Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2007 3:27:15 AM EDT
  when outfitting your AR????

Definitions

No Frills---No more than 2 accessories

Tactimaniac---- Well you know who you are!!!

Post pics
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:37:16 AM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:39:18 AM EDT
[#2]
My favorite AR's are retro.

The A1 version of the rifle has it all, with the exception of needing a flat-top for better installation of an optic.

ETA:  Let's not forget, the original concept of the M16 was to have a rifle that weighed 6 lbs LOADED.  Then we just kept adding shit...
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:42:55 AM EDT
[#3]

when it comes to the 556 223 ar Im no frills.  the other ARs are pretty basic too.  just get them going and youre having fun.  Ive had some nutty stuff but found it doesnt do shit but take up money and time.

KISS!!!
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:47:06 AM EDT
[#4]
No frills.  I might put some optics on there, but the carrying handle irons work fine for now.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:52:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:53:30 AM EDT
[#6]
To each their own, certainly, but as for me, cuz ya *did* ask, it's no-frills.  *TO ME*, all those rails and crap and what not are silly.  The bullet still comes out the front of my ARs, and I'll hit the same thing Mr.Railz will.  
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 4:08:28 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm definitely on the sleek light end...  Everything is to make it lighter and smaller...

Like I'll be adding a collapsible stock to my Ar-10.

I will not be loading up on gadgets and gizmos that just weigh the thing down.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top