Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2007 6:03:10 PM EDT
www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22041259/

Supposed yeti footprints found near Everest. Any relation to Bigfoot? Is muddydog around to comment?

Also, what is the effects of high altitude on .308
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 6:50:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:04:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I dunno if there's anything really there or not, but it's nice to see there's some mystery left in the world.

I bet if they never found anything really concrete, a life spent hiking around the Himalayas looking for something neat would be a good one.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:10:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Hoax! Just some kids strapping on some fake feet and walking up and down Everest! These things dont exist!
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:10:40 PM EDT
[#4]

The problem with a "Yeti" at high mountain altitudes is the same as the problem with a Loch Ness monster.  There simply isn't enough food in those environments to support a large animal like that.

Oh - and Santa isn't real either!!  
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:11:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I knew it! I knew he was hiding up there.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:18:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The problem with a "Yeti" at high mountain altitudes is the same as the problem with a Loch Ness monster.  There simply isn't enough food in those environments to support a large animal like that.

Enjoy smoking that turd in hell, you big humbug!

I have a grad student in my department from Nepal.  Even mentioning a yeti makes her shudder!  She has a standing offer of housing and food for any anthropologist in our program that would like to go to her village and study yetis...
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:33:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
h - and Santa isn't real either!!  

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:35:03 PM EDT
[#8]
It's just a bear with a club foot.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:35:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF over?
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:47:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Trying to get away from global warming.
Soon Mt. Everest will be the worlds largest water slide you know.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:53:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF over?

Santa heard about the geese.  DK's on the double-secret naughty list.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 8:16:34 PM EDT
[#12]
we have a footprint that looks remarkably similiar to the one they posted a pic of.

wide spread out toe region, but longer to the heel.

from what i have read, there are 3 animals referred to as yetis. 1 type is very close to what we have running around N.A.

as far as a .308. if you got it flaunt it.
into the melon.

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 8:17:24 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I was under the impression there were large schools of salmon swimming around Loch Ness for that big old thing to eat
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 8:17:28 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

what about if it lives down low and climbs high for the view?? or caves??
down low they got good eats.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 8:17:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Depending upon the smell, it could have been my mother in law.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 8:24:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Global warming will kill off the yetis
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 8:28:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Man - I don't care about the Yeti - surely you are wrong about Santa.  He did kick me off his lap last year at the mall when I asked for a 50 caliber rifle, though.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 8:50:30 PM EDT
[#18]
hell..
i'd let Santa play with my ass and squeeze me tight if i thought he would bring me a Barrett.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 9:00:32 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
hell..
i'd let Santa play with my ass and squeeze me tight if i thought he would bring me a Barrett.

So quoteing that. And I think I have a new sig .
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 9:03:21 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
hell..

So quoteing that. And I think I have a new sig .

Sadly, 5 percent of this board would allow grabastic Santa to do that even if no gun was promised.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 11:11:11 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
we have a footprint that looks remarkably similiar to the one they posted a pic of.

wide spread out toe region, but longer to the heel.

from what i have read, there are 3 animals referred to as yetis. 1 type is very close to what we have running around N.A.

as far as a .308. if you got it flaunt it.
into the melon.

muddydog, based on the footprint, how big would you say this creature would have to be?

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 11:24:03 PM EDT
[#22]
based on what i have seen..

its not HUGE..

huge ones here have massive prints.
21-28 inches long.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top