Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2001 12:49:16 PM EDT
What a great football game this afternoon.  Oklahoma v Nebraska, the defending national champion,  hadn't lost in the last 20 (I think thats right) games. Nebraska hadn't lost at home in the last 19 games.  A Classic battle.  This is what college sports is all about.  Way to go HUSKERS.  The wife was gone for the day so I got out the guns and cleaned them while watching the game, and the home team won,  it doesn't get any better than this.  [beer]
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 1:39:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Barring any unexpected breakdowns, I expect a Miami-Nebraska Rose Bowl.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 7:36:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I hate to lose, but if we had to lose to somebody, I'm glad it was Nebraska.  Only Nebraska and Oklahoma fans understand our rivaly.  It is about tradition and respect, and you guys have the most classy fans up there in lincoln.

See ya in the Big12 championship game!
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 7:41:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I hate to lose, but if we had to lose to somebody, I'm glad it was Nebraska.
View Quote

I wasn't aware that you were playing for OU. What number, position, etc.? Why didn't you tell us that you're an OU player? Far out.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 8:17:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Ya' got that right, tool.

I'm a Cornhusker and I'm damned glad to see OU back off probation and building a great team again. It just wasn't the same for all those years.

The two finest teams in college football. And we KNOW which one is best [;)].
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 8:22:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey jim, I see your team, OSU, choked again.   ouch!
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 8:29:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey jim, I see your team, OSU, choked again. ouch!
View Quote

My dear [b]tool[/b], you've confused me with someone else. You said "we" when referring to OU's "football" team. What position do you play? This is absolutely fascinating to me to have such a skilled student athlete on the board.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 2:50:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Tool;
I hate to lose, but if we had to lose to somebody, I'm glad it was Nebraska. Only Nebraska and Oklahoma fans understand our rivalry. It is about tradition and respect, and you guys have the most classy fans up there in Lincoln.

See ya in the Big12 championship game!
View Quote

your right, The Big 12 screwed up in 2 respects, first Oklahoma and Nebraska don't gt to play every year on Thanksgiving weekend.  Secondly, I hate the Big 12 Championship, it really can take a team out of the national championship running.  It should be another great battle in Texas.    

I really miss the Thanksgiving weekend games. As kids we would go hunt pheasant until just before dinner/supper, and/or the game, then enjoy the best game of the year. Now we play Colorado, just not the same.  I too am glad to Oklahoma back as a premier team.  It's the kind of game we had yesterday that you appreciate and remember, not the 60-10 games.  Thanks for the compliment regarding our fans.    GO BIG RED.  [usa]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top