Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2001 1:35:31 PM EDT
Does anyone have any firsthand experience with their upper receiver assemblies? Particularly the 24" low rider models. How is their reliabilty, and how accurate are they to shoot? How about out-of-box fit and finish? I'm being so particular because the upper I just got from Model 1 Sales won't feed ammo and has REALLY disappointed me! [chainsaw]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 2:03:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I purchased one of their national match dcm uppers last year, to replace the shot out barrel on my pre ban colt blue label

fit and finish are excellent, finish is on the darker side as compaired to colt light grey

on the match uppers the nm chanbers are on the tight side (the way they should be) if your brass is not trimmed to spec there can be some problems.

but assuming your ammo is within spec there will be no problems.

As far as accuracy goes im sure the gun is more than capable of making better groups than i can muster

The first 5 rounds i put through it were within half an inch,
At 100 yards shooting in the prone position. using 69 grain siera match kings using iron sights.

Ive never put factory ammo through it only reloads. their customer service is excellent too

IMO I whole heartedly recomend RRA

Link Posted: 10/21/2001 2:26:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey po89mm any idea how many rounds you shot through your Colt before the barrel went?
By the way why didn't you just replace the barrel?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top