Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2007 3:18:35 PM EDT
Seems to me that the DIs try to dish out a little crap to everyone in the platoon. No one escapes. This leaves me with this question: If you were going in, and thought you were pretty squared away, should you do something to get the DIs attention early and get it out of the way, or wait till the DI decides "yo' time has come, boy?"
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 3:19:38 PM EDT
[#1]
NEVER VOLUNTEER FOR NOTHIN!

other than enlisting
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 3:20:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Hell no.

Keep your mouth shut and plug along. If the DI wants to give you shit, he'll get around to you.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:35:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Hell no.

Keep your mouth shut and plug along. If the DI wants to give you shit, he'll get around to you.

That's about what I thought... if you don't screw up, they'll find something else to harass you for. A friend of mine thought this'd be a good course though.

I wish her luck.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:37:11 PM EDT
[#4]

They will find their favorite recruits to thrash.

Rushing up early and putting your name on that list isn't a good idea.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:50:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

They will find their favorite recruits to thrash.

Rushing up early and putting your name on that list isn't a good idea.

Agreed. Most Sergeants I know never had a limit to their ... they'd just make more.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:51:03 PM EDT
[#6]
My son completed Cav Scout OSUT back in July.

Cav Scout is very hard and disciplined training.

His idea was to mind his own business, do what he was told to do, and not bring attention to himself.

He still got his individual butt smoked a dozen times and scores of times with the platoon.

For instance, there was a rule that you couldn't look out the windows.   One rainy Sunday afternoon he was GIing the barracks and briefly looked out the window to see if it was still raining.  He said he wasn't looking for more than a second.  The Drill Sgt just happens to come by and see him.  He spent the next hour and half being smoked in the rain, one on one with the DS.  After he was individually smoked the DS went back to the barracks and got the whole platoon out and smoked all of them for another hour, in the rain.

His platoon was not allowed to have dessert.  One day he glanced at the dessert area in the mess hall.  He didn't take anything, just looked as he walked by.  The DS saw him look and made everybody in his platoon stop eating and go outside and he smoked them all for an hour and they got no food that night.

I could tell you other stories.

No matter what you do they are going to get you.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:58:52 PM EDT
[#7]
yep.  No matter how hard you try to blend into the woodwork, they're gonna find you.  NEVERNEVERNEVERNEVER EVER volunteer!  You get branded a 'go-getter' (ass kisser) and your boot camp record stays at boot camp anyway.  Nothing on my records says anything about basic training other than 'graduated'.

**My TI didn't even know my name until the 4th week....when he realized that I hadn't been singled out yet, he more than made up for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top