Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2001 3:53:59 PM EDT
Anyone watching Fox news right now? (quarter to 8) there something about the snipers in Afghanistan, and there having a reporter & two other army guy sit like 5 feet away from a target of a human torso while the sniper was shooting at it from a concealed position.

And these are the "highly trained" troops? Even if they are marine snipers, that's just unsafe gun handling.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 4:22:36 PM EDT
[#1]
i this was from a segment on professional protection consultants and training.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 4:26:22 PM EDT
[#2]
What do you mean unsafe gun handling?  Was anyone injured?  This is an example of exemplary gun handling.  SEALs take turns being the "hostage" inside the shoot houses--with live ammo hitting the targets around them.

Link Posted: 10/22/2001 4:29:51 PM EDT
[#3]
This training technique is actually used by many of the top SWAT / SF units around the world.

I've seen the LASO SWAT do this under even tighter conditions. SAS does something like this on room entry drills with members of their own team in the room with Bad guy targets .
Memebers of the Royal family have even been known to do this also.

One thing I noticed is that they never checked the tarets for hits !! Based on what I saw of where the rounds where hitting I think they may have missed.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 4:33:54 PM EDT
[#4]
are you talking about missing the targets on the fox segement? i think they cut back to the target check at some point. center of mass and targets right eye...right on...from 230 yds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top