Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2007 9:49:48 AM EDT
Check out this stuff.  A seminar on how NOT to hire Americans.

www.networkworld.com/community/?q=node/16421

MtnWalker
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:52:30 AM EDT
[#1]
That guy needs a swift kick in the balls.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:00:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to america. The rest of you get out.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:02:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Free Market.

ARFCOM loves it and simultaneously hates it.

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:05:06 AM EDT
[#4]
The last position I had to fill, for a Product Marketing Engineer, I had exactly 0 applicants who were US citizens.  Every one was a foreign national, in grad school, and needed H1-B visa sponsorship.

We recruited at all the top universities, and had a headhunter out.  Not one US citizen in the resume pile.

Geoff
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:10:13 AM EDT
[#5]
IBD_A
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:12:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The last position I had to fill, for a Product Marketing Engineer, I had exactly 0 applicants who were US citizens.  Every one was a foreign national, in grad school, and needed H1-B visa sponsorship.

We recruited at all the top universities, and had a headhunter out.  Not one US citizen in the resume pile.

Demand, meet supply.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:20:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Geoff

Really... There's 100 pages of people on monster.com who answer to "Product Marketing Engineer".  Not surprised about the "Top Universities" either.  Education is a huge export for the US.  Should grow with the falling dollar.  The instutions need to provide a little placement services for the cash paying foreign clients.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:47:57 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Geoff

I have been in large systems for about 20 years.  Every single time I had HR tell me that they could not possibly find any US nationals for the position, I asked around, checked with recruiters I knew, and so forth, and had candidates that were actually qualified in less that a week, often for the same money.  I don't know anyone who has ever had difficulty finding a US national for a position, ever, including research positions in fields filled with non-US persons.

I have never failed to find a US person, easily.  Never.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top