Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/5/2007 10:33:52 AM EDT
Wahhhh... screw everybody else. If we don't get our way we're taking our bats and balls
and are going home...

Black lawmakers walk out of Pa. House

1:24 PM EST, December 5, 2007

HARRISBURG - Members of the state House's Legislative Black Caucus walked off the House floor this afternoon demanding votes on stalled gun-control bills.

The protest threatened to bring business in the chamber to a standstill because the 25-member caucus is a significant voting block, and could stand in the way of reaching the 102 votes need to approve legislation. The House has 203 members.

"There's no more blind loyalty to anyone," said Rep. Thomas Blackwell, D-Philadelphia, in an interview. "You have to respect us."

The black caucus, which hails largely from Philadelphia, staged its walkout just moments before the House was to begin voting on a proposal to overhaul the state's Right to Know Law.

Black lawmakers began by asking for what's known as "leave," which would excuse them from voting for the day. One by one, they stepped up to the microphone and left the chamber.

Later, Blackwell and other caucus members said they'd continue their protest until colleagues acted on gun-control bills.

Last month, Gov. Ed Rendell unsuccessfully lobbied the House Judiciary Committee to send three gun-control bills to the House floor for a vote. Those measures included a proposal limiting Pennsylvanians to one gun purchase per-month, and another requiring gun owners to report lost or stolen weapons.

"Philadelphia must be respected and listened to," said Rep. Angel Cruz, who like other caucus members, said he was tired of putting up votes for other bills while those critical to his constituents were being ignored.

"We'll vote on healthcare and all that," he said. "But what good is healthcare if people are dying."

www.mcall.com/news/local/all-caucus1205-cn,0,7212390.story
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:34:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Boohoo.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:35:40 AM EDT
[#2]
"We'll vote on healthcare and all that," he said. "But what good is healthcare if people are dying."

So without guns there would be no death?  No way!  The Brady Campaign just got a new member!

NOT!!!!  Fuck him!
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:36:17 AM EDT
[#3]
They should be fired for failure to perform their job.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:38:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, getting those laws passed will really stop the guns from getting in the wrong hands.  Morons.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:38:56 AM EDT
[#5]
So what, just vote no and call it a day.  What's the delay for?

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:39:17 AM EDT
[#6]
see ya!
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:39:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
They should be fired for failure to perform their job.

Wouldn't this apply to all politicians?
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:40:50 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

To make a statement.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:41:16 AM EDT
[#9]
My theory is showing strength.  No law making is my preference.  Go on strike you silly bastards, fine with me.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:42:34 AM EDT
[#10]
"Philadelphia must be respected and listened to," said Rep. Angel Cruz,

So they think fhiltydelphia trumps they entire rest of the state of PA?
What 'tards.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:42:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Retarded reasoning.

max
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:44:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Don't let the door hit ya...
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:45:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:51:10 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

i think as the latino vote becomes moe and more important, blacks will insist on more and more attention. latinos are already the biggest minority in the us. it's just a matter of time before they start flexing their political clout. blacks will become more and more irrelevant as the left and right fight for the brown vote. my guess is they're trying to git it while the gittin's good!
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:51:13 AM EDT
[#15]

"There's no more blind loyalty to anyone," said Rep. Thomas Blackwell, D-Philadelphia, in an interview. "You have to respect us."

And the blind loyalty the black caucus has towards its' own agendas is?
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:56:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Two things

Clearly black lawmakers in PA. do not know the orgins of gun control.

State government shuts down, great for the people of Pennsylvania.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 11:00:04 AM EDT
[#17]
[Curly Bill] Well, bye. [/Curly Bill]
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 11:00:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Yep, another law will stop all those law-abiding murderers and thugs.  Class A thinking, there.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 11:01:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Would anyone miss them?  My guess is no one.  
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 11:03:29 AM EDT
[#20]
What was the White Caucus' response?

Oh wait......that would be racist.....
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 11:05:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Good, get out and stay out, fuckers!

This behaviour is typical of the leadership based in Philly.  Jump around like an ass bringing attention to yourself, making it seem to the sheep that you're actually doing something (which they are obviously not), then blame everyone else for shit not getting fixed.

"But...but, we tried.  Look, they are blocking legislation that will obviously save lives!"

They need to start putting criminals in jail for freaking ever...starting with themselves.  Freaking C U N T S!!!!  
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 11:05:38 AM EDT
[#22]
I hope they walk to the river and drop in!!
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 11:06:18 AM EDT
[#23]
One of these days these "special interest" caucuses are going to be the recipient of the same backlash that the illegals marching for their "rights" got. Now illegal immigration is front and center and they are going to rue the day they "came out' the way they did. Same for all the other race or gender based groups that want special attention. They will get it but they aren't going to like it.

Semper Fi!
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 11:06:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Black people not on welfare?????
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 11:07:07 AM EDT
[#25]
The rest of the PA Legislature ought to lock those bastards out.

Why can't they just pass a Philadelphia ordinance and leave the rest of the state alone?
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 11:07:09 AM EDT
[#26]
So almost 1/4 of the Democrats in the state House just walked out?

I smell opportunity!
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 11:08:15 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
So almost 1/4 of the Democrats in the state House just walked out?

I smell opportunity!

I wish they would do that in the PRK.  I call that progress.  
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 11:14:19 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Why can't they just pass a Philadelphia ordinance and leave the rest of the state alone?

Uh, how about...NO!  If we used that logic, we could serve up CA to the wolves and be done with it, right?  Give them an inch, and they'll take a mile...
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 11:17:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Wasn't the original machine gun tax aimed at disarming minorities? Now they want to disarm themselves- interesting.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 11:20:22 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
What was the White Caucus' response?

Oh wait......that would be racist.....

Fuck, aint that the truth.

They would all be up in arms about the 'racist' white caucus.

Hell, I want to be part of the black caucus........... wonder if thry would let me..... they CANT be racist... right?
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 11:21:12 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

And the rest of the state doesn't matter?  If poor wittle ole Phiwwy don't get it's way, it's just gonna take it's wittle ball and go hwome.  WAH WAH WAH

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 11:22:38 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

PA is a Dillion Rule state?
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 11:26:09 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not really. We actually have a state statute that preempts local regulations in regards to firearms. Philly USED to be able to have its own firearms rules, but the state took that away over a decade ago.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 11:27:20 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not really. We actually have a state statute that preempts local regulations in regards to firearms. Philly USED to be able to have its own firearms rules, but the state took that away over a decade ago.

Much like VA.  
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 11:58:26 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And when Ortiz and Philly took the state preemption law on in the courts, the PA Supreme Court spanked them really hard, stating that the RKBA as protected in Article I, Sec. 21 of the PA constitution applies to ALL Pennsylvanians, including those in Philly.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 12:06:37 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

What 'tards.

fucking idiots their BRO's dont get their guns legally anyway they are just screwing with whitey is all
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 12:09:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Yeah, bitch!  Respect them!
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 12:12:29 PM EDT
[#38]
"waaa waaa we cant get our way so we are gonna walk out like the whiney little attention whores we are!!"

thats pretty much what it tells me..

They usually end up doing one of the following things (perhaps all of them):

1. Bitch about it CONSTANTLY
2. Attack other people for their own faults
3. Bitch some more
4. Walk out
5. Recount the votes until we get our way!

And people want these reality show candidates to be POLITICIANS?!! Holy shit.. How far we have fallen over the years..
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 12:12:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Well, bye.

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 12:16:31 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Because it would violate our State Constitution and our state pre-emption laws.

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 12:19:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 12:21:33 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Black people not on welfare?????

Dude, common now
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 12:28:00 PM EDT
[#43]

"But what good is healthcare if people are dying."

haha
great point

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 12:29:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Only when the spotlight is on them...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpSfThUv_pc
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 12:33:30 PM EDT
[#45]
"Well... bye."

[/Curly Bill]
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 12:33:54 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

"But what good is healthcare if people are dying."

haha
great point

Are they dying?   Or are they being murdered by thugs?  
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 12:34:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Never have I seen such an unbelievable absence of effective leadership within any one particular group of people.

It's worse than no leadership when the result is so often as stunningly hypocritical and counter productive as they are.

Blaming whitey is just laughable to me these days....as it has been for some time now.

The truly pathetic part is, we've already seen the high water mark...and that's as good as it's gonna get.

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 12:36:58 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Two things

Clearly black lawmakers in PA. do not know the orgins of gun control.

State government shuts down, great for the people of Pennsylvania.

Funny, I was thinking both things...  

I vote grid lock every time.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 12:37:11 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

What 'tards.

In their entitlement-riddled minds, they believe that to be true, yes.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 12:37:44 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because it would violate our State Constitution and our state pre-emption laws.

Plus the only place in PA I ever thought "Oh shit, shoulda brought my gun" was in Philly.

EGGZACTLY !

I won't go NEAR Philly without a gun on me.

The frustrating thing is, a short drive over the bridge into NJ with that gun and you instantly become a felon.
Forget the gun... just a pocket full of hollowpoints will land you in jail in NJ.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top