injured, it happened at the same time i was dreaming about it! maybe some of you remember that wreck?
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 7:32:31 AM EDT
[#13]
ART BELL! ART BELL! ART BELL! ART BELL!
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 7:35:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 7:41:46 AM EDT
[#15]
I had a feeling once.

But it passed,

had to flush twice.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 7:42:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

where i'm from, we call that "shining"!
View Quote

I picked it up from my Dad.  The same thing happens to him all the time.  I very rarely tell people when I have the dreams because they'll think I'm crazy or something.
View Quote

yep, i don't know where it came from, but i usually tell NOBODY! there were many more, but the above two cases are the only two that i can actually provide witnesses for!
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 7:52:59 AM EDT
[#17]
In 91 or 92, we were still in Linden, NC - outside of Bragg.  We had bought our home about a year or so previous.

My wife and I have this signal, if we need to wake up in the night without any sound and to listen because something ain't right.  She just places her fingers on my lips.

Well, we were cozy in our bed and I had been asleep for some time, when I felt her fingers on my lips.  I woke up immediately because it's something we had talked about but had never needed to use it before.  Well, now I was awake!  She touched my ear and pointed to the bedroom door.

I began listening and I heard someone walking across the carpet!  You know the sound, kind of a swishing, rubbing sound.  I heard it so plainly, that I reached over, pulled my P85 out of the side of the bed (which was loaded) and thumbed the hammer back, laid it on my chest and waited.

The "walking" came right up to the bedroom door and stopped.  I didn't roll out of bed or anything, it was like an overwhelming feeling of "it's ok, don't worry, relax" came over me.  The "walking" started moving away and then it was gone.  I lowered the hammer of my pistol and we went back to sleep.

About a week later, our renter had his girlfriend over.  She was a bit older and we got to talking about our ordeal.  She listened a looked dead at us and said, "it's a conferderate soldier who is in the area.  He stopped in to make sure the occupants of the house, were ok."  She was dead serious.  We found out later in the evening, she is clarvoiant (sp?) or whatever it is when you can feel, perceive things and connect with things that most of us can't.

After that, we never heard him again.  We were cool with it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 7:54:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 8:29:23 AM EDT
[#19]
My mother has this gift of receiving premonitions. Anyway this gift has somehow been passed along to me. These premonitions come to me in either dreams when I am sleeping or these premonitions can just come into my head right out of the blue. The majority of my premonitions come true. I have gotten so use to this gift being in my everyday life that I do not really think anything of it anymore. I do not tell anyone about it and I typically keep this gift to myself. The only ones that know of this gift is my mother, my wife, and brother.

But I will now tell you something that will freak you all out. Sunday night September 9th I had this dream. I walked out of the house and picked up my newspaper and the front headlines showed Terrorism has hit the World trade center buildings. And it described how 2 different airliners slammed into each building completely destroying both of them. Then I went into the house and turned on the T.V. and they were broadcasting these events on all the stations.
There was nothing in my dream about the other 2 flights and the Pentagon getting hit.

The next day after awaking I remembered this dream quite clearly but did not think too deeply about it. I just figured it was another one of my crazy dreams with no rhyme or reason to it. Tuesday morning I was shopping when I step into this store and the radio is going and a lot of people are gathered around it and talking about what is happening. Of course I asked them what was going on and they all tell me like I am some kind of idiot "You mean to tell me that you have not heard what is going on in New York and DC" and started elaborating on the story for me. I have had some very interesting premonitions come true but I must admit, this one tops them all.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 9:01:44 AM EDT
[#20]
True story. When I was ~10 years old, I went ice fishing with my uncle and cousins, about 20 miles from my home. Per usual, my cousins and I were screwing around on the ice. Running and sliding, etc. Being the epitome of grace, I slipped and fell forward, breaking my fall with my hands. No harm done. Starting to get back up-until my cousin trips over me and lands on me-which impacts my head into the ice. Big goose egg on the noggin, which leads to 2 beautiful shiners. Needless to say, I blatted my eyes out. Hurt like hell. I retired to the fishing shanty to ease my aching head, all thoughts of my ice dancing career on hold. Around 1/2 hour later, my mother shows up, out of the blue, at the ice shanty. She had a "feeling" that something wasn't right with her little baby. Pretty strange. This was in pre-cell phone days!

Good thing I'm a hard-headed SOB.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 9:11:49 AM EDT
[#21]
I've only had one, and to this day I still think it was very unnatural.

I was 19 years old, and this centers around the day my mom died.  It was Friday June 13 (no joke) 1986.  I was living in Oxnard, Ca (still with parents at the time) and was getting ready to go to the Metallica/Ozzy show at the Long Beach Arena that night.

At about 2:30 pm I left the house on my motorcycle to go to my friends place in Ventura so we could leave.  Before I left, I went to my parents bedroom door to let my mom know I was leaving.  I peeked in and saw her on the bed and figured she was taking a nap, so I left without waking her.

As I hopped onto the 101 North from Ventura Blvd., My bike started making a lot of noise.  I immediately pulled to the shoulder and checked to see what had happened.  The exhaust manifold bolts had broken and allowed the donut to slide down the pipe causing it to separate from the head and allow the exhaust to escape.

My first thought was to go straight home because I didn't want to burn an exhaust valve, but I figured that it was closer to stop at a gas station and jerry rig the manifold by tying it to the cylinder block with some bailing wire.  After all, I was only a couple of miles from my friends house.

This was at about 2:45 'cause it only takes about 15 minutes to get from where I lived to that point.

Against my own better judgement I rode to my friends place then went to the show.

I got home about 1:30 am and it looked like a party was goin' on at my house.  All the lights were on and two of my uncles' cars were there.  Not thinking, and still being a little hammered I sarcastically said "Who died?"

My mom did.  Coroner report claimed it was at about 3:00 pm ( I think it was closer to 2:45).

Manifold bolts with no signs of corrosion don't just snap on three year old motorcycles.  

Explain that to me.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 9:13:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 11:05:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 12:33:38 PM EDT
[#24]
I have something to share too:

When my father passed away in 1996, on that day when I woke up in the morning to prepare to go to work like any other day, and for some reason I had an urge to stay home that day. I called in sick and it turn out later that day that a Police Officer called me and said that my father had passed away in his sleep. When I got there to my father apartment with the rest of the family, we found that there only on phone number written down in the kitchen near the phone, and it was mine.  

When my mother passed away 3 years later, also that morning suddenly I had an urge to go to see her right away. I got to the Senior citizen home where she stayed and found out that they had moved her to the emergency room at Arlington Hospital. I had no idea that she had been moved.  I got there and there she was, sleeping but had a very hard time breathing. I hold her hand and thinking to myself "I know that you are here" (talking to the angels in the room), "please take good care of her" and suddenly like in a daze, I saw through the windows of the hospital, wind blown hard shaking those far away trees and suddenly a voice spoke to me real loud that snapped me out of the daze. "Yes!" It was my mom who said it, but how can she heard me thinking? and that was it, one word. She passed away that evening.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 4:28:20 PM EDT
[#25]
I have missed all UFOs and People type ghosts, but I do have a Ghost Cat, like brouhaha described.
I "picked it up" while in the AF.  And it since has moved with me to different living places.

I see it out of the corner of my eyes and when I look down its not there.  Once when I was sitting outside on the steps I felt it rub HARD up against my back (like cats do) but when I went to pat it there was nothing there.  THis has happened three times.  Onch while I was online I felt it rub up against my leg, but there was nothing there when I look.

NOW I do have a cat, and this is NOT him doing this.  He doesn't go out side.
Nor does he see it.

I also used to have ESP like powers to know when things were going to happen.  I never knew what they were at the time until they happened.
This went on for years.  I would never know when I'm getting a preminition because it comes in the form of a different though about something.

BISHOP
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 4:31:45 PM EDT
[#26]
And one time at Bandcamp[:D]
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 4:34:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I took a shit after eating 3 cans of Metamucil as a dare, and I swear I saw god when it finally came out. I looked at it afterwards, and it took on the shape of Jay Lenno's face after it soaked up some water.
View Quote

Monel, you've been watching way too much Southpark! [;D]
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 5:16:15 PM EDT
[#28]
One day I was in Vicksburg, MS.  As most of you know there was a large Civil War battle in Vicksburg.  Well, strangest thing, I heard gun shots off in the distance all day.  It was really weird.  I was in a stand deer hunting.  It was opening day of deer season, two years ago.

I hope I see bigfoot one day, I wonder what the taxidermist will say[:)]

On a more serious note, I do sense things that come true alot.  I think I have some psychic ability.  I need to learn how to control it.  Then I could change my name to Mr. Cleo and make money.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 5:21:01 PM EDT
[#29]
After years of hunting, I know that I key in on furtive movement, automatically.  

When out camping, or hunting, I ocassionally see furtive, darting figures out of the corner of my eye.  When I go to check it out, half the time, there is nothing there, the other half of the time, something *was* there (an animal).  One incident that particularly scared me was catching a fleeting glimpse of a dark, large-sized human torso sinking rapidly down behind a log, as if to evade being seen by me, while watching me.

My eyes must have been bugging out as I walked up to the log to see what was there-- Nothing.

I also definately have a good "sense" for whether a geographic area is safe, or not.  I can just look at an area, and if I get a "scared" feeling, than I know it isn't safe to walk around in.  

The few times I ignored this strong impression, I was very sorry. Probably just instinct though, not psychic powers.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 5:31:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 5:36:47 PM EDT
[#31]
I drank a bottle of Jagermeister,
then went to the VFW
Halloween party where my body was taken
over (if not totally cosumed) by spirits.

They must have
followed me home
because when I got up on Sunday morning
the house had a cool chill to it,
the front door was open,
and the dogs were outside [:O]

Link Posted: 10/30/2001 6:51:58 PM EDT
[#32]
I am not sure what you would call this but it was strange.

I was on my way home from work and was stopped at in a long line of cars at a stop light. Well for some reason I was looking in the rearview mirror at a car behind me and it was like I could not take my eyes off of it. Well when the light turned and I started to pull forward I was still keeping an eye on this car. As soon as this car started to move both front tires turned inward as if the tie rods had broken all the sudden. I have never witnessed that before or since then.

Maybe I made it happen!

I guess that is not very strange compared to some of these stories.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top