Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2001 8:26:42 AM EDT
[url]http://www.msnbc.com/news/645625.asp[/url]

"ISLAMABAD, Pakistan, Oct. 20 — In their words and their actions, Afghanistan’s Taliban rulers are revealing a military strategy that relies on U.S. reluctance to take casualties and the legendary ability of Afghan guerrillas to endure prolonged hardships in the mountains of the rugged country."

I believe when President Bush said we'll smoke em out he meant it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 8:57:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.msnbc.com/news/645625.asp[/url]

"Afghanistan’s Taliban rulers are revealing a military strategy that relies on U.S. reluctance to take casualties and the legendary ability of Afghan guerrillas to endure prolonged hardships in the mountains of the rugged country."

View Quote

The Ranger raid was intended to force those little cockroaches out of their mountain hiding places!  They will have to expend their pathetic resources to protect their command and control.  Then they become EASY targets!

Like the song by the Stones - TIME IS ON MY SIDE (the US's side that is!).

DaMan    
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 9:19:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Shucks... let em sit in the caves all winter ...
Just prarie dog them... when they poke their head out ...
pop there goes another one ...
Ted...
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 9:23:29 AM EDT
[#3]
IMO we can make this thing our hobby for the next few years.

Men on the run are first thrilled by it..........but I'm sure living in a cave will wear on them.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 9:36:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I see a whole new generation of US Warrior coming out of this.  Tougher, battle tested, with lots of sniper practice.  Put a team overlooking every cave & selectively take them out with a Barrett.  Nothing like one well placed shot to quell civil disobedience....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top