Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2007 4:29:07 PM EDT
I started a new job in July in a position where I deal with large volumes of mutual fund transactions.  We have lots of offices and branches that we service daily and as most of you know that New York City is the financial capitol of the world.  Almost daily I see offices in 1 and 2 World Trade Center and some of them above floor 80.  

I asked why no one had changed the office locations and the reps locations, the response was if I wanted it done, for me to do it.  I quickly understood why no one had done it.  I did not want to be the guy who calls an office to find out if the rep lived or died on 9/11.

Trades follow the reps even after they leave a firm and some of the reps have lots of trades the just keep coming down for these offices.  Kind of creepy.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 4:49:07 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I wonder if any of the deceased still have active accounts their families could benefit from.

I am pretty sure that if the FA/Rep dies or is no longer registered with FINRA the brokerage house keeps the commissions.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 4:51:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Wrong forum.  No offense.

Que?
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:11:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wrong forum.  No offense.

Que?

I originally posted this in The Armory GD.

I had it moved to the proper forum.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top