Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2007 1:00:09 PM EDT
Foxnews

Don't worry, be happy: If you're a Republican, those words should be easy to follow.

A roundup of Gallup health polls over the past four years finds that Republicans are far more likely than Democrats to report having excellent mental health.

The survey found that 58 percent of Republicans polled reported having excellent mental health. Only 38 percent of Democrats and 43 percent of Independents reported the same.

The study concluded it was unclear why there was such a strong correlation, but the relationship between party affiliation and mental health was virtually constant even within categories of income, age, gender and other factors.

"The reason the relationship exists between being a Republican and more positive mental health is unknown, and one cannot say whether something about being a Republican causes a person to be more mentally healthy or whether something about being mentally healthy causes a person to choose to become a Republican," the study said.

ETA: Just saw it's a dupe.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 1:04:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been saying for years that Liberalism = mental illness.  It's obvious when you examine the sheer inability of liberal to understand and be swayed by facts and logic.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 1:41:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe the R's are just lying.

"more likely to report"
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 1:43:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Libs are always worried about every little thing.  And they always get worked up over everything that has "George Bush" in the same paragraph.  Sometimes I read DU and I'm amazed at all the little whiney bitches over there.  I'm not surprised with the results of the study.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 1:53:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Maybe the R's are just lying.

"more likely to report"

Perhaps.

For some reason I associate generosity and charity with honesty though and we know conservatives are more generous. Who Really Cares - Arthur C. Brooks
So I find this completely believable and see no reason to start contriving imaginary scenarios the invalidate this information.

Maybe generosity and charity aren't associated with honesty though, who knows.
In my experience liberals lie a lot more than conservatives.  They pretty much have to just to pretend to believe most of the pretenses they use so I guess that shouldn't be a surprise.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 1:56:39 PM EDT
[#5]
YOUISDUPAGE
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top