Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2001 3:35:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 3:48:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I just got this today in an e-mail.  This really torques me off.  How can anyone who is an American citizen, tell any other American not to fly our national symbol, just because it might offend someone who is not a citizen.  Biased?  Damn right we should be!!!  If you do not "lean" our way in this issue, you should be considered a traitor.  We have had war declared on us.  If you support our enemy, even by showing a non-biased position, you are a traitor.  Ranks right up there with Jane Fonda.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 4:00:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Simple solution: If any are offended by the flag of this (MY) country (or the flags of my allies, for that matter), GET THE F*CK OUT!
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 4:14:25 PM EDT
[#3]
these people that can't handle a US flag in America are idiots. I wouldn't go to canada and bitch about seeing canadian flags
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 4:17:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn you, I just got that fricken song outta my head.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 4:19:19 PM EDT
[#5]
If you haven't noticed we have become a rights of the few outweighs the rights of the many country,

Not exactly what Democracy is all about.  My hope (and prayer) is that this tragedy & all that comes from it will cause Americans be forever patriotic.  We'll never agree with all our government does, when did you ever agree with everything someone did?  Don't just fly the flag now, but fly it when times are tough.

America was founded because of the search for religious freedom.  That means we can be Jewish, Catholic, Muslim, agnostic or atheist, or whatever.  Try that in Afghanistan. Or Saudi Arabia. Or Syria.

God friggin' Bless America! Your right to be offended does not quell my 1st Amendment right to say it!
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 6:13:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't think that any foreign-born people are offended by the flag.  Rather, I think that the US-born PC crowd is afraid that foreign-born people [u]might[/u] be offended by the flag.

Pretty ridiculous if you ask me.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 7:08:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top